[3.2] Hierophant/Scion GC Totems - Fully Optimized COMPLETE Uber Elder down

"
"
BeerLeague wrote:
New decent stat stick crafted, double fail slam, but still decent. Resists balanced, still working on boot enchant. I believe I am pretty much done with the gear for this guy at the moment other than a better amulet. Going to keep pushing and grinding though, I think this setup will work a bit better on uber elder as well.

Nice dagger, condolences on the double exalt fail.

I know there aren't really any good master suffixes you had left to choose from (crit multi and spell crit already being on it), but local crit chance does nothing. Might as well do attack speed, for whirling blades.

Yeah, I was considering using it on another build when I crafted IAS, looked at it in PoB and decided that I would use it here as it still adds quite a bit of DPS overall. Going to switch up the crit for IAS later.

Still worth the 4-5ex I spent on crafting it, so no worries.
Yeah it is a good item, I chaos spammed something similar yesterday:

Yours is better for sure though (unless I get frisky and decide to exalt it and get lucky).

I'm sort of ambivalent about chaos spamming. I'd rather be misery crafting, but buying up 100+ misery essences is soul crushingly tedious. On the plus side, one of my "almost" results will probably sell and pay for most of the crafting process:
"
Yeah it is a good item, I chaos spammed something similar yesterday:

Yours is better for sure though (unless I get frisky and decide to exalt it and get lucky).

I'm sort of ambivalent about chaos spamming. I'd rather be misery crafting, but buying up 100+ misery essences is soul crushingly tedious. On the plus side, one of my "almost" results will probably sell and pay for most of the crafting process:

I got super lucky spamming my first one, but I cant recommend C spamming at all. I spammed over 5k C last season without hitting anything. Cheaper to buy Alts/augs/regals. I can fairly regularly hit a 3xt1 (like the one I just fail slammed) within about 2,000 alts or so. Thats 2.5ex (in league) and another 3ex for Cat7 + double slam and the dagger is probably worth about that. If I had hit anything better, the price skyrockets. After I farm up some more currency, I'll give it another go as well.
Oh right, I did want to make an extra point as well. Even though I did fail slam this thing twice:

For this build, it is still about the same as something like:

When shopping for these types of items, make sure that you take Path of Building into consideration. We get huge boosts from the Extra damage as cold and spell crit. An item like that off, while amazing for builds like Reeve and Blade Flurry, isn't BiS for this build (although it is still very good).
Shrug. Those two daggers represent about 200 chaos of spamming. If I sold both I'd make that back easy. Selling just the one, maybe not, but it didn't turn out too badly.

I burned through all my alts crafting my offhand scepter, but when it comes time to upgrade weapons again I may go the alt-aug-regal-annul-multimod route. Or, I may tolerate the tedium of buying up mass misery essences.
"
Shrug. Those two daggers represent about 200 chaos of spamming. If I sold both I'd make that back easy. Selling just the one, maybe not, but it didn't turn out too badly.

I burned through all my alts crafting my offhand scepter, but when it comes time to upgrade weapons again I may go the alt-aug-regal-annul-multimod route. Or, I may tolerate the tedium of buying up mass misery essences.

I guess that is what RNG represents hah. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

Personally, I never had any luck with it, but of course it is possible. Essences (better, but pain in the ass to buy) or alt/aug is preferable to me.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
Oh right, I did want to make an extra point as well. Even though I did fail slam this thing twice:

When shopping for these types of items, make sure that you take Path of Building into consideration. We get huge boosts from the Extra damage as cold and spell crit. An item like that off, while amazing for builds like Reeve and Blade Flurry, isn't BiS for this build (although it is still very good).

Make sure you test different support gems in PoB when you evaluate items like that. Items that take you off cold damage may not look so hot, until you swap cold pen for a different support and see your numbers jump.

Also since it is phys as random element, don't forget PoB doesn't understand that, and you need to break it out.

Importing you into PoB, and manually creating that scepter:
PoB item code
Brood Song (manual)
Sambar Sceptre
Shaper Item
Quality: 20
Sockets: R-R-R
LevelReq: 70
Implicits: 1
Damage Penetrates 6% Elemental Resistances
Adds 17 to 33 Physical Damage
Gain 32% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 13% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Gain 6.34% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 6.33% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 6.33% of Physical Damage as Extra LIghtning Damage
Damage Penetrates 9% Elemental Resistances
{crafted}{range:1}+(22-27)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier

I see the damage with your current gem setup jump from 260k DPS with foe skewer to 278k DPS with brood song.

Changing cold penetration for hypothermia ups that further to 318k DPS.

Here's the full paste:
https://pastebin.com/48jUvz4r
"
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Make sure you test different support gems in PoB when you evaluate items like that. Items that take you off cold damage may not look so hot, until you swap cold pen for a different support and see your numbers jump.

Also since it is phys as random element, don't forget PoB doesn't understand that, and you need to break it out.

Importing you into PoB, and manually creating that scepter:
PoB item code
Brood Song (manual)
Sambar Sceptre
Shaper Item
Quality: 20
Sockets: R-R-R
LevelReq: 70
Implicits: 1
Damage Penetrates 6% Elemental Resistances
Adds 17 to 33 Physical Damage
Gain 32% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 13% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Gain 6.34% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 6.33% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 6.33% of Physical Damage as Extra LIghtning Damage
Damage Penetrates 9% Elemental Resistances
{crafted}{range:1}+(22-27)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier

I see the damage with your current gem setup jump from 260k DPS with foe skewer to 278k DPS with brood song.

Changing cold penetration for hypothermia ups that further to 318k DPS.

Here's the full paste:
https://pastebin.com/48jUvz4r

Yeah, I maybe should have been more clear, I get about 15% more dps with Brood Song, but considering the price of something like that, versus the price of the dagger I just crafted it is very unnecessary. I'm already at 3.2m shaper dps, which is more than enough to 1 shot him through the phases, same goes for uber elder and uber atziri. While it is better (and overall Brood Song is more useful for other builds), it isnt worth spending that much to get a 10-15% dps jump.
Many thanks for this amazing build, got my first ever shaper kill with it!
My gear so far

"
punkdb_ wrote:
Many thanks for this amazing build, got my first ever shaper kill with it!
My gear so far

Nice! Congrats!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info