[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Jenova798 wrote:

I made the post before getting the 0.5 mana leech node, now everything is working perfect and im loving the build, had a lot of troubles getting all the res capped tho, had to take some nodes for that.

I think you should better get more jewel sockets and use jewels to cap your resistances. You can actually despec Fury Bolts (projectile damage, duelist area), Expertise (+30 dexterity, between marauder and templar) and the resistance nodes you took (marauder area) and use these points to get 2 more jewel sockets. Buy some jewels with resistances, life and attack speed if possible. Attack speed makes the build more enjoyable. You can also quality blood rage for more attack speed and use lightning golem.

Abyssus with +3 porjectiles is a huge damage gain. It gives also attributes so you can despec later the +30 intelligence node with a high attributes Loreweave.

Also, if you are willing to do uber elder, I recommand replacing ECMS with physical projectile damage. But for mapping ECMS is the best way to sustain ECs. This will boost your balls damage by about 18%. If you don't bother maxing your dps, ECMS is really enough for Uber elder too if you upgrade your gear as I did. I have actually defeated Uber elder with ancestral call equipped instead of fire pen.
Last edited by fjtheknight on May 11, 2018, 10:57:05 AM
Hello! I was planning to play Ground Slam Jugg with endurance charges in 3.3 and was looking up some items and found Nebuloch. Then, I stumbled upon your build during my research and I found lots of interesting mechanics here. I really wanna go dual nebuloch with this because of the global phys modifiers with endurance charges.

I don't wanna go full fire conversion that's why I'm going to play Jugg instead of Chieftain. If u wanna give me some feedback here is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/2QK1bJBj. (items are not "final", i'm still working around which uniques to use and how to fight the degen/stack resistances late on the game).

I really believe Jugg would be better for my build. If you come to the conclusion full chieftain conversion will be better, can you adapt the tree and send me a pastebin, please? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
"
6230374 wrote:
Hello! I was planning to play Ground Slam Jugg with endurance charges in 3.3 and was looking up some items and found Nebuloch. Then, I stumbled upon your build during my research and I found lots of interesting mechanics here. I really wanna go dual nebuloch with this because of the global phys modifiers with endurance charges.

I don't wanna go full fire conversion that's why I'm going to play Jugg instead of Chieftain. If u wanna give me some feedback here is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/2QK1bJBj. (items are not "final", i'm still working around which uniques to use and how to fight the degen/stack resistances late on the game).

I really believe Jugg would be better for my build. If you come to the conclusion full chieftain conversion will be better, can you adapt the tree and send me a pastebin, please? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Thank you for your interest.

Honestly, I think that Chieftain is always better if you want to play Nebuloch, even without full conversion.

I tried my best to craft GS builds for Nebuloch with Chieftain and Juggernaut:

Full fire conversion Chieftain:
https://pastebin.com/9rmWirDL
480k Shaper DPS

Juggernaut with no conversion:
https://pastebin.com/Wz6J9iHd
280k Shaper DPS

I thin that to build around Nebuloch, there are some essential interactions to consider:

- The fire degen when hit: this is basically the most problematic thing. For that, we need the maximum fire mitigation = max max fire res, and the maximum life regeneration = max life * % life regen. Loreweave with 80% max fire feels like cheating and I think it is essential especially if you want to play juggernaut because he has less life regen compared to CHieftain

- The gained fire damage based on physical damage: this means that we need to increase our max endurance charges (kaom's ways, belt corruption, tree...) to gain more physical damage from Nebuloch unique affix, and get as much as we can flat phys (Abyssus!!!, loreweave...).

As I said before, Cheftain is the best overall if you want to play Nebuloch (leech, regen, damage, easier item aquisition!!!...)

I took a look at your build. I haven't played Juggernaut before, but I think that immortal call is bad if your damage relies on endurance chartges. You already have enough phys dmg mitigation with EC and armour. I don't know if jugg can regain EC fast after losing them.

Also, Taste of Hate is not worth its price if you play nebuloch, because most of the damage comes from the extra fire damage and not from the base phys damage

For links, added fire damage is not very good (same explanation as taste of hate). Use these instead:
GS-conc effect(increased area if mapping)-melee phys-ruthless-multistrike-maim

If you really want to play juggernaut, maybe you should use nebuloch as an off hand and not dual wield them? becauze ground slam only uses main hand weapon. This will limit your damage, but will also limit the degen and make it easier to play.

I hope this helps you. Thank you!
While designing the build, did you try to take advantage of the Ramako, Sun'S Light notable ascendancy passive and found it ineffective? I realize the build right now cannot ignite so it won't work, but it seems you are giving up an easy source of endurance charges with that decision.
Last edited by Mastruq on May 27, 2018, 3:59:19 PM
"
Mastruq wrote:
While designing the build, did you try to take advantage of the Ramako, Sun'S Light notable ascendancy passive and found it ineffective? I realize the build right now cannot ignite so it won't work, but it seems you are giving up an easy source of endurance charges with that decision.

