[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Amare wrote:

I was looking for Belts +1 EC and i have question:

- XX% increased Global Physical Damage
- XX% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

Will this mods increase my damage also?

Yes. To check if any thing would change your stats, oppen PoB and craft an item with that thing.

"
Amare wrote:

I was looking for Belts +1 EC and i have question:

- XX% increased Global Physical Damage
- XX% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

Will this mods increase my damage also?

Next things is about Resistance. When i will remove RARE rings and replace them with Kaom`s will loose a lot of Resistances - how to achieve them? I have like 3-4 slots in Tree - 2 of the are Wildfire jewels. You mention Lorewave with max res higher - but how to obtain them with so many uniques which are not giving res to much.

I have already answered this question.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

My elemental resistances are capped without EC and flasks:

with Loreweave (80%) and the -60% resistances from finishing the storymode, I need at least 140% of each resistance to be capped

-Fire resistance : 100% from Ramaku (ascendancy point), 14% from tree (+3% and +3% all res ; +8% to fire res), 10% from amulet (all res), 19% from 2 jewels (+9% and +10% all res) => total = 143% fire resistance.

-Cold resistance : 6% from tree (+6% all res ), 23% from gloves, 55% from amulet (+45% cold res and +10 all res), 20% from belt, 39% from 4 jewels (2*+10% cold and ligntning res ; +10% and +9% all res) => total = 143% cold resistance.

-Lightning resistance : 6% from tree (+6% all res ), 44% from gloves, 10% from amulet (+10 all res), 44% from belt, 39% from 4 jewels (2*+10% cold and ligntning res ; +10% and +9% all res) => total = 143% lightning resistance.

I am getting alot of resistances from jewels because I'm using 7 unique items which have no resistances on them.
Why do you use resolute technique where you got abyss?
"
Zeusgood wrote:
Why do you use resolute technique where you got abyss?

I haven`t thought about it but this is quite good question :)
In Game nick - Amarinho
i think the possibility to use crit build with this might have greater dps and thats why this might be cool with jugger accuracy & extra reduction bonus.
"
Zeusgood wrote:
i think the possibility to use crit build with this might have greater dps and thats why this might be cool with jugger accuracy & extra reduction bonus.

Juggernaut can never have higher dps than Chieftain with this build. There are some problems with Juggernaut :
- we use many unique items with no resistance => Chieftain gives free %100 fire resistane => easier items acquisition
- Chieftain gives free 50% fire convertion => no need for Avatar of Fire => less points spent on tree or less money spent for Xoph's Blood
- the Juggernaut version has 30-40 LESS damage than the Chieftain version

Also, a crit version of this build would be very inefficient :
- Nebuloch has low crit chance (5%) => heavy investment in crit chance is needed
- Many unique items with no crit chance => how will you get an acceptable crit chance?
- can't sacrifice passive tree points for crit chance/multi

====> A crit version of this build cannot be efficient and is not woth the investment
Last edited by fjtheknight on May 8, 2018, 11:26:53 AM
Well then if we keep on Nebuloch and use Resolute Tech, its irrelavent to use abyss because of its cons. Especially in comparison with shaped helmets which have 2 support gems will even able to make you change body armour with Kaom's heart

For comparison, on jugg if you decide to use grelwood shank setup, Undeniable + Unyielding have more dps than this.
"
Zeusgood wrote:
Well then if we keep on Nebuloch and use Resolute Tech, its irrelavent to use abyss because of its cons. Especially in comparison with shaped helmets which have 2 support gems will even able to make you change body armour with Kaom's heart

Look. You shoud understand how Nebuloch works. It has an ok phys dps (increased by endurance charges), and additional % of physical as fire (up to 40% per Nebuloch). So we must increase our EC number and our phys dmg in order to get higher dps.

Abyssus has little cons for this build, but great pros :
- 12-15% more dps (from its 40-60 physical damage, that is further increased with Nebuloch and elder amulet with % gained as extra fire dmg)
- free attributes => free passive tree points + less expensive gear
- price : 2 ex for Abyssus with the +3 projectiles enchant

You suggested that we use shaper/elder helmet for 2 support gems. What are these support gems? The only affix that is usefull for molten strike is conc effect + area damage on elder helmet. The only other case that a helmet would be usefull for this build is a horror crafted helmet with the 30% more elemental damage.

Now, an essence crafted elder helmet with conc effect and more ele dmg will result in 16% less damage than Abyssus (+ the loss of the free attributes). Such a helmet costs at least 8 exalts (only these two stats, no good life or resistances rolls). Not to mention the cost to enchant it.

Kaom's heart is alsot a net offence and defence loss. Replacing Loreweave with Kaom's heart will result in:
- 8-10% less damage
- less attributes
- +1500 life
- +100 life regen

The only good thing about kaom's heart is the net life regen. You could wonder why +1500 life is not good. With Loreweave, we can reach 90% physical/cold/light/fire/chaos damage mitigation. With Kaom's heart, it is only 87%.

Now, with Loreweave, I have about 7200 hp. So, in order to die, I need to receive a hit of 7200/10% = 72000 damage.
With Kaom's heart, I have about 8700 hp. So, in order to die, I need to receive a hit of 8700/13% = 67000 damage.

As you can see, Loreweave will keep you alive against a hit of 70000 damag, while with kaom's heart, you will certainly die.

So, Abyssus with enchant + 6l 80% max res Loreweave : 5 exalts
Elder helmet with enchant with Kaom's heart with 25% less damage and 3% less mitigation (which is in real 33% less mitigation) : 12 ex

Tell me which setup would you choose :)

"
Zeusgood wrote:
For comparison, on jugg if you decide to use grelwood shank setup, Undeniable + Unyielding have more dps than this.

A PoB link please? I suggested Grelwood for people who found mapping a little bit slow. But now, I changed my tree and jewels (more attack speed) and mapping feels so smooth. Also, I'm using Nebuloch not only for dps, but also for damage mitigation, which Grelwood cannot afford.
Last edited by fjtheknight on May 9, 2018, 12:06:14 PM
Im liking this so far, but im having mana problems, any idea?
"
Jenova798 wrote:

Honestly, I have not figured out where your mana problems come from. We have almost the same unreserved mana (same %). Your mana leech cap and skill mana cost are even better than mine. My attack speed is also higher than yours so I should need more mana than you but I have never had mana issues even in maps with no regen.

Are your mana problems always occuring? only in maps? only in bosses?

This build relies on mana leech to sustain mana. Maps with no leech are hard to do, but doable. I have about double your mana regen (25/s) which is about 1 attack per second in non leech maps.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Jenova798 wrote:

Honestly, I have not figured out where your mana problems come from. We have almost the same unreserved mana (same %). Your mana leech cap and skill mana cost are even better than mine. My attack speed is also higher than yours so I should need more mana than you but I have never had mana issues even in maps with no regen.

Are your mana problems always occuring? only in maps? only in bosses?

This build relies on mana leech to sustain mana. Maps with no leech are hard to do, but doable. I have about double your mana regen (25/s) which is about 1 attack per second in non leech maps.

I made the post before getting the 0.5 mana leech node, now everything is working perfect and im loving the build, had a lot of troubles getting all the res capped tho, had to take some nodes for that.
Last edited by Jenova798 on May 11, 2018, 8:41:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info