uber elder is garbage

Uber elder is hard- not garbage. You do not need a specific build or specific uniques. I have dropped Uber-elder down twice now on a build I put together myself without a guide. I have never had even close to a mirror worth of currency in my life- never even had a head hunter. Some of the harder gear pieces I made myself. You’ll notice, I killed him on an elementalist, who gets no endurance charges, has very little armor, doesn’t use kaom’s roots. Not on standard in gg gear...beastiary league.

It’s possible. It’s not easy...it’s not designed to be easy. It’s designed to be a fight that very few people finish...don’t look at it and say that “I can’t Uber Elder, it’s a garbage fight.” It’s not supposed to be a fight that everybody finishes.

What I will agree is garbage is the RNG mechanic getting the 15th memory fragment. If you get lucky and it spawns before you’re ready, you end up with an Uber elder on your atlas you can never get rid of. I almost finished the end game grind for elder guardians before I got the 15th fragment. Pure RNG gating of content is not a great design.

Also bad design...why on God’s green Earth, would they not GIVE YOU A PORTAL OUT OF THE ARENA WHEN THE FIGHT IS OVER? Why, oh WHY should I have to log out just to leave the arena? That’s just dumb.

"
This is likely because of the changes to monster damage. They scaled things waaayyyy too high. Of course.

I ran some old 3.0 maps on Standard yesterday. Gorge with Vulnerability. Have a Champion. Perma Fortify. Level 96. Full Ngamahu Cyclone that I’ve done Shaper with EZ mode. 7k life. The bosses leap slam one shot me. Fortify felt like nothing.

When I read the change log I knew they would overtune it. Things felt great last league. Now we are back to stupid one shots no matter your build. Can’t imagine how hard regular T15 Elder is going to hit for let alone Uber.

Fucking +1.
My slayer with 7k hp is getting perma stunned in t7+ maps wtf.
my build is neither of those and Ive killed him like 4 times already

so yeah...

this is all you need really.
Last edited by shaunika90 on Apr 3, 2018, 11:23:08 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
berg3g wrote:
you NEED specific build to kill him - totems/LLRF/miner or mirrored/legacy gear

nice balancing GGG, as always

hardest fight in the game because only few builds can complete it, amazing

Check my build, it's ez mode Shaper in leagues and should be OP in Standard. I haven't got to Uber Elder myself because I play leagues only but can't play leagues right now because of currency nerfs.

Currency nerfs? Where is that stated?
Just beatup Uber Elder Solo as a GolemElementalist.. Don't see what all teh drama is about.. 7 or 8 trys :P Edit :- No koam's root cheating either for the record :)
Last edited by Weaz on Apr 12, 2018, 6:22:21 PM
you only need op build to compensate your lack of skill
there is a tutorial uber elder where someone plays a tornado shot with 4k2 life deathless, git gud
10 tries, killed him as SR/RF totemist. No Kaom's roots as well, just Whirling Blades and Lighting Warp on switch.

Fight is insanely difficult, but fun. At least now I could say I've completed PoE.

GL to everyone who's still trying :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info