Do you mean Tawhoa, Forest's Strength?

"When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 20% chance for you and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge"

This is in fact my main source of endurance charges. I cannot inflict burning on ennemies with molten strike because of elemental focus. However, herald of ashe can : "when an enemy is killed, enemies within a radius from the killed enemy are burned based on the overkill damage".

In maps, after the first 1-2 monster packs I am already at full maximum charges and this is du to the synergy between Herald of Ashe and Tawhoa, Forest's Strength.

"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
6230374 wrote:

Thanks

Thank you for your interest.

Honestly, I think that Chieftain is always better if you want to play Nebuloch, even without full conversion.

I tried my best to craft GS builds for Nebuloch with Chieftain and Juggernaut:

Full fire conversion Chieftain:
https://pastebin.com/9rmWirDL
480k Shaper DPS

Juggernaut with no conversion:
https://pastebin.com/Wz6J9iHd
280k Shaper DPS

I thin that to build around Nebuloch, there are some essential interactions to consider:

- The fire degen when hit: this is basically the most problematic thing. For that, we need the maximum fire mitigation = max max fire res, and the maximum life regeneration = max life * % life regen. Loreweave with 80% max fire feels like cheating and I think it is essential especially if you want to play juggernaut because he has less life regen compared to CHieftain

- The gained fire damage based on physical damage: this means that we need to increase our max endurance charges (kaom's ways, belt corruption, tree...) to gain more physical damage from Nebuloch unique affix, and get as much as we can flat phys (Abyssus!!!, loreweave...).

As I said before, Cheftain is the best overall if you want to play Nebuloch (leech, regen, damage, easier item aquisition!!!...)

I took a look at your build. I haven't played Juggernaut before, but I think that immortal call is bad if your damage relies on endurance chartges. You already have enough phys dmg mitigation with EC and armour. I don't know if jugg can regain EC fast after losing them.

Also, Taste of Hate is not worth its price if you play nebuloch, because most of the damage comes from the extra fire damage and not from the base phys damage

For links, added fire damage is not very good (same explanation as taste of hate). Use these instead:
GS-conc effect(increased area if mapping)-melee phys-ruthless-multistrike-maim

If you really want to play juggernaut, maybe you should use nebuloch as an off hand and not dual wield them? becauze ground slam only uses main hand weapon. This will limit your damage, but will also limit the degen and make it easier to play.

I hope this helps you. Thank you!

First of all, thank you so much for the detailed fast answer & for taking effort putting up the trees for me.

Well, that was stupid of me to say I didn't want to play full conversion and/or Chieftain. Sometimes I am biased towards a few playstyles that simply don't result in a good thing. Dunno why that happens with my brain.

Even before your response, I messed aroud with PoB and realized how amazing Chieftain is with Nebuloch... it is WAY better than Juggernaut to battle the degen. So I decided (the numbers decided for me, lel) that i'm going full fire conversion ground slam Jugg.

In the meantime of my question-your response, I put up a tree that is VERY similar to the one you sent me, but has a little bit less dps 'cause I tried to stay humble with a few things. For example: didn't put a +1 end belt, Xoph's blood (so I went all the way up with the tree to get avatar of fire), and also didn't use those op gloves. DPS is a lil bit less than the one you sent, but i'm planning to respec out those avatar points later after I get Xoph's blood, which honestly I don't know when will happen. Another reason I kept myself from putting those gloves/belt/etc is that I will have to juggle around with gear to balance my resistances.

Also, I am aware the regen is showing -25 but that will have a easy work around when I'm actually playing the game so I'm not concerned about it. Just gonna transition to dual nebuloch when it feels smooth.

If you wanna take a look at my humble tree and point something I could have missed: https://pastebin.com/6PyCUGTb

Thank you again for your help. :D
Last edited by 6230374 on May 28, 2018, 1:52:37 PM
hi, thanks for this build, I think I'll use this in the next legue...

I think I will use this progression order:

Char Level 17: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.4/AAAABAEAARQgPfxQR1hjXz9nm3KpfNmMz64-xFjE9sauxtjkUe8O9kj3Mg==

Char level 25: need int and dex points for gems, I'll remove this when I can afford armor or helm (XX all attributes each), 2 points in str to use wildfire jewels https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.4/AAAABAEAARQgFHE8LT38UEdYY18_Z5toZXKpfNl99YNfg8yMz64-tz7EFcRYxPbGrsbY5FHqGO8O8932SPcy-Os=

Actually, lev 25 without dying, so I was thinking to build some damage with "Strong Arm" and "Retribution"

And then I was thinking about "Iron Grip" (currently I have this talent using the unique gloves "Giantsbane"), "Point Blank", "Ambidexterity", "Master Of The Arena" (I think in this order)
And only then fill all the life/armor/Endurance/Jewel points.

Some advice?

For mana problems currently I'm using 2 "Doedre's Damnings" rings.
I will switch to "Thief's Torment" at lev 30.
Since I don't see any mana talent, how do you resolve the mana problem on higher levels?

