[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

I think you should still stick with your 3.5 Tree and add Frost Walker to it.
This would sacrifice 160 EHP for 70k DPS per Totem.

As soon as your gear gets better you can swap to your 3.6 Tree for the jewel socket and utility the Alchemist cluster.

Please correct me if im wrong since im going to do a Freezing Pulse Totem start this league.
I can't see how the old tree would be 70k more DPS. That would be gigantic. But it's totally fine if you wanna path by Throatseeker. The difference is very slight. I can see that the resits from Snowforged would be valuable early on.

For the guide I rather not have too nuch respeccing, if its such a slight difference.
I took your Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/GGR6TK0K and added Coordination.

Stats:
DPS per Totem: 289k
Life: 4,865
Mana: 3,429
ES: 899
EHP: 7,135.6

I removed the Alchemist Cluster since this is only QOL. I took the old Templer start nodes. And instead of travelling by Nimbleness i took the Throatseeker route.

DPS per Totem: 350k
Life: 4,722
Mana: 3,418
ES: 877
EHP: 6,966.2

So you are losing 170 EHP for 61k DPS per Totem. So i will stick with your old tree for the start and swap to your new tree for the QOL improvements.
Good luck in the new League =)

P.S.:
Thank you for this awesome Guide!
Last edited by Relitrex on Mar 8, 2019, 2:09:04 PM
So only 61k DPS? :P

Well its A LOT of QoL you are loosing. All the mana and liferegen.

And alchemist is 17% movement speed, 3% phys reduction, better life flask and longer duration.

But yeah going for more damage is totally fine, too.
Hey VisorX, I've been following your build over the past 3-4 patches, im curious as to your thoughts about 3.6 and self-cast over Totems? Cheers
"
Nobody003 wrote:
Hey VisorX, I've been following your build over the past 3-4 patches, im curious as to your thoughts about 3.6 and self-cast over Totems? Cheers

I think 'traditional' self-cast still has some issues that weren't dealt with in the current patch. The cast time of most skills is still too high, you have to actually target mobs instead of plopping down totems or mines. The Hierophant and Saboteur ascendancies give you a lot of defensive strengths compared to Inquisitor/Elementalist. With totems you have 100% damage uptime while you are dodging mechanics and with mines you simply have a lot more damage.

Cast time is really the biggest issue, that's why 'non-traditional' self-cast skills Storm Brand, Winter Orb and BV are all so good because you don't have to cast it for every pack and you don't have to target.

From traditional self-casts EK Nova is probably the most promising. You can clear the whole screen and don't have to target.

Unleash seems like a really good support, but it doesn't help your clearing skill.
Really enjoying the build so far so thanks for the guide, is there a way to get 4 totems without multi support gem or the +1 shaper mod?
"
Zoltrix wrote:
Really enjoying the build so far so thanks for the guide, is there a way to get 4 totems without multi support gem or the +1 shaper mod?

The only other way are 2 unique items: Soul Mantle and Tukohama's Fortress.

Tukohama's Fortress has Blood Magic, so it's not viable for us. Soul Mantle is an option, but it requires you to build around it, because you are cursing yourself. Also you probably want to have a Tabula or cheap rare 6-link as your chest and 6linking a Soul Mantle is quite an investment.

Just try to get your hand on a shaper shield and alteration spam for the mod :).
"
VisorX wrote:
"
Zoltrix wrote:

The only other way are 2 unique items: Soul Mantle and Tukohama's Fortress.

Tukohama's Fortress has Blood Magic, so it's not viable for us. Soul Mantle is an option, but it requires you to build around it, because you are cursing yourself. Also you probably want to have a Tabula or cheap rare 6-link as your chest and 6linking a Soul Mantle is quite an investment.

Just try to get your hand on a shaper shield and alteration spam for the mod :).

Appreciate the work, thanks man.
Hi, this patch and league I will play this build. I hope Ill complete 36 challenges for wings :)

I enjoy playing totem build, but this patch idk whats the best. Now at 57 lvl and its good with 4l and crap gear at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info