Bestiary Improvements So Far

Thanks Chris,

When are you going to take a bit of time to relax and enjoy?
Not enough.
Too late.
Last edited by DasName on Mar 3, 2018, 2:49:52 AM
Net tiers are completely unnecessary, and them having a chance to fail (and then heal the mob) is just ridiculous. If I tag a mob with a net, it should be captured when it dies. Not to mention, if I throw the net and the mob dies before the net projectile hits, nothing happens but you lose the net.... So many awful design choices here. Just like we thought a week ago.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on Mar 3, 2018, 2:54:06 AM
Guys, great league, great league start. TY!
Ladder is delayed like 2 hours, whats up ?
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Could we please have two hotkeys for the nets though? Instead of just the once since we are usually using two nets. Just really awkward having to open the inventory every time you want to switch nets.

Sometimes you have to do this while in combat too, and in HC it's not something you really want to be messing around with. You just want to have your focus on the monster. That would be really helpful!

Please consider it <3

#NeverGoing90
Might want to think about how culling strike fits into a mechanism built around getting mobs to low life. My own feeling is "nets" should catch the mob for a short time like bear trap and mob needs to be defeated while trapped.
I'm done with your pokemon bullshit, I'm just gonna play the game and ignore the god awful capturing of beasts, which none of you actually tested out before making it live in game. Such a boring and clunky mechanic.
PoE prior to this league had a fairly consistent playstyle focus: Kill things as fast as possible. There were two (that I know of) exceptions: some Vorici quests and situations where mods which change item quantity/quality compete with other mods.

I disagree with the premise of both of those, given that the confuse and detract from the focus of the genre, but given their rarity, it seemed ok.

The net mechanic in Beastiary basically turns the entire playstyle of PoE and turns it on it's head. The most successful builds in PoE are ones which deal massive AoE damage, at range to monsters indiscriminately, with the additional incentive to before you die. Whereas the net mechanic requires targeting a single, specific monster with a net, either before it's damaged at all (with the intent of damaging it later) or after doing enough damage to successfully capture while not doing enough damage to kill it. And doing all of this while trying to stay alive.

My objection isn't that this is simply hard or complex to do. It's that it doesn't fit with the playstyle that PoE or it's genre promises.

It'd encourage either removing the net mechanic entirely and just have capture occur notionally at death in an automated way or to have a hybrid system that allows players to focus more on killing things efficiently while still capturing monsters while allowing other interested players to make tradeoffs which result in their capturing being more effective while killing less efficiently.
Genius move, giving developers some time off at the most hectic moments PoE have, the start of a league.

Goes to show how far you can make a company go with just sheer luck and willpower, trying really hard to do something even if you have no idea what you're doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info