"Do not dual wield Nebuloch until you are confident you can regenerate enough life"
What would you use? one nebuloch and one Brightbeak?

And how do you feel with uber lab and trap damage? is it easy doable?

Thanks for your efforts!
Last edited by C4mma on May 29, 2018, 11:28:40 AM
"
6230374 wrote:

First of all, thank you so much for the detailed fast answer & for taking effort putting up the trees for me.

Well, that was stupid of me to say I didn't want to play full conversion and/or Chieftain. Sometimes I am biased towards a few playstyles that simply don't result in a good thing. Dunno why that happens with my brain.

Even before your response, I messed aroud with PoB and realized how amazing Chieftain is with Nebuloch... it is WAY better than Juggernaut to battle the degen. So I decided (the numbers decided for me, lel) that i'm going full fire conversion ground slam Jugg.

In the meantime of my question-your response, I put up a tree that is VERY similar to the one you sent me, but has a little bit less dps 'cause I tried to stay humble with a few things. For example: didn't put a +1 end belt, Xoph's blood (so I went all the way up with the tree to get avatar of fire), and also didn't use those op gloves. DPS is a lil bit less than the one you sent, but i'm planning to respec out those avatar points later after I get Xoph's blood, which honestly I don't know when will happen. Another reason I kept myself from putting those gloves/belt/etc is that I will have to juggle around with gear to balance my resistances.

Also, I am aware the regen is showing -25 but that will have a easy work around when I'm actually playing the game so I'm not concerned about it. Just gonna transition to dual nebuloch when it feels smooth.

If you wanna take a look at my humble tree and point something I could have missed: https://pastebin.com/6PyCUGTb

Thank you again for your help. :D

That should be enough for shaper. I did shaper with about 200c gear, no loreweave, no abyssus, no elder amulet and no +1 EC belt. 1/3 of my current damage. Final gear for uber elder was about 12 exalts mid league.

When you decide to upgrade your gear, you can use better gloves with life after completing the "less shock effext/duration" pantheon. Getting more life will make it easier to do less regen maps. I can even do no regen maps (leech is enough, somtimes I use life gain on hit).

Alos, nebuloch feels a little bit slow so I took many attack speed passives/jewels. You took stun threshold passives. I think you want to get more tanky with stun, but if you find you are slow (leap slam especially), you can replace these points with attack speed (near life weel)

Keep me updated with your progression and have fun :)

"
C4mma wrote:
hi, thanks for this build, I think I'll use this in the next legue...

I think I will use this progression order:

Char Level 17: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.4/AAAABAEAARQgPfxQR1hjXz9nm3KpfNmMz64-xFjE9sauxtjkUe8O9kj3Mg==

Char level 25: need int and dex points for gems, I'll remove this when I can afford armor or helm (XX all attributes each), 2 points in str to use wildfire jewels https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.4/AAAABAEAARQgFHE8LT38UEdYY18_Z5toZXKpfNl99YNfg8yMz64-tz7EFcRYxPbGrsbY5FHqGO8O8932SPcy-Os=

Actually, lev 25 without dying, so I was thinking to build some damage with "Strong Arm" and "Retribution"

And then I was thinking about "Iron Grip" (currently I have this talent using the unique gloves "Giantsbane"), "Point Blank", "Ambidexterity", "Master Of The Arena" (I think in this order)
And only then fill all the life/armor/Endurance/Jewel points.

Some advice?

Honestly I didn't keep track of how i leveled the character. In addition, I made many changes to the tree to get the final build. But I think that's good.

In general, what I play the game and see if I feel safe in current location/act/map, I take more damage nodes. However, if I have more than enough damage for current content, I take more defences (life). Your resistances should be at least half capped I think before act 8, not sure :D .

For this build, endurance charges are offence and defence => when you do merc lab (20% EC chance per killed ignited enemy), grab them all

"
C4mma wrote:

For mana problems currently I'm using 2 "Doedre's Damnings" rings.
I will switch to "Thief's Torment" at lev 30.
Since I don't see any mana talent, how do you resolve the mana problem on higher levels?

I took one life and mana leech (duelist area). That's eough. Even for maps with no leech, I just jump in and attack once, my regen is enough.

"
C4mma wrote:

"Do not dual wield Nebuloch until you are confident you can regenerate enough life"
What would you use? one nebuloch and one Brightbeak?

And how do you feel with uber lab and trap damage? is it easy doable?

Thanks for your efforts!

Uber lab is Uber easy. Traps deal no damage. Just swap weapons to reove degen from nebuloch and only use them for Izaro. You know, I have about 34% life regen :D

I think that grelwood shank is better than brightbeak => more damage (adds many projectiles and has greater dps and doesn't interfere with the wise oak). Make sure to use it as a main hand because leap slam uses main hand weapon and nebuloch is way slower than grelwood shank.

Great build which I will be using for the 3.3. But can you add the leveling build tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info