[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

So I wanted to give feedback regarding this build.

Here is my current gear and tree:

https://pastebin.com/13iKXFzK

I am on level 94. It only took me a week to get to 92 following your instructions. I've beaten all guardian bosses easily. I haven't attempted Shaper or Elder. I used molten strike to level until it was worth it to find groups with a claw providing life on hit.

I have 8864 ES and 1440 unreserved life with 1044 reserved life at lvl 94. And I do not have a Watcher's Eye yet, which would increase my ES around 800 more. With a LL RF guardian in my group I'm over 14k, and with the Watcher's Eye gem, it can be over 15k, and thats before another 2k given from spirit offerings.

I use two hallowed flasks, I have a coruscating flask (which I don't really need), but does provide additional survivability in at high chaos dmg spots, and a topaz and sapphire flask. The immunity to poison pantheon is highly useful.

The most expensive piece of gear here to start is the presence of chayula. It is not hard to get enough elemental and chaos resists on gear if you know how to shop. I would dare to say that when creating this build, the only advice that was vastly overlooked was the value of % increased maximum life on jewels, as well as life on rings and a belt. It's not hard to get. And it doesn't just increase your pool to survive chaos damage, it increases your ES total through conversion from the presence of chayula. Your life pool does matter. The only decent lab enchant I have is on my Sin Trek Boots. I don't have a reduced mana reserved from grace, determination, or haste from the lab which would reduce my reserved life by about 300 more. The "light" enchant on gloves would also be useful.

I would say that this Victario build is wayyy smarter than a Blood Magic one and I don't know why anyone in their right mind would do this. It's just asking to die. Aspects can be given by any other party member, and unless you are going to wear gear to maximize it, it might not be worth it just to craft it on your gear.

My biggest gripe is the actual value and usefulness of this build and Victario's in general as compared to Shavronnes. And the only reason I mention this is because I ran with such guardian aurabot using Shavronnes last night. My auras with lvl 20/20 purities in Victario's that I brought we're 84% resist to the party and so were his. He put his lvl 21/20 purities in his Alpha's Howl and got to keep that buff for himself. We are stranded at 75/75/76 unless someone buff's us, and the ONLY way it is worth it to give purity of fire/light/ice in Victarios is if you have 21/20 gems and a corrupted +1 victarios to give lvl 23 purities. Now, IF you can afford that...

You can give a 87% resists through purities alone, which is awesome, but you still keep no resists for yourself. If you want to be strong, you need someone to give you purities, or you run around dodging, staying in range of the party. The issue is, not only do you need someone to give you purities back (which pretty much no one does other than another aurabot), you also don't give multiple powerful curses.

In the end, there are really only 3 auras that you want on generosity (anger, wrath, hatred), and maybe haste. You want purity of fire/light/cold for yourself, as well as disc, vitality, grace, and determination. So, in the end, is the Victario's REALLY worth it? You spend the money for all the auras, which you would have to do anyway, but you also need a +1 corrupted Victarios just for it to even matter for the party that you have Victarios. Otherwise, your purity auras that you don't even keep to yourself, are only 84% and are the same strength as a shavronnes user. Now you could give Haste in the Victario's instead, but then you are really sluggish.

Now CWDT + desecrate + spirit offerini

Now, don't get me wrong, this COULD be a hardcore viable build if you use some life in your build. And it could be the best support in the game. BUT, you'd have to run a very specific comp for it to be worth. You'd probably want to run with a guardian to give the regen, armor, and ES buff, and you'd probably want that guy to bring all three purity auras too. You wouldn't want that guy to be a pure support obviously, most like a cly specific build to benefit ideally from this guy. Otherwise, I think you just go shavronnes endgame and put anger wrath hatred on lvl 20 generosity, and put the 3 elemental purities in alpha's howl.
e'd rather get the +1 Victarios and give 87% purity resists, and require a very specific party comp, or just get a Shavronnes. To me, a Shavronnes is better if you don't plan on running with a specific group, or just two people. This build is better if you run a specific party composition, but the only way to pull that off is with a +1 victarios and level 21/20 purity of fire/light/ice. Thoughts?
Last edited by Zindax on Apr 15, 2018, 9:39:25 PM
Well, what can I say: I do run a +1 Victario's.

