[3.2] Hierophant/Scion GC Totems - Fully Optimized COMPLETE Uber Elder down

"
BeerLeague wrote:
Amulet will be the next thing I work on, after getting my new boots correctly enchanted.

Are you going to be happy with 120% crit or try to push for the (4-times as rare) 10% ele pen?

"
As for the weapons, I am still not getting more dps with the other setup and I do know how the calculations work. On my weapon, I actually chaos spammed it. Super lucky, but maybe was due as last league I dropped probably close to 5k chaos trying to spam / essence craft a stat stick for reeve.

Either way, it isnt meant to be a pissing contest, it is simply meant as a point that many players overvalue 1 or 2 mods on shaper/elder rares when stuff like Doryani's exists and are very cheap comparatively.

I didn't mean to sound competitive, but it does matter, because relatively cheaply crafted shaper weapons can and do beat Doryani's. I used your PoB link from the OP, and just pasted my weapons in. Did you use that PoB or perhaps you have a different more up to date one or something with some different settings? It is hard to imagine anything other than a missing stat making that significant of a difference though.

Here's the past of your build from the OP, with my weapons copied in:
https://pastebin.com/YbSqB8VW
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 14, 2018, 12:37:06 AM
"
"
BeerLeague wrote:
Amulet will be the next thing I work on, after getting my new boots correctly enchanted.

Are you going to be happy with 120% crit or try to push for the (4-times as rare) 10% ele pen?

"
As for the weapons, I am still not getting more dps with the other setup and I do know how the calculations work. On my weapon, I actually chaos spammed it. Super lucky, but maybe was due as last league I dropped probably close to 5k chaos trying to spam / essence craft a stat stick for reeve.

Either way, it isnt meant to be a pissing contest, it is simply meant as a point that many players overvalue 1 or 2 mods on shaper/elder rares when stuff like Doryani's exists and are very cheap comparatively.

I didn't mean to sound competitive, but it does matter, because relatively cheaply crafted shaper weapons can and do beat Doryani's. I used your PoB link from the OP, and just pasted my weapons in. Did you use that PoB or perhaps you have a different more up to date one or something with some different settings? It is hard to imagine anything other than a missing stat making that significant of a difference though.

Here's the past of your build from the OP, with my weapons copied in:
https://pastebin.com/YbSqB8VW

Going to push for pen, using some 2 socket Bubonic Trails.

As for the dps disparity, I figured out what was wrong on my end
First three sections are finished. Trying to put a lot of work into each of the sections. Will update gems, and gearing process section tomorrow.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
One thing to be aware of with this build is that we do not benefit from added damage to spells very much (unless it is phys from abyss jewels), so weapons like this:
are a noob trap (pay no attention to the price). They sky rocket your sheet dps in game, but are not better than a Doryani's.

Even +phys still takes the 60% damage effectiveness penalty from GC as a skill. It feeds through your shaper mods / hatred which is nice, but it still has that damage effectiveness penalty.

"
Belt:

As with most builds, life, as much res as you can get are priorities. Rustic Sash is nice, but not mandatory. BiS would probably be an 83 elder belt with life recovery and life% to bump up our EHP.

There's also the glass cannon option:

Pretty nice for mapping also with the flask recovery. Belt is a pretty big slot for potential life roll though so you are taking a fair hit choosing that route.

"
Amulet:
Otherwise, just look for life and as much dps as you can afford. There are many good dps stats for us. Crit multi, Crit, Spell damage, cast speed, Extra phys as X. The more dps mods you get, the more the cost.

Worth noting that not all damage mods are itemized well on amulet. Shaper/elder conversion mods, shaper ele penetration, crit multi, and cast speed are well itemized and give significant damage contribution. Spell damage and crit chance are less good in the amounts budgeted on amulets. You wouldn't kick them out of bed, but they won't give the kind of damage contribution the other mods do.

"
Gloves:
If we are looking for the perfect gloves for the build, they are either going to be 2 socket tombfists, if you can afford the hit on your Res, or Hysteria crafted Fingerless base. The Hysteria gloves would be a very nice QoL improvement for mapping for your movement skill, and tombfists would provide more dps and more EHP than any other glove (Abyss Jewels OP).

There's also shaper gloves that give up to 14% cast speed, or elder gloves that give up to 14% attack AND cast speed.

"
Boots:

Two options, Rare with MS/Life/Res, or two socket Bubonic Trails (again, abyss jewels OP). The real for Bubonic Trail is the same as above, it can provide more dps and more EHP than any other boot. One additional note here, if you are using whirling blades as your movement skill, you may choose to drop MS on the boots to give yourself a cheaper item to obtain.

Two more interesting options for boots are:

1) Shaper boots with totem placement speed (up to 22%). This isn't all that interesting for hierophant who gets boatloads of totem placement speed, but is definitely a consideration for scion.

2) Kaom's roots. Stun immunity, lots of life, snare immunity. The snare immunity is a big plus for elder and uber elder, as it essentially negates one of his most dangerous abilities. If you can find a way to fix your resists without the boot slot, it is worth having kaom's roots to swap in for those fights, even if you don't use them most of the time (definitely feels kind of bad for mapping).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 15, 2018, 12:16:04 PM
Good catch on the roots. I’ve been working on my way through Uber elder, three attempts now, each time getting them between 20-30% and I swapped to the roots with whirling blades. It was a nice QoL, and if wasn’t for some bugged portals, and walls interacting strangely in the encounter I would have it down by now.

As for the shaper gloves, I’ve tried to roll them before and that mod seems heavily weighted to not appear. While cast speed is nice, the build gets such a ludacrus amount of dps that insantity gloves would be my go to choice and I’ll prosbbly try crafting some after I stop sinking my currency into the Uber elder attempts.
I haven't tried crafting shaper/elder gloves. Last league when I did this build on inquisitor I bought these for 1c:

If you need resists on that slot obviously cost goes up, but a sort of mid-range glove is still pretty affordable:
Guide is finished! UberElder down as well
Added a few more small changes with the conversion. Any questions, please lmk.
New decent stat stick crafted, double fail slam, but still decent. Resists balanced, still working on boot enchant. I believe I am pretty much done with the gear for this guy at the moment other than a better amulet. Going to keep pushing and grinding though, I think this setup will work a bit better on uber elder as well.

"
BeerLeague wrote:
New decent stat stick crafted, double fail slam, but still decent. Resists balanced, still working on boot enchant. I believe I am pretty much done with the gear for this guy at the moment other than a better amulet. Going to keep pushing and grinding though, I think this setup will work a bit better on uber elder as well.

Nice dagger, condolences on the double exalt fail.

I know there aren't really any good master suffixes you had left to choose from (crit multi and spell crit already being on it), but local crit chance does nothing. Might as well do attack speed, for whirling blades.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 16, 2018, 10:16:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info