Bestiary Improvements So Far

Many times when attempting a capture, I'll throw a net and proceed to attack, but the beast immediately breaks free and dies as a result. Keeping the beast in the net for a little longer (irrespective of success) would go a long way in alleviating this issue.

It's very frustrating to find the an awesome beast, wear it down to low life, and then accidentally kill it because the net disappeared immediately.

That being said, the crafting and blood altar fights are awesome. Please allow us to enjoy more of that great stuff by improving the netting process.
Last edited by Buckwalter1 on Mar 3, 2018, 2:24:18 AM
This pet league is not for hardcord old, its for casual. I play poe 4 grind mobs and toons of dps and aoe and gore and blood. And new league seems more about happy farm. I am dissapoint, Chris.
What about a little boost of rng for uber hillock ? :3 :3 :3
Thank you GGG !
Ok awesomeness!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
I am doing fine so far, it works better than expected.

My main concerns are as follows,

Net Drop rates:

I played through Act 1 and that stuff is just not dropping enough. I find many beasts but I always run out of nets, so I must buy new ones. Early in the game, this might be ok, but I bet that those higher tier nets, will not just cost a scroll, but maybe a chaos or more. This would be a huge issue, if drop rates don´t improve later in the game.

Capturing process:

I play a summoner and there is always a lot happening on my screen. It can be hard to target the right beast. It would be nice to let the throw target the rare or legendary automatically.
Glad that your working on tuning and fixing some issues, enjoying the league currently but the capture mechanics are awkward and clunky, I'm sure you will all sort it in due course though. League launch must be stressful as heck!

Edit for clarification - By awkward and clunky I mean that in the midst of combat it can be hard to target the beast you want to capture, this combined with certain builds that have less control over damage output can make it a bit of a nightmare. Haven't got too far yet so can't comment on net tiers. Beastcrafting looks really great can't wait to explore it more. Thanks for all your hard work.
Last edited by KonstantStompa on Mar 3, 2018, 2:40:21 AM
I love the League so far, but as others are saying the capture mechanics are incredibly clunky feeling.
How about making the multiplayer experience of capturing beasts less obtuse/annoying?

If you're REALLY that concerned about people capturing "two" beasts for the price of "1" net just bring up a prompt at Einhar to offer the second player the ability to "pay" with 1 net for the beast that was just captured.

Or do you really want to force everybody to play alone even more than the game already does?
the 'shortest development cycle ever' (including holiday break) surely tells - it looks rushed and unpolished

is that 'exactly 3 months' league interval that important? having watched few short streams the mechanic seems in early alpha and the entire premise of 'go slow' in forced 'clear speed meta' is rather bold

what fits better your balance and gamedesign decisions is Races and i mean literal races and timed map clears. not forced single target interaction..
How are you going to adress culling strike for Slayer?
Can I net the beasts without them being on low HP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info