[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Finchiboy wrote:
How to you calculate 1Mil SHaper dps when on pastebinds its 207k ?

207k dps is for one single projectile buffed with point blank if the projectile traveled less than 10 units. You can select Melee Hit to see the dps from the Melee Hit.

Molten Strike projectiles travel normally from 5 to 20 units. With Concentrated Effect, the distance travelled becomes from 5 to 14 approximately.

Point Blank gives a 50% more damage bonus to projectiles if they travel less than 10 units, scaling down to 0% at 35 units (more distance applies a debuff up to 50% less damage).

With under 10 units distance, one projectile hits for 58.5k damage.

With 14 units distance (max distance with Concentrated Effect), one projectile hits for 55.5k damage

The melee hit is about 42.3k damage.

We have a 3.6 attacks per second.

So if we assume that all (7) the projectiles hit the target (Shaper), our dps in the worst case would be 3.6*(42.3+7*55.5) = 1550k dps, which is superior to the 1M Shaper dps in the title :)
What do you think about Loreweave? In PoB it gives about 20k DPS per projectile, but less life, less armor. Plus stats, mf and other buffs.
"
JamesDeGrizz wrote:
What do you think about Loreweave? In PoB it gives about 20k DPS per projectile, but less life, less armor. Plus stats, mf and other buffs.

I think that Loreweave is the best body armour for this build. You just need to adjust your resistances accordingly.

The Added Physical Damage + Increased Elemental Damage will highly boost the DPS (about 16% for perfect rolls). Usually, rings and amulets are the main sources of these modifiers. However, with two Kamo's Way rings,this is not possible.

The fixed max Elemental Resistances is also a huge boost for damage mitigation. Currently,my Elemental Damage Mitigation is about :
- Fire Damage Taken : 89%
- Cold Damage Taken : 86%
- Lightning Damage Taken : 86%

with Loreweave, it becomes :
- Fire Damage Taken : 90%
- Cold Damage Taken : 89%
- Lightning Damage Taken : 89%

That means that even if we lose about 2% of our maximum life (less than 200 HP), we will be able to better mitigate elemental damage. That also means that we will take less degen from Nebuloch (80% max res all the time) and have a higher net life regen even with the loss of maximum HP.

That also means that we can now use the remaining flask slot for a dps boost flask or a Granite/Basalt Flask to further increase our Physical Damage Mitigation. I used to use elemental flasks according to the damage dealt by the boss, but with Loreweave, our max resistance cannot be increased so these falsks become useless.

In addition, Loreweave will decrease the defensive advantage that has the Juggernaut over the Chieftain.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Mar 23, 2018, 11:19:17 AM
BUILD UPDATE:

New items:

- Loreweave : better dps and defences
- Belt with +1 to maximum Endurance Charges : better dps and defences
- Amulet with "gain % of phys damage as extra fire damage" : better dps
- Abyssus with +3 molten strike projectiles : huge dps boost.
- Basalt flask : better physical damage mitigation (downside of Abyssus)
- Brinerot Flag + Voll's Devotion : free endurance charge generation before shaper/elder fights (with cold snap). If you have enough Intellingence (212) you can also use Tulfall for free frenzy charges.
- I also corrupted my old Nebuloch maces for the 30% quality (free because I already had the beasts, otherwise, it's about 20c)

New links:

- Replaced Endurance charge on melee stun with Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support. This was not good before because we lacked physical damage, however, PPAD is now better with Abyssus.

Passive tree + jewels:

-Replaced some physical damage nodes and jewels with attack speed mods for better mobility.

Build upgrade cost :

- Loreweave (6l 80% max res good rolls) : 7 ex
- Abyssus (+3 molten projectiles / 40 increased phys damage taken) : 2 ex
- Elder amulet (% of phys as extra fire) : < 1 ex
- Belt (+1 endurance charge good life resistances and WED) : 1 ex
- Voll's devotion + Brinerot Flag + Basalt flask + cold snap + jewels: < 1 ex
=> total = 12 ex

Stats after upgrade :
- Damage: 250% MORE dps. I had about 1.6M shaper dps. Now I'm at 4M shaped dps.
- Defences: life from 7200 down to 6700. But damage mitigation is now better (91% Fire damage mitigation, 90% for cold and lightning damage, 72% physical damage mitigation against shaped slam = 17000 physical damage => 4700 taken)

I have already done shaper with my old gear. I'm looking to defeat Uber elder now :)
PoB with new gear and jewels (lvl 95):

https://pastebin.com/RX2fx0j0

Total build cost :

13-14 ex

Shaper/Elder dps :

> 4 million dps

Damage mitigation :

- physical : 90% (about 72% against shaper slam)
- fire : 91%
- cold : 90%
- lightning : 90%
- chaos : 54% (depending on chaos res on gear)

Tanked shaper slam. Tanked Atziri double flameblast.
Hey! First of all ty for your build! I'm lvl 92 right now and it's really funny!