I know what you mean though. Big Ele hits pose the only Danger to me.
Minus max. Resists and +100% of Phys as Ele Damage are dangerous Map mods, which I have to be aware of.

Other than that the only Thing I really dont want to go in T15+ is no regeneration.

That beeing said I find the missing Purities on me not to be a problem, exept for Uber-Atziri and Uber Elder.
For Atziri I need a Ruby Flask with dousing, so the Ignite doesnt burn me down and for Elder I switch Purity of Ice into Alphas and stock up 3 Sapphire Flasks. Seriously that is a shit fight.

I dont understand how the Shapers Balls are just one-shotting with 11k EHP at 75% Resists.
But apparently thats compelling Game Design.

So we got Hugh Fire Hit's from Atziri, HUGH Ice Hits from the Uber-Elder and they would do it too with Lightning, but then the spikey nature of Lightning Damage would make it impossible on Hardcore, so that doesnt matter...

TL;DR Big Ele Dmg is problematic, pretty much immortal to everthing else.
"
Karunga wrote:
Well, what can I say: I do run a +1 Victario's.

I know what you mean though. Big Ele hits pose the only Danger to me.
Minus max. Resists and +100% of Phys as Ele Damage are dangerous Map mods, which I have to be aware of.

Other than that the only Thing I really dont want to go in T15+ is no regeneration.

That beeing said I find the missing Purities on me not to be a problem, exept for Uber-Atziri and Uber Elder.
For Atziri I need a Ruby Flask with dousing, so the Ignite doesnt burn me down and for Elder I switch Purity of Ice into Alphas and stock up 3 Sapphire Flasks. Seriously that is a shit fight.

I dont understand how the Shapers Balls are just one-shotting with 11k EHP at 75% Resists.
But apparently thats compelling Game Design.

So we got Hugh Fire Hit's from Atziri, HUGH Ice Hits from the Uber-Elder and they would do it too with Lightning, but then the spikey nature of Lightning Damage would make it impossible on Hardcore, so that doesnt matter...

TL;DR Big Ele Dmg is problematic, pretty much immortal to everthing else.

Thank you for responding. I did think your character was awesome to build as and I'm still a fan. It was incredibly efficient and fast to level as, and very easy to find parties. And from a personal taste perspective, I like your decision not to run blood magic with a Victario's and I believe that the rest of the builds are making a mistake that do that. BM should be for Shavronne's. I don't even use my coruscating elixer, and I hope you'll look into the theory of a jewel with +% increased max Energy shield as well as +% increased max life. They are not hard to find, are quite affordable, and make the threat of chaos damage considerably less. Maybe the BM Victario builds out there are more skilled at popping coruscating, but I'd rather not touch that. I have enough life where I almost find that popping it puts me in a more precarious situation than I was in before.

Yeah, and those are the mods that give us the biggest problem. Now, I think if you run with a LL RF guardian in your party, they love you, and you make each other immortal. I would say this build is a purist build. You are going for straight up making your auras the best. No curses, no Aspects of the Avian or Spider, though we could add them, but because we don't bring those buffs better than anyone else, we don't bother. I use CWDT + Desecrate + Spirit Offering + Immortal Call on Boots, and Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration on Gloves. I like that freedom, and while Vaal Auras can't be used on some bosses, it does seem that if anyone should bring them, it's the scion aurabot with bonus to skill duration in our ascendancy.

Now, the Shavronnes build will go Anger + Wrath + Hatred + Generosity + Enhance + Empower in their chest (if they can get the helm enchant), so its not like their auras are that bad. But, they do need a 6L for that, and several lvl 4 enhance gems to go with their build. They will not be able to run all of the auras, take advantage of offerings, and run vaal auras. Shavronnes isn't bad. I would probably choose it over this build, or at least not put the three purities in my chest for a 2 man party or 3 man party. There are so many more builds that can be carried if you don't give away your purity auras. I do think this guy is the more useful aura guy to bring though in a 6 man party, especially if you have the right party to compliment this character. I did ask several in game friends which upgrade path they would prefer to go in. I did not receive a definite answer.

