[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

Hey there, this build seems to be fun but i don't know why, the POB link give me the outdated passiv tree.

My POB is updated and let me see the new skill tree when i launch it but when i import the POB link of the intro, it launch me the old outdated tree.

https://pastebin.com/QWp9eeuz ==> is this the good link for your POB plz?

Edit : ok i found my problem : my eyes wasn't properly opened.. Sorry guys

Really like ur build, thx !

Last edited by Tiuko on Jun 12, 2019, 6:31:45 AM
So i was woncdering why not remove two life/eva nodes after revenge and the same after finesse for acro and phase acro?

A guy suggested that! Is he wrong? Is the build in need of that!

Thanks in advance
"
mack2323 wrote:
So i was woncdering why not remove two life/eva nodes after revenge and the same after finesse for acro and phase acro?

Thanks in advance

Yeah, it is a fun build but the changes in leech do impact it and made it more squishy for sure.

I did indeed use Acro and Phased Acro and got 4.5k Health at level 75. And capped all Resistances as well. For me, POB Leech on Hit is over 2k. I took Vitality Void as well, below Vaal Pact. I gave up some damage nodes for survival.

But given all that, I am not sure it will be a "red map" farmer. I'd really like it to be, but worried that is not going to be--something is off Damage wise and survival is too big an investment tree wise. Fun as hell to play though.

You can pull-in some ideas from another related build: [3.7] Face-Cannon Frost Blades Assassin by "nal_tony"
Last edited by Optio82 on Jun 12, 2019, 11:20:48 AM
"
Optio82 wrote:
"
mack2323 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Yeah, it is a fun build but the changes in leech do impact it and made it more squishy for sure.

I did indeed use Acro and Phased Acro and got 4.5k Health at level 75. And capped all Resistances as well. For me, POB Leech on Hit is over 2k. I took Vitality Void as well, below Vaal Pact. I gave up some damage nodes for survival.

But given all that, I am not sure it will be a "red map" farmer. I'd really like it to be, but worried that is not going to be--something is off Damage wise and survival is too big an investment tree wise. Fun as hell to play though.

You can pull-in some ideas from another related build: [3.7] Face-Cannon Frost Blades Assassin by "nal_tony"

Damage is bad because multistrike doesn't work, the animation canceling mechanic added in 3.7 cancels multi before it does its 2nd and 3rd repeats.
Oooo - shit that makes total sense then - because it felt like somthing like that was happening with Mutli (it feels sooooo under powered)--but I was not 100% sure.

GGG say when it is going to be fixed?
Last edited by Optio82 on Jun 12, 2019, 3:59:45 PM
Hey Reloads,

First off, I'm really enjoying this build this league and happy I decided to start the league with it. That being said, I'm running into an issue now with survivability, specifically with the new league encounters (monoliths). The rare enemies in tier 8+ maps seem to mainly have "Resists Elemental Damage" and its causing me to die very quickly. At least I think that's what's causing me to die quickly.

I haven't had an issue until now and have 4.5k health and fully capped resists. I have most of the gear you recommend (minus belly of the beast) and am roughly 10 nodes away from being done with your skill tree in PoB.

Not sure what to do at this point, but I am basically having to skip most of the monoliths in these higher tier maps due to getting killed very quickly. I think it has to do with the "Resists Elemental Damage" debuff because I also ran into this same problem on the Port Map as the boss is also buffed with "Resists Elemental Damage". Any suggestions here?

P.S. I've already run upwards of Tier 12 maps with no problem so I am having a hard time wrapping my head around why these tier 8 monoliths are killing me.
@milkkanz

Several us in this thread have the same sort of issues as you mention.

Survival is an issue. It is also why so many are asking about Acrobatics and Phased Acrobatics.

Good luck.
Excuse my noob question.

But how do i generate frenzy chanrge? All i can generate is power charge via assasins mark.

EDIT: Backreading i found that the answer to this is TOUCH OF THE ANGUISH

ty!
Last edited by Archegaming on Jun 13, 2019, 12:03:07 AM
Is it me but i dont feel like reaching red maps will be a thing with this character?

Im squishy rn. at 3500 life rn with tabula, level 81. My dps is okay just dies too easily to legion mobs at t4-t5 dependings of the numerous mods...

I have a 6 sockets Belly that im trying to 6link.

And does it seems that the animation canceling bugs for Frost Blades cause less dmg to be dealt?? im not crazy right ?

I might reroll. (1ex,26c rn) bad start for a new league sadly !

https://pastebin.com/FG81nmRA

Last edited by Ma23ck on Jun 13, 2019, 1:48:23 AM
I'm having same issues as everyone else with build being to squishy.
I will try rework this build to go more into evasion defence with acrobatics and phase acrobatics nodes. I think to sub assasin mark with enfeeble to boost dodge def. layer further.
Also after going into evasion more i think that Immortal call should be sub with Steelskin as % reduction from Immortal call won't be as consistent with high evasion.

I also use Ruthless support instead for multistrike all the time to boost dmg against rare and magic enemies (clearing trash is no problem for this build), also stun helps with survivability.

Any other ideas how to make this build more viable? I love it's offensive setup and have so much fun with this build so far!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info