uber elder is garbage

"
Nogonoma wrote:
"
Mezion wrote:
I'm actually sad that people are able to kill him at all this soon in the league. I wish it was like 100x harder so you actually have to play for weeks before even attempting that. I guess I like my endgame Boss near impossible and actually worthy of praise.

People kill him in Standard.

People has killed him in Bestiary HC.
and our 1k+ hour GGG team couldn't even kill him even after a week with perma availabilty LUL

oh uber elder..some day

at least i got my elder, holy moley what a grind to get that one.
Gonna drop my 2cents.

Uber elder is pretty much garbage indeed. There are too many phase overlapses (for example, shaper casting beam while elder withers you from behind, while you are bound within inner circle of the elder - you have no room where to dodge). Too many of these shits happen and eventually you rip all your portals, OF COURSE UNLESS you play some gay fucking shit like 10k hp RF that just facerolls and occasionally dodges some shit.

And I thought uber atziri is not fair when it came out, but at least I didn't try to itemise for her. I spent 80 exalts worth of items to have a fair chance at uber elder and I couldn't even get close to killing it. It's pure garbage.

This is coming from a player that kills shaper 3-4 days in a new league with glass cannon shit without dying once, so I must know my shit.
Possibly unpopular opinion coming in here and pretty much from no basis than a pair of eyes but It looks to me like Uber Elder is a much worse designed fight than say Uber Atziri.

This is quite simply because the amount of damage and effects on the screen are so high in UE that your only methods of dealing with the boss become insane dps (15mil trollolol) or straight invulnerability, ie everyones 10k RF phys immune jugg rocking massive cold resist.

This becomes a problem because the boss is no longer a skill check, its a build check. Uber atziri on the other hand has very punishing mechanics but fundamentally can be done with quite a few characters if your mechanics are good enough to compensate.

The fact the Juggs are doing twinned versions of UE while most builds will never be able to even get close to beating just the regular pair really highlights this, if the fight was balanced around Ju G G Gs then its undertuned, if it was balanced around high end regular builds then its overtuned.

Note i've not personally done either yet just seen lots of runs of both, i'm in softcore for the first time this league so will post in when i've personally given them ago if my opinion changes.
"
Molochmane wrote:
oh uber elder..some day

Hardest part is getting the 15th Memory Fragment.

It's getting easier and easier to spawn now at least for me, but still a tedious process.

I've seen your gear, it's miles better than mine, fight itself is mechanical.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:
oh uber elder..some day

It's getting easier and easier to spawn now at least for me, but still a tedious process.

The fight is a fucking joke

I CAN'T GET THE 15TH MEMORY FRAGMENT

FUCK

If you've done 10000 elders 10000 shapers you're going to destroy it quite easily unless you're truly that incompetent which I'm not sure how seeing if you can kill shape you can likely kill douchebag and other douchebag.

Unless you're sarang here ;x *pat pat <3
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 17, 2018, 2:19:35 PM
"
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:
oh uber elder..some day

The fight is a fucking joke

I CAN'T GET THE 15TH MEMORY FRAGMENT

FUCK

If you've done 10000 elders 10000 shapers you're going to destroy it quite easily unless you're truly that incompetent which I'm not sure how seeing if you can kill shape you can likely kill douchebag and other douchebag.

Unless you're sarang here ;x *pat pat <3

Hey now even I did Deathless this morning :<

Pls no flame
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Mar 17, 2018, 2:40:59 PM
yeah but u got shotgun iced in the face in the beginning and fell over bleeding everywhere :D
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
yeah but u got shotgun iced in the face in the beginning and fell over bleeding everywhere :D

LOL

All my runs up to that point were like that. Tilting as fuck, died randomly one time to something stupid and finish the rest of the fight.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239745956?t=02h01m34s

I guess I gotta take some of the music off, got auto muted lmao

Lame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info