[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Thanks, ill wait on the poets pen question b/c it looks like the OP is thinking its better off as;
VD+Support+Swap

Unearth+GMP+IC
Right now they are working fine for leaveling but when you guys figure out whats optimal ill change em around.

----

One other question for you guys who have been playing this for a bit.

After getting my Loreweave I can fit in 1 other unique and still maintain my resists and life, I was thinking Deaths Door boots but is there a specific unique helmet or glove that really compliments this build, im leveling it on standard so money isnt a problem, it can be anything.

Thank you.

If you're in standard I'd drop money on another set of pens and run one as map clear, one as single target.

Unearth - GMP - Immortal Call / VD - Conc Effect - Fire Pen for your Boss killer
Unearth - GMP - Swap / VD - Conc Effect - Immortal Call as your Map clearer.

If you're looking for upgrades check his friends profile (the one who he based the build guide on, AAATopshelf, he's the first reply to the thread), He's running Bubonic Plague boots for the 2 abyss slots, swapped his Belt for a Headhunter, looks like he's dropped the Essence worm ring to compensate for his lost Res and he's trying to get an Elder amulet, probably for the Fire Damage Leeched as life.

I don't know them though so this is just guess work.
What are sources life leech from spell damage in your build?
Thank you for the help so far.

What is a good option if you have a 6L, in the Op's PoB its a cremation setup but he mentions a frenzy 5L with curse on hit aswell.

Id be more intrested in a curse on hit setup personally to run a lv21 curse as opposed to a low level one for CWDT purposes.
Enjoying this a lot more than the Poet's Pen build I tried last league. Hiero seems perfect!

"
LightW2 wrote:
What are sources life leech from spell damage in your build?

The ascendancy node Illuminated Devotion gives 0.5% spell damage leeched as life while Arcane Surge is up (which is always after you get Arcane Blessing!)
Last edited by _Slabs_ on Mar 26, 2018, 9:34:18 AM
"
JCOH35 wrote:

What is a good option if you have a 6L, in the Op's PoB its a cremation setup but he mentions a frenzy 5L with curse on hit aswell.

Id be more intrested in a curse on hit setup personally to run a lv21 curse as opposed to a low level one for CWDT purposes.

You can really run whatever you want.
Frenzy -> faster attacks -> culling strike -> curse on hit ->curse -> GMP (or 2nd curse or whatnot). Is the curse on hit setup. Be aware that you have no accuracy, so you won't be cursing non-boss mobs much, they die too fast.
"
"
JCOH35 wrote:

You can really run whatever you want.
Frenzy -> faster attacks -> culling strike -> curse on hit ->curse -> GMP (or 2nd curse or whatnot). Is the curse on hit setup. Be aware that you have no accuracy, so you won't be cursing non-boss mobs much, they die too fast.

So it sounds like its better to just run a low lv curse on a CWDT with frost bomb like your guild mate and then use the 6L for cremation, if you get a moment can you tell me the optimal 6L for cremation and when you would use it.

I apologize for all the questions, its my first time running a poets pen build. It seems broken tbh, I just run around spamming my basic attack and wreck everything while teleporting around randomly like nightcrawler on pcp.

Ive only been using my basic attack thus far (lv42) so wasnt sure when when you would use the 6L setup, if it was just for bosses etc, thank you.

*1 other thing before I forget, is this more or less the BiS corruption for Roimras;

I didnt think wed need or want any additional crit and I already have a chunk of it on my loreweave;
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 26, 2018, 6:16:36 PM
In SC can't I just manually cast IC? Or use a high level CWDT?
Am I right to think that the best luxury item would be an Bubonic Trail with 2 abyssal sockets, it seems like they would be pretty insane on this. I can carry x2 40% resistances on my helmet, gloves, and belt and together with 1 resist line on my jewels still be overcapped on those.

I originally was thinking Deaths Door boots but those Bubonic Trail seem to fit this better and 2 more abyss jewels, with tier 1 life and mana seem hard to beat, wanted to ask first though its a big investment.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Am I right to think that the best luxury item would be an Bubonic Trail with 2 abyssal sockets, it seems like they would be pretty insane on this. I can carry x2 40% resistances on my helmet, gloves, and belt and together with 1 resist line on my jewels still be overcapped on those.

I originally was thinking Deaths Door boots but those Bubonic Trail seem to fit this better and 2 more abyss jewels, with tier 1 life and mana seem hard to beat, wanted to ask first though its a big investment.

Both are great options. Bubonic Trail are fantastic for sure, but keep in mind that Death's Door allow you to spec out of the endurance charge near Marauder, including the life/res nodes if you have enough resists. That's a lot of free points you can spend on other things. For example, you could swap to a tree like his https://pastebin.com/rrqSPGVN which drops 9% life for a ton of damage and more life regen. You could also start pushing towards that 8aps threshold (which is really nice quality of life) by adding insanity gloves for your frenzy and a tree like this http://poeurl.com/bQ5i. I think both boots are great choices.

Of course, if you get a +1 belt, then you can use that as well as bubonic trail and have the best of both worlds. There is a lot of room to improve gear for this build.

For big ticket items that really change the build, I'd look at indigon, which should have massive damage potential. I don't have access to one, so I can't really test the build limits with it, but I imagine it will be capable of destroying content (in exchange for giving up your Mana pool for HP).
Last edited by SilverSequence on Mar 26, 2018, 10:27:50 PM
"
lalib wrote:
In SC can't I just manually cast IC? Or use a high level CWDT?

You certainly can. If you're going that route, I'd think about using the Juggernaut variant (listed in original post and elsewhere in this thread). You can use either eye of innocence or scold's bridle (with a bit of work) to make it tick. The reason to go this direction is that you'll have far more endurance charges so your defenses when IC isn't up will be higher (and IC will last longer when you do cast it. The tradeoff is a smaller health pool due to weaker MoM and less mana (if you go MoM at all).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info