Important: How We're Changing Capturing

And here i thought you were gonna talk about a vocal minority again, which honestly compared to another thing it definitely seems like one.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Sarno wrote:
As a summoner, both of these changes sound pretty incredible.

That you're already telling us about feedback you've seen and how you'll respond to it is pretty insane - this was posted like half a day after the league went live. And on a Saturday. ಠ_ಠ

While I understand how the capturing dead beasts sounds "great", where is the motivation to ever try and capture a live beast anymore though? This change will likely just shift everyone into capturing dead beasts. Where's the fun or challenge in that?
"
kierny wrote:
Worst league, worst idea.

I love your game guys but this one is really bad.

Time to skip league 1st time ever.

I've skipped many leagues I wasnt too keen on. No big deal cant please everyone all the time. But yeah this is the worst.
Git R Dun!
"
PopeJo wrote:
on the other hand: all the new skills, items, the ascendancy rework, bug improvements etc. are absolutely great. thx a lot for that! So there's enough for me to enjoy even when I skip the league specific content.

shouldn't that be kinda the point? nothing forces you to capture anything in this league, nothing makes throwing traps and trying to not-kill beasts a requirement. nothing forces you to engage with the bestiary crafting system at all (other than the challenges I suppose)

so, since people who don't want to build or play a certain way don't _have_ to do this, why are GGG changing their vision for the league to accommodate them?

Netting dead beasts is a plain terrible idea. If they are going to add this they need to make it an undesirable way to collect beasts. Rather than making the nets expensive (since this is a cheap deterrent) make the resulting recipes different, encounters in the Blood Altar harder, or do something like reduce the effective level of the resulting captured beast.

GGG, If people want to mindlessly speed clear in your game then let them. But what's wrong with having tangential progression for everyone else that doesn't enjoy that way of playing?

What about if netting dead beast revives them with full health? And then you have to kill them again to capture them. That seems to be the most effective solution. It puts a cost on reviving dead ones and doesn't make them resort to use expensive special nets.
Please GGG don't introduce the dead nets thing it defeats the whole purpose of the league. Don't cater to these people who are bitching about not being able to run maps super fast and capture everything they want to. If anything we should have some sort of net that gives the monster serious damage reduction and immunity to culling so then we want to capture it. Something along those lines is way better than a dead capture. Then they just what? Suddenly come back alive to die at the altar? This would be a terrible idea GGG.
Yeah GGG, dont let us capture dead beats. Instead give us a "pokepotion" to heal up rare dead beasts and fight them again.

Becuse why should we use any other nets?
"
BoJankles wrote:
While I understand how the capturing dead beasts sounds "great", where is the motivation to ever try and capture a live beast anymore though?

I'm hoping that it'll be a time-limited thing, maybe handwaved away as "oh, you inflicted a mortal wound, but if the beast is captured quickly enough, Einhar can heal it in the Menagerie..."

If you only get a limited window after death to capture it, I'm all for it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Thanks for all the hard work and the responsiveness.
Please don't implement dead beast capture.

Last edited by Sinaranu on Oct 13, 2019, 6:44:12 PM
love how this game got updates awesome now we can call this patch poe Pokémon GO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info