[3.4] Zerphi Poet VD - Easiest Uber Elder build - Twinned kill - 20000+ life recovery per sec

Okay, I had that one coming. But the main question of "I don't understand what the CD recovery speed does or how to tell if I'm skipping casts." is still in question.

Is it reducing the cooldown of bodyswap travel or cast time? Is it scaled by attacks per second with frenzy? How do you tell if it's skipping? Should blood rage and frenzy charges be calculated? Etc.
"
Suppurot wrote:
Okay, I had that one coming. But the main question of "I don't understand what the CD recovery speed does or how to tell if I'm skipping casts." is still in question.

Is it reducing the cooldown of bodyswap travel or cast time? Is it scaled by attacks per second with frenzy? How do you tell if it's skipping? Should blood rage and frenzy charges be calculated? Etc.

Ok let me try and explain...

Poets pens "trigger a socketed spell when you attack". However, they have an internal cooldown of 250ms per spell (similar to CoC, Mjolner, etc). That means you can trigger spells a maximum of 4 times per second (without any cooldown recovery).

So if you attack faster than 4 times per second you "skip" and fail to trigger the spell, even though you attack.

In reality, due to server delays, this will actually already start to happen around 3.75 APS. And yes that will be the attack speed including frenzy charges & blood rage.

If you stack cooldown recovery it essentially reduces the 250ms limit and allows you to trigger spells more frequent and you can increase your attack speed.

With 25% increased CD recovery the new cooldown would be 200ms or 5APS (again in reality a little lower due to server delays).

However, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Because the faster you attack, the faster you regen health (as you still spend mana). Damage is fine as it is.

How do you know you skip casts?
Just try it without body swap in your hideout. Get some frenzy charges with that unique flask. Then check if you trigger VD every time you attack with frenzy.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 22, 2018, 4:00:54 PM
Thank you very much. I'd lie if I said I didn't get confused easily. =/
"
Suppurot wrote:

no worries :)

In reality it doesn't make a huge difference. This build is so tanky you can take your time with boss kills!

Just managed my first uber kill of the league - face tanking the smashes and balls too. Whole run took less than 5min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5FhSQXpRo

Gear:

Spoiler

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 22, 2018, 5:09:10 PM

"
Stats:
6706 Life
4.37 attacks per second
336 mana cost
838% of mana cost gained as life (54% increased flask effect)
26% life recovery rare from Watcher's Eye, and 50% from pantheon
29 667 life recovered per second maximum (after 4 seconds of consecutive attacking)
31% physical damage taken as cold (ToH with flask effect)
30% physical damage taken as lightning (L. Coil)
34% Fire penetration
24 585 damage per ball from ingame tooltip with EO (23109 against shaper/elder)
129% movement speed

Stupid, 50% dps lost.
You must have a aps as close as 4.00 aps as possible.
3.97 for me, the simpliest way is downscaling frenzy quality to get the good aps.

Is flow unthetered worthy? A good elder belt save you a flask as well as a jewel.

"
Suppurot wrote:

Just to follow up. Sorry about just pointing you towards google... I completely agree, it is a little confusing. I've made a quick video to explain the mechanic. Hope it's useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8aM4FkPUNM
At what point does zerphis start to feel good?
I'm leveling right now and I can't use blood magic yet because zerphis isn't healing me back up.
I'm curious why do I see so many people who do this build not go crit? Playing around in PoB getting crit nodes instead of EO and some of the spell damage nodes, and using a diamond flasks ends up being more damage in basically every form I've tried this in.
"
I'm curious why do I see so many people who do this build not go crit? Playing around in PoB getting crit nodes instead of EO and some of the spell damage nodes, and using a diamond flasks ends up being more damage in basically every form I've tried this in.

Because damage is more than enough. This is not a DPS build. It's made to face tank. EO is 2 passives for a lot of DPS. To get anything similar with crit multi, you'd have to spend way more than just 2 points. Flasks are also picked for defense.
"

Go inQ if you want more damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info