[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

"
LightW2 wrote:
"
Yuckmouth wrote:

I'm using this. It reserves 14% of my mana but increases my damage a ton running Flammability. Originally I assumed that 100% reduced mana reservation meant that it wouldn't reserve any mana...
I guess that's not how math works.

I've used it in 3.1.0 and it reserves 0 mana. Even if flammability + blasphemy was linked with empower or smth else.

I'll have to figure out why it reserves 14% then. Something must be wrong. But yeah, I have it linked with blasphemy.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Idk id hate to lose out on the clear mind jewel too, thats another free 60% spell damage and 30% mana regen gone if you reserve any mana. I really like the synergies you have going on this build, this is the 1st one ive really liked aside from RicoKGBs life mjolner, played that for 6 months, another immortal, good dps build.

60% additional isn't really that much compared to flammability. It acts as a more multiplier. But yeah, that was my original intention (using both clear mind and flamm) but ess worm is def making it so it reserves mana. I wouldn't give up the more multiplier flammability gives for 60% additional. 14% mana reserved is a good trade off to me. But I'm def no expert.

Also, using this setup opens up the opportunity to remove fire pen and add a support eliminating the need for weapon swap for bosses. I haven't done this yet on my setup because I just now thought of it. But I plan to when I get home. This is my current gear.

Ignore the linked gems that make no sense. They are only there to level and make money. Eventually I'll put the totem setup in my chest.
Last edited by Yuckmouth on Mar 27, 2018, 4:50:16 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Flammability net you more damage than another 60% spell damage multiplier in the end?

Example #1:

1000 damage with VD with a spell damage multiplier of 300% would equal 4000 damage against a monster with 0% resist.

EXample #2:

1000 damage with VD with a spell damage multiplier of 240% would equal 3400 damage against a monster with 0% resist.
Now add the effect of Flammability (lvl1), making the equation 3400 * 1,25 = 4250 damage against that very same monster.

"
Heiruspecs wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Flammability net you more damage than another 60% spell damage multiplier in the end?

Example #1:

1000 damage with VD with a spell damage multiplier of 300% would equal 4000 damage against a monster with 0% resist.

EXample #2:

1000 damage with VD with a spell damage multiplier of 240% would equal 3400 damage against a monster with 0% resist.
Now add the effect of Flammability (lvl1), making the equation 3400 * 1,25 = 4250 damage against that very same monster.

You are correct, I edited my post. I said it backwards. Flamm is MORE damage. I'll remove fire pen and add a support giving even MORE damage.
Last edited by Yuckmouth on Mar 27, 2018, 4:52:47 AM
Also, I seem to net the same amount of health from a +health abyss jewels compared to %increased. So I'm using all +health/+resist and +fire damage jewels. At level 80 I'm over 5k health. Don't remember how much mana. But nothing seems to be able to kill me. I know that will change though.

Still experimenting.

If I had AAATopshelf's currency though, I'd def do what he's doing. He's the first reply on page one.
Last edited by Yuckmouth on Mar 27, 2018, 5:03:24 AM
I think im just going to use a 6L frenzy setup, I can hit 95% accuracy on my frenzy so im not worried about my curses not landing;

Frenzy - Additional Accuracy - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble

Im going to wait though b/c the calculator shows it will take on average 1,700 chromatics to 4G 2B a Loreweave and with my luck it will probally be 3,000. Moneys tight atm while I wait on stuff to sell, need another 400 fuses for 1,500 and probally 4-5 ex in chromes for that project.

This is going to be sick 6 linked with these rolls, 50/50 elemental damage - 24/24 attributes - 80/80 resists - 29/30 rarity - high physical damage - 40+ Life and Mana rolls, so OP.

That route also lets me use my old discharge CWDT which was insane for power charges with a romiras, CWDT + Blade Vortex + Inc Duration + Inc AoE.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 27, 2018, 5:12:31 AM
there is no way to make this work with inquisitor and crit?
If you can find a way to generate endurance charges fast enough with Inq.
"
Popique wrote:

U will never get close to perma IC on inquis (no way to genereate END charges easily). Crit inquis will be way squishier, but damage is gonna be way higher.
"
Popique wrote:

No. You could make it work with Juggernaut and crit using eye of innocence. However, you'll have a much smaller health pool as you'll need to invest in crit nodes and gear. I imagine 7-8k ehp using MoM would be pretty doable, but you can still die to things that way.

Nonetheless, it could be a strong build for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info