[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
Erebus__ wrote:

I have around 330k DPS at the moment...

Are you sure about that? If yes, i want to know how you reach such damage numbers at level 79 since i'm level 90 at the moment and i'm not even at 300k dps yet.
Last edited by MEMORiA_96 on Jun 19, 2019, 2:58:24 PM
"
Erebus__ wrote:
Great build, i really love frostblades since i started playing poe and its great to see a strong build that is somewhat easy to play.

I have a question or two though, my single target is really bad. I have problem with almost every boss i encounter. Do i use double strike?

I have around 330k DPS at the moment, and currently using rage instead of multistrike. My DPS got much better after i bought my touch of anguish, but still i have a problem with single target.

Iam currently lvl 79 with 4,5k life which i got when i bought my belly. Should i aim more for life nodes rather than DPS?

its hard to know without seeing how you play as most of the damage on single target revolves around using tricks. The big ones being saving vaal double strike for the boss, swapping out ancestral call for ruthless on bosses, Saving your rage up for hard rares/bosses and then using berserk, and having a 5/6 link.
With the new addition of the 20/20 Berserk gem now requiring 155 str, is there any reason we shouldn't also level up Ancestral Warchief too 20?

I've incorporated some of the build changes (kept anscestral call for the clear speed), and the rage buff is awesome, but I was wondering if the beserk gem was mandatory? As it needs 155+ strength, I've replaced some of my passives with +strength to help out, and also added it to one of my rings. Do you think replacing beserk with another gem (likely cast on damage taken) would significantly hurt dps/boss clear speeds?

Also, anyone here know what I should be looking to upgrade on my gear? It looks pretty decent to me, but I've hit a soft wall at T13/14 where I'm now often dying if I pop legions or run into large rare packs.

(N.B: Thanks for the guide, being a newcomer to PoE this build is definately noob-friendly and has helped me progress the end game pretty smoothly!)

Hi!
Great guide! Followed it and now I'm at level 92.
I did modifications to get tankier, without hurting the clear speed too much all the way up to t16, however, as previous post stated, I am also dying, alot. I do t15 bosses and die, but the t16 guardians are a struggle. Many times I run out of portals.
I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the build, or is it that it's just a start build and should roll something else? Or is it worth pumping the few exalts I earned into min/maxing it?
I was thinking maybe going into ES or whatnot?

Help appreciated!
Heres my pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/UuQGR8Uv
"
Jesham wrote:

I've incorporated some of the build changes (kept anscestral call for the clear speed), and the rage buff is awesome, but I was wondering if the beserk gem was mandatory? As it needs 155+ strength, I've replaced some of my passives with +strength to help out, and also added it to one of my rings. Do you think replacing beserk with another gem (likely cast on damage taken) would significantly hurt dps/boss clear speeds?

Also, anyone here know what I should be looking to upgrade on my gear? It looks pretty decent to me, but I've hit a soft wall at T13/14 where I'm now often dying if I pop legions or run into large rare packs.

(N.B: Thanks for the guide, being a newcomer to PoE this build is definately noob-friendly and has helped me progress the end game pretty smoothly!)

I should probably change that so people don't think you absolutely need to level berserk to max. Just get berserk to the point where its feasible with your setup and not going to hurt your DPS or survivability.

"
fillesun wrote:
Hi!
Great guide! Followed it and now I'm at level 92.
I did modifications to get tankier, without hurting the clear speed too much all the way up to t16, however, as previous post stated, I am also dying, alot. I do t15 bosses and die, but the t16 guardians are a struggle. Many times I run out of portals.
I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the build, or is it that it's just a start build and should roll something else? Or is it worth pumping the few exalts I earned into min/maxing it?
I was thinking maybe going into ES or whatnot?

Help appreciated!
Heres my pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/UuQGR8Uv

This build will never reach the same capability as a build designed as a item sinking build, but it can get slightly better with investments though.

I just would say it might be worth rerolling to a another character. If melee is your thing I got another build I am using this league that I made https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2513885/page/1 (Shameless plug)

but in all seriousness, just do what you think sounds fun. If think you can keep minmaxing the build, go for it. Either way it'll work pretty well.

"
fronash wrote:
With the new addition of the 20/20 Berserk gem now requiring 155 str, is there any reason we shouldn't also level up Ancestral Warchief too 20?

Said something similar right above, I will probably be changing it so isn't forced to be maxed to 20. Just get it to the point where you can that is feasible. If 20 is feasible, then do ancestral warchief as well.
Last edited by Reloads on Jun 20, 2019, 12:06:51 AM
"
MEMORiA_96 wrote:
"
Erebus__ wrote:

I have around 330k DPS at the moment...

Are you sure about that? If yes, i want to know how you reach such damage numbers at level 79 since i'm level 90 at the moment and i'm not even at 300k dps yet.

Well shit man, god maybe just shines a light on me

P.S

No im not sure, im still a newbie
Last edited by Erebus__ on Jun 20, 2019, 6:23:36 AM
The POB config doesn't make alot of sense. Its missing enough INT/Str to achieve most of the skills used and even equip one of the items. You'd also need to give up a number of things on the rings to actually meet the dex/int requirements (that being the other place the guide suggests getting dex/int).
Thanks for the reply 1 more question for the skillgems it says outdated is all the sockets link to each gem
Doesn't really say or is there just some that are linked ?
Just wondering, what the Single Target setup would be on a 5 Link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info