[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
Reloads wrote:

"
Archegaming wrote:
hey man is it possible to use BF or Double strike for bosses instead of warchief? or it wont be that viable

Never tried blade flurry so I can't comment on that. However, the reason we don't use double strike is because our build doesn't have a ton of health, ( a down side of Fast clear for no money) so in-order to survive the content we face we must use whirling blades / our movement to get out of the way of most damage. It's why we have so much attack speed. Try to fit as many attacks in our given second(s) that the bosses give us. If you use Ruthless on bosses you shouldn't have any troubles.

If you try out blade flurry, let me know. Kinda curious.

Currently using BF with the links ( BF - Melee phys - Conc effect - Elemental dmg) and there's really no diff with Frostblades w/ ruthless in terms of damage (FB might be higher in dmg actually). One thing i noticed is the lifesteal I do when in BF which kinda helps when facetanking the boss but it crumbles when there are other mobs around. I say its not a big upgrade but it can be an alternative for warchief
Last edited by Archegaming on Jun 24, 2018, 5:44:48 AM
Once again I think its safe to say this build is at its peak for cost to performance for 3.3.

I'll try to get a updated variant for if your really wealthy and want to mix-max, but for now, this build is absoulutely fantastic. Expect the variant in 1-2 weeks. I want to make sure I really nail it before I put it out. It's also partially because I've decided to mostly stop playing POE again, so updating the build/thorycrafting is just something I do when I'm bored.
Last edited by Reloads on Jul 1, 2018, 2:47:33 AM
confused how is this generating frenzy charges? the claw wheel in teh up right that has as 25% chance to steal?
"
confused how is this generating frenzy charges? the claw wheel in teh up right that has as 25% chance to steal?

The claws we use give them to us for killing frozen enemies. If you are playing self-found and can't use the main claws just use the curse "Poacher's mark".
Ah thanks duh the claws do :P...

I tweaked this a bit and turned it into a hell of a Item quantity farmer with a couple of midtier ventors, goldwyrm boots, sadimas gloves, and adding blood rage with divination distillate flask with bisocs amu of course. Not to hard to max resist.
Stuck with a stygian belt and a cheap helmet with frost blade damage. Clears up to tier 11 pretty solidily and i barely ever switch off ancestral call and never the Item Quantity for more damage.

:P Very Fun build!
what can i do about being really squishy?
Can i use assassin mark instead of poacher mark sir
Last edited by tranphuccd on Jul 25, 2018, 12:03:50 AM
Seems like it'd worth it to get the curse onto an aura so you it'd help on 1 hits, either with Enlighten on the auras or putting one in Essence Worm. Messes with the budget of course, but if I don't re-spec over into autobomber I'm going to give that a try.
Hey, this is my first post. I started this game with 1 month left in Beastiay league, and the FrostBlades build was the first I did. I made mistakes last League, but I'm kinda hoping what I've got now is much better.
I'd really appreciate some feedback on what I could use instead of what I jave, or different skills/support gems.

At the moment I'm using a Devoto's helm, but I normally use Starknoja's, socketed with summon Ice Golem, Faster attacks, added cold dmg, and electrical dmg to attacks, or melee physical dmg support.
Ive seen some people use different support gems with their FrostBlades, I use FB, multistrike, ele dmg to attk, phy dmg to attk, faster attk, and cold pen. Is it better to use hypothermia, or frostbite?? My weapons vary from dual Bloodseekers, to a Bloodseeker, and a Touch of anguish. I find with the touch of anguish I don't leech life as good as with dual seekers, but the DPS is better, and I cut thru enemy resis alot better.

Also my passive tree I followed from a guide.

Any and all constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

I'll paste a link of my FB/Trickster (hoping I do it properly.) otherwise please just go Into my PoE profile, and look at my toon "IDunnoYou"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/2093747

:ADDED- I find even thou this isn't a beastly facetanker build, with the right gears setup/gem setup it's relatively easy to farm maps tier 1-14. I've been using Warlord's Mark with Whirling blades, and curse on hit to leech mass life from huge groups. It is a bit hard at times to kill certain bosses cause I can't seem to leech enough life. Also I'm fairly sure my gem setup isn't the same as most builds, but it's worked great thus far.
Another question is just cause belly has % to max life and all resis, wouldn't daresso's work better for the endur charge gain, life leech, and onslaught from having endurance charges?? W/o belly I still have 4.5k life, and I gain 70k dps a

Last edited by Blizasted on Aug 6, 2018, 9:54:41 AM
Duplicate post ignore.
Last edited by Reloads on Aug 9, 2018, 4:35:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info