[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
how quick is the cyclone variant of the build supposed to be? i am relatively new so im not too familiar with some other statistics, but my movespeed goes down to -7 when i cyclone. the only other item i see that gives movespeed that i dont have is devoto's devotion. does this help that much? do we get faster with anything else?

thanks and sorry if its a dumb question

You can get easily up to 30% mov speed on boots. That's a good base.
There's also the recommended bronn's lithe that gives another 10% (and is cheap)
And of course, then, you have the devoto, that is a bit expensive right now.

You also have a buff called "onslaught" that gives you 20% movement and attack speed. It's a very nice buff, so I put an onslaught support gem in my chest during all the leveling. There are plenty other ways to benefit this buff though.
Switched over to cyclone. My god. What a difference.

It's hands down just straight up better than the other two.

Only thing I can't figure out is the 6l gems. Is the guixd setup still up to date??
"
illuminate89 wrote:

Only thing I can't figure out is the 6l gems. Is the guixd setup still up to date??

Does Cyclone do so much more damage? I really like Tectonic Slam after trying it out. The skills look so nice.
"
illuminate89 wrote:

I saved his answer from 4 pages back:

"At this point:

Cyclone + Infused Channeling + Elemental Damage with Attack + Fortify + Melee Physical (or Concentrated for Bossing) + Pulverise (or Close Combat for bossing)"

i like having Close Combat instead of pulverize because most of the recommended unique chests are green gem heavy. Getting 4 reds would be a pain.
Atm i am running Cyclone-> Infused-> Elemental Damage-> Fortify-> Close Combat. (5l Carcass Jack).
"
1onAge wrote:
"
illuminate89 wrote:

Does Cyclone do so much more damage? I really like Tectonic Slam after trying it out. The skills look so nice.

Cyclone just seems smoother. The leeched life comes in a steady stream instead of huge chunks. Plus with cyclone i don't have to worry about end charge generation. Personal opinion, don't know which has the biggest damage potential.
Yep pretty much what Zah said, it just feels extremely smooth.

Has anyone tested Rage? Seems very strong and we get up to 20-30 stacks quite quickly?
"
mazens wrote:
Hi

First of all great guide i use it alot.
I have a question i managed to find a shroud of the lightless is it possible to use it in this build for cyclone setup ? with gem should i replace if so as it can have 5 skill gems ?

Regards /mats

Yes you can use Lightless. Drop the 6th gems in the 6L setup.

"
Draekan wrote:
The PoB says to use Herald of Ash/Anger/Elemental Weakness, but the gems section of the OP says to use Herald of Ash/Flammability/Sand+Blood.

Which is correct?

POB is not as updated as the guide. Always refer to the guide for the most updated gems setup.

As for Anger / Elemental Weakness, it is only used when you have the recommended Watcher's Eye and you get Elemental Weakness from gloves corruption.

"
zahlanzi wrote:

war banner? i am interested in the answer as well

Only useful if you go EO. And the thing that you really benefit from is the accuracy. For that, the new Precision gem is better.

"
illuminate89 wrote:
@Kira, I know it is going off the theme of this build but is it possible to dual wield if we decide to go something other than Ngamahu's axe? Like is there any major dps gain?

EDIT: I'm playing around with Con Path build at the moment. Looking at the 6th link gem, so far I have this Con Path / Melee Physical / Conc Effect / Elemental Focus / Fortify.

However, with 6L it suggests the best DPS is without Faster attacks. Do you just run Faster attacks because it feels better with Con Path at a slightly less DPS?

If you dual wield, you will want to go pure physical impale setup.

Faster Attack makes playing Consecrated Path smoother. Which is why I have it linked. If you find without faster attack plays fine for you, you can opt for a more dps gem instead.

"
1onAge wrote:
Hey, I am just following your guide using the Uber Lab tree and Consecrated Path gems. I am now Lv 46 and hitting a wall with Act 7 boss Maligaro. She is just destroying me. I am a bit unsure if it is my damage output or the leveling equipment of that I am underleveled (the monsters are Lv 51 I think). Any suggestions on how to move forward using the build?

Not sure if you are using either Molten Strike or Sunder for leveling. Those 2 skills makes it easy to get to level 55.

"
Asatas wrote:
Hmm. Skilltree: Should we pick Singular Focus now that Cyclone is channeled?
Drop the Thick Skin branch, Ancestral knowledge if you can afford it, and some life nodes? Trading some life for speed and dmg. hmmm... not sure if trap

Don't think it is worth it but you can definitely try it out. :)

"
SpaceGinger wrote:
Hey Kira,thanks for the build! I'm having a ton of fun following the cyclone EO tree. Quick question though - is Loreweave better than Bronn for cyclone EO? I have a decent Bronn but am unsure if I should buy a Loreweave as an upgrade.

Thanks again!

Bronn is king for Cyclone. Nothing come close in terms of damage output. :)

"
Jdorty wrote:
I'm a bit confused between the Recommended Gear and Gems Setup>Helm/Gloves/Boots sections. Under recommended gear you have Tombfist and Watcher's Eye with Enlighten, HoA, Anger. Under Gems you have Flammability, HoA, Blasphemy, and Blood and Sand.

I do see you mention "Tombfist with Curse Enemies with Level 10 - 12 Elemental Weakness On Hit allows you to drop Flammability curse." But is that saying you HAVE to have that to run Tombfist? Why isn't it mentioned at all in the gems section? Why doesn't the Tombfist version run Blasphemy or BaS?

Edit:

Also, what is the best way to get endurance charges on the RT Cyclone version of the build without having to run Enduring Cry? It is shown as optional, but I don't see a built in/passive way of generating charges on that version of the build.

Recommended gears will require you to have the mentioned items for it to work properly.

For league starter, follow the gems setup shown in the guide because you can easily afford that.

It can be any gloves with Curse on Hit corruption but Tombfist is the BIS gloves for attack builds. You will definitely want that as your endgame gloves. Especially when it rolled 2 abyssal sockets.

Red Dream jewel will help you generate endurance charges.

Otherwise you can link Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to Leap Slam.

Picking up Discipline of the Unyielding is another option.

Likewise for Charging Offensive.

"
PhoPhukLai671 wrote:
I'm alittle bit confused by your PoB. How are you generating endurance charges on the Uber Lab RT - 100 build?

See my reply above.

"
illuminate89 wrote:

Gