[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Psyker wrote:
pls update the tree. ty, awesome build

Hi there! I don't think they changed anything related to the current tree. Did you find any interesting changes?
"
First off thank you for taking the time to work on such an in-depth guide, this build looks pretty sick. I been looking over it most of the morning and I'd like to give it a go as a league starter on XBone. That being said, I had a couple quick questions.
1) New to Marauder, how is the leveling and what are your priority links for leveling MS?
2) What gear should I be grabbing early on to get MS "feeling good" before I can get what I need to run Nebuloch? I know Kaom's Way is gonna be a stretch the first week or two. (Trade is pretty dry in XBone, especially early on.)
3) Any major tree changes with the coming 3.4 patch?

Again thank you foe the really cool build idea, looking forward to testing it out!

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my guide :)

1- The leveling should be easy. You just need to get Resolute Technique as quickly as possible. Take some life nodes and some damage nodes. For Molten Strike, you will need Ancestral Call (level 4), and then Elemental Damage with Attacks, Elemental Focus (4th link) /EC on melee stun/Conc effect (5th-6th link, just level them till you get enough sockets) at level 18.

2- I just looked for any cheap unique available to level with (I look for a new items every new act usually). I am not used to racing so I have no idea if this is the best way to level a character. Overall MS with AC feels very solid to use with any good unique. EDIT: Also, with the degen nerf of Nebuloch (fromm 400 to 200 fire damage per EC), using Kaom's Sign should be enough at first.

3- I haven't found any changes to the tree, but maybe I missed something.

You can also use Sunder at first but I don't know how the new changes will affect its levelling potential

"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Dogahan wrote:
Thanks for the leveling update :) ! One question, you said we could use sunder for leveling. Is that because molten strike is bad for leveling? If so can you suggest a 6 link setup for sunder in order of importance?

Not anymore. >ith Ancestral call, you can use any skill you want to level with (ms, cleave...). MS with ancestral call can be even better than sunder. I just suggested it because some players prefer sunder early game and are used to leveling with it. I leveled with ms and it was good enough (I mean I do not level too fast so I can't tell which one is truely better)

Here is a quick guide for leveling with sunder (thank you /silkysnow_):

If you level with sunder and because its support gems are different from those of molten strike, be sure to level your ms build gems or you can just buy them when you decide to switch to ms.

If you decide to play sunder with this build, you should convert the remaining 50% phys to fire with avatar of fire (passive tree or xoph's blood) and tweak the passive tree a little bit (remove iren grip and point blank and take some area nodes).

Hope that helps you!

EDIT2: Xanthochroid suggested using Double Strike for leveling.

"
Xanthochroid wrote:
Double Strike in its current state is far better for leveling than Molten Strike. I would highly suggest running Double Strike, Ancestral Call, Melee Splash, Chance to Bleed as early as possible, and then getting multi strike later on, as it's downright overpowered when leveling. Double Strike works for all weapon types as well, and is a main-hand only attack which means statsticks can be used no problem.

Mainhand: Literally any high pDPS 1 handers (sword, mace, axe, dagger, claw)

Offhand: The Princess or Tempestuous Steel

Gem Setup: Double Strike, Multi-Strike, Ancestral Call, Melee Splash, Chance to Bleed, Melee Physical,

For Bosses: Double Strike, Multi-Strike, Chance to Bleed, Melee Physical, Elemental Damage With Attacks, Ruthless

From a guy that just leveled with this setup, and has run quite a few MS builds in the past, DS is definitely the way to level. It's just so much better all the way into early maps, and especially before you get all of your extra Molten Strike projectiles and Nebulochs.

Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 3, 2018, 8:18:50 AM
Still saving up for my 1st Nebuloch.

Build is doing pretty OK, but the clear is a bit slow and inconsistent as of current, so I've had to resort to using Multi strike for clear to get more consistent pack kills. Since I'm planning on using a high APS weapon for mainhand clear anyway, I might just continue using it for quality of life, and swapping gems for bosses (which we already do anyway).

