6 Years Deep and quitting.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

GGG is clueless way they nerf. way overboard. Like CoC and Discharge. Cant even use it now for end game bosses. Those were fun builds.

And that's the heart of the issue right? They just don't know how to adjust items and skills without ruining them (or they do it intentionally to push newly released skills).
"
I wholeheartedly agree about the problem with trying to "balance" a pve game which used to be about creative builds. There is no reason to nerf so heavily. GGG has lost sight of their original design.

I doubt I'll ever quit though, as the game is still enjoyable. I'll never give them money again though after the way they handled bestiary, however.

I was already on the fence after they patch after patch ruined builds, but this past 2 weeks sealed it for me. The necromancy net poll was when they jumped the shark I think. They should be embarrassed.

I fully agree.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

GGG is clueless way they nerf. way overboard. Like CoC and Discharge. Cant even use it now for end game bosses. Those were fun builds.

And that's the heart of the issue right? They just don't know how to adjust items and skills without ruining them (or they do it intentionally to push newly released skills).

I remember in Open Beta when they promised private channels to run self-made leagues/campaign/content. You could tweak your own drops, items, etc.... a custom story mode if you will.

5 years later............................................
~Totes Adorbs.
Last edited by Totes_Adorbs on Mar 13, 2018, 11:27:34 AM
See you in June.
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
mrtournevis wrote:
PVP ON HACK'N'SLASH GAMES ROFLMAO, what kind of nerd are playing this mode ?

And diablo pvp was the best pvp ever.

OMEGALUL
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
mrtournevis wrote:
PVP ON HACK'N'SLASH GAMES ROFLMAO, what kind of nerd are playing this mode ?

And diablo pvp was the best pvp ever.

OMEGALUL

Best PVP is Divinity Original Sin 2
~Totes Adorbs.
But... but if you quit now after being in since CB you are "letting the Wookie win". GGG will make changes of nerfs and buffs each and every patch. After 6 years this should be zero surprise. If your working build suddenly becomes unplayable/non-viable after a patch then it should be viewed as an "ok, what do I need to do to make my build viable again". I had a level 89 CWC Scorching Ray Firestorm Beserker that worked very well (albeit not fast at map clearing) in Abyss and then when I played it after patch 3.2.0 it was "what the fuck is constantly draining my life on ordinary mob packs?" After rereading Beserker changes I determined it was the new RAGE ascendancy mechanic. So I imported my build into PoB to preserve my passive tree layout, took the full respec, built out the tree again, and in the ascendancy avoided any nodes that activated Rage mechanism. Played the build in yellow/red maps and it was good to go again and now it's level 90. I didn't throw up my hands in disgust and swear "fuck this shit. I quit". You can do that if you want to but throwing in the towel now after 6 year in seems a little over-reacting to changes that come with every league.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
But... but if you quit now after being in since CB you are "letting the Wookie win". GGG will make changes of nerfs and buffs each and every patch. After 6 years this should be zero surprise. If your working build suddenly becomes unplayable/non-viable after a patch then it should be viewed as an "ok, what do I need to do to make my build viable again". I had a level 89 CWC Scorching Ray Firestorm Beserker that worked very well (albeit not fast at map clearing) in Abyss and then when I played it after patch 3.2.0 it was "what the fuck is constantly draining my life on ordinary mob packs?" After rereading Beserker changes I determined it was the new RAGE ascendancy mechanic. So I imported my build into PoB to preserve my passive tree layout, took the full respec, built out the tree again, and in the ascendancy avoided any nodes that activated Rage mechanism. Played the build in yellow/red maps and it was good to go again and now it's level 90. I didn't throw up my hands in disgust and swear "fuck this shit. I quit". You can do that if you want to but throwing in the towel now after 6 year in seems a little over-reacting to changes that come with every league.

I did the research, and yea I have my builds all pre-backed up on old PoB, while using new PoB to tweak. but Mana Leech isn't easy to get in the game, without using the terrible Mana Leech gem.
and I have stuff like this, but I dont like using either. Also, vink is a waste of a flask spot.
~Totes Adorbs.
"

Best PVP is Divinity Original Sin 2

I would say baldur s gate PVP was pretty fun
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Sims 4 PVP is the best

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info