But I fell I'm stuck right now... I've completed all maps up to T15,killed yellow elder and atziri. Now i'm trying to kill the 4 shaper guardian in t16 maps but i can't... Minotaur and fenix always destroy me... I can't understand what i'm missing... I feel really squishy

Can you take a look at my build and give some advice?

Ty very much!

"
justino wrote:
Hey! First of all ty for your build! I'm lvl 92 right now and it's really funny!

But I fell I'm stuck right now... I've completed all maps up to T15,killed yellow elder and atziri. Now i'm trying to kill the 4 shaper guardian in t16 maps but i can't... Minotaur and fenix always destroy me... I can't understand what i'm missing... I feel really squishy

Can you take a look at my build and give some advice?

Ty very much!

Hey! I'm glad you're enjoying the build!

Your build looks good. You can replace your jewels with new one with life/attack speed/Mace phys damage (1-20c each). Increased fire damage is not the best option for this build. Also, if you can sustain endurance charges with enduring cry (you have just to learn to use it every 15s or so), you can use physical projectile damage support instead of ECMS. You can also replace the dexterity node with the strenght node (duelist area, connected to jewel socket) for more life and damage.

Before I upgraded my gear, phoenix guardian was the toughest fight because he applies -1% max fire res whenever you lower his life by 10%. This effect is permanent until he dies. He also applies a -50% fire res on hit with his firebomb which has very hight damage. And because all of his damage is fire damage, it hurts alot.
Now, because I'm wearing Loreweave, I'm always at 80% fire res, so his debuff will not hurt me. Also, using 2 Nebuloch maces and Arctic armor (while stationary) in addition to fortify should lower the damage you take from this guardian. If you cannot afford a 6l Loreweave, you can use a ruby flask. Also, if you can min max your resistances, you can use The wise oak flask for less elemental damage taken.

For minautor, you should be fight. You just need to use your flasks wisely. I just jump in and tank everything. Don't touch a lightning wall because it applies a debuff that reduces attack speed, cast speed and movement speed. It also shocks and deals lightning damage over time. Like always, arctic armour + fortify and a Granite flask.

You can also watch some videos about these fights to better understand them. I hope this was helpful. Thank you and good luck!

Edit: I think you are missing some passive skill points from quests (2). Type /passives ingame and see what quests you should do.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Apr 22, 2018, 5:29:37 PM
WooW, Super answer!

TY Very much!

The 2 missing point are from the bandit quest, changed build at some point and i've already helped someone :D need to respec!

Just anotrher quick question: your ele resistance are not capped without EC up right?

TY again.

Luca
"
justino wrote:
WooW, Super answer!

TY Very much!

The 2 missing point are from the bandit quest, changed build at some point and i've already helped someone :D need to respec!

Just anotrher quick question: your ele resistance are not capped without EC up right?

TY again.

Luca

My elemental resistances are capped without EC and flasks:

with Loreweave (80%) and the -60% resistances from finishing the storymode, I need at least 140% of each resistance to be capped

-Fire resistance : 100% from Ramaku (ascendancy point), 14% from tree (+3% and +3% all res ; +8% to fire res), 10% from amulet (all res), 19% from 2 jewels (+9% and +10% all res) => total = 143% fire resistance.

-Cold resistance : 6% from tree (+6% all res ), 23% from gloves, 55% from amulet (+45% cold res and +10 all res), 20% from belt, 39% from 4 jewels (2*+10% cold and ligntning res ; +10% and +9% all res) => total = 143% cold resistance.

-Lightning resistance : 6% from tree (+6% all res ), 44% from gloves, 10% from amulet (+10 all res), 44% from belt, 39% from 4 jewels (2*+10% cold and ligntning res ; +10% and +9% all res) => total = 143% lightning resistance.

I am getting alot of resistances from jewels because I'm using 7 unique items which have no resistances on them.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Apr 23, 2018, 5:04:59 PM
Oh, I've missed some res on tree while looking... Ty!

I've also updated my gear like you've done. When I come home from work I'll try some fight!

Again great build!!
Ty!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info