Also, Double Strike in its current state is far better for leveling than Molten Strike. I would highly suggest running Double Strike, Ancestral Call, Melee Splash, Chance to Bleed as early as possible, and then getting multi strike later on, as it's downright overpowered when leveling. Double Strike works for all weapon types as well, and is a main-hand only attack which means statsticks can be used no problem.

Gem Setup: Double Strike, Multi-Strike, Ancestral Call, Melee Splash, Chance to Bleed, Melee Physical,

For Bosses: Double Strike, Multi-Strike, Chance to Bleed, Melee Physical, Elemental Damage With Attacks, Ruthless

From a guy that just leveled with this setup, and has run quite a few MS builds in the past, DS is definitely the way to level. It's just so much better all the way into early maps, and especially before you get all of your extra Molten Strike projectiles and Nebulochs.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Sep 3, 2018, 1:04:53 AM
Why not oak for bandit?
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
Still saving up for my 1st Nebuloch.

Build is doing pretty OK, but the clear is a bit slow and inconsistent as of current, so I've had to resort to using Multi strike for clear to get more consistent pack kills. Since I'm planning on using a high APS weapon for mainhand clear anyway, I might just continue using it for quality of life, and swapping gems for bosses (which we already do anyway).

Also, Double Strike in its current state is far better for leveling than Molten Strike. I would highly suggest running Double Strike, Ancestral Call, Melee Splash, Chance to Bleed as early as possible, and then getting multi strike later on, as it's downright overpowered when leveling. Double Strike works for all weapon types as well, and is a main-hand only attack which means statsticks can be used no problem.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I used Grelwood Shank as main hand till I had enough AS for Nebuloch to feel smooth. It's almost the same damage, but less tanky. Nebuloch may seem slow also, but I usually jump in a monster pack, attack once and move to the next one (no need for multistrike), but if you prefer multistrike you can use it for sure
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 3, 2018, 8:20:25 AM
"
Helwïn wrote:
Why not oak for bandit?

Hello there! I found it to be not efficient. I planned to reach lvl 95 with this character, and to affort enough passive tree points for my tree I had to get those extra 2 points. Also, the most/only significant stat that helping Oak gives is the 1% life regen, though we can get more than that with 2 points on the current tree (0.8% marauder area+ 0.4% templar area).
Hello,
I'm progressing with your build in delve, really funny, good job dude!

I levelled with brigthbeak and multistrike just for QoL.

I was thinking about using impresence for flammability mana reservation adding haste as aura to boost attack speed, do you think that could be a good choice?

also, what you about immolate support?
Last edited by Kalenji87 on Sep 3, 2018, 3:38:49 PM
"
Kalenji87 wrote:
Hello,
I'm progressing with your build in delve, really funny, good job dude!

I levelled with brigthbeak and multistrike just for QoL.

I was thinking about using impresence for flammability mana reservation adding haste as aura to boost attack speed, do you think that could be a good choice?

also, what you about immolate support?

Hi, I'm happy you're enjoying the build.

- Haste has 50% mana reservation, while Flammability + Blasphemy has 35% MR, so we can not use Haste + AA + HoA. Damage wise, a good elder amulet with 16-20% of phys dmg gained as fire dmg is better than the best rolled Impresence + haste (about 7% more dmg)

- This build gains damage from stacking flat physical damage and not fire damage, so immolate wont help a lot. Also, ennemies should be burning for Immolate to work, or with Elemental focus, "Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments"
Hello,

Thanks for the build !

Do you think it's too rippy to take Abyssus in HC?
Or the mitigation of the build is good enough to handle it?

Many thanks !
"
Zagumar wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the build !

Do you think it's too rippy to take Abyssus in HC?
Or the mitigation of the build is good enough to handle it?

Many thanks !

Hello !

I tank shaper slams without problems (half my HP approximately)
However, Elder degen might be a problem sometimes, but with the debuff to Nebuloch degen i think that it should be OK now.
There are some players that have beaten Uber Elder without Abyssus so you can play safe and use a rare or Deidbellow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info