Now I would say that its not hard to find parties or 6 man groups. But it is harder to have a designated 6 man group that is ideal for it to justify this build to be superior to a Shavronnes build. It is a matter of personal preference. Not having the +1 victarios yet, I do get jealous that a shavronnes support gives 84% purities which are no worse than mine, and they get to keep those auras. But hopefully, that will soon change.

Anyway, I thought you deserved a bump here. And I thought other people might want to hear another experience with this build.
Last edited by Zindax on Apr 16, 2018, 2:18:58 AM
great build and guide! Currently lvl 93 on BestiaryHC chaining T13-15 on roughly 6k ES.
Have yet to get a presence and some steppan eards for those pesky desecrated ground maps.

Thanks for making the guide, it's a blast playing this and trippling everyone's DPS

EDIT: also I found it extremely pleasant to lvl as scion solo with skelly mages & solar guards as double 5L in tabula. Easy breezy.
Last edited by bashu on Apr 16, 2018, 5:18:52 AM
Do you mind if I ask how you got the +1 Victario's, and how much do you think it would be to either buy it or craft it?
"
Zindax wrote:
Do you mind if I ask how you got the +1 Victario's, and how much do you think it would be to either buy it or craft it?

Bought it for 7Ex in the First Week. Was lucky, someone 6-Socketed, colored and vaaled it for a Build but then saw that the Build needs other colors, so he thought it was bricked.

You can also buy up decently roled ones and vaal them your self, the price is usually around 2-5c Week 2 but tends to rise later on on the ones with good roles.
I dont try that however, I have maps to run and can't be bothered whispering people every 10 minutes.
I have a couple of questions, as I've never run an aurabot, and I like a lot of your guide.
#1 if I run EE, is it really worth it still to add the dmg aura of the corresponding element (like if I run ball lightning for EE, should I still run wrath?)? And if no, is there something else you would advise placing in?

#2 How do you feel about Blood of Corruption as a temp while you save for the chayula neck? gluttony of elements seems fairly good, and the chaos res is decent, but the minus all res worries me.

Love the build, and if I can wrangle a friend or two to play with in the 3.3 league, then I will probably play this. Thanks for going so in depth on everything.
"
Saiucrozier wrote:
I have a couple of questions, as I've never run an aurabot, and I like a lot of your guide.
#1 if I run EE, is it really worth it still to add the dmg aura of the corresponding element (like if I run ball lightning for EE, should I still run wrath?)? And if no, is there something else you would advise placing in?

#2 How do you feel about Blood of Corruption as a temp while you save for the chayula neck? gluttony of elements seems fairly good, and the chaos res is decent, but the minus all res worries me.

Love the build, and if I can wrangle a friend or two to play with in the 3.3 league, then I will probably play this. Thanks for going so in depth on everything.

Hi there.
Well what you run should always depend with who you support. If you exclusivly support one or two builds, just tailor your Auras to fit them the best you can.
I support 3 Friends which usually also twink later in the game, so I want to be flexible.
For me the best situation would be to have 1-2 white sockets in the Victariou's, so I can take out a useless DMG Aura and switch in Empower istead on the occasion.

In regards to the Amulet:
I find Blood of Corruption a cheap gimmick.
Vaal Grace already gives you ~70% Chance to dodge whatever damage and with enough killspee its almost always up.
I usually run with Shapers Seed while saving up, The Pandemonius is also a fine support Item.

In generel MAX THAT CHAOS RESIST and have fun
1st of all awesome guide my first time playing aurabot. I started as blood magic and it was awful I keep dieing to chaos. But once I switch to this build it was a smooth sailing ride. So thank you ❤️.
2ndly I was planning to go aurabot as a league starter, I know it is not suggested. I have few friends who I plan to party with but I was curious is there any way to level this build as a solo league starter even if it is slow.
"
soham02 wrote:
1st of all awesome guide my first time playing aurabot. I started as blood magic and it was awful I keep dieing to chaos. But once I switch to this build it was a smooth sailing ride. So thank you ❤️.
2ndly I was planning to go aurabot as a league starter, I know it is not suggested. I have few friends who I plan to party with but I was curious is there any way to level this build as a solo league starter even if it is slow.

I would absolutly suggest playing this as a league starter - although with friends.

Well, im pretty sure you can Play this as a Minion Build easily.
Like SRS+Zombies. Totems will work too I guess, your near that Keystone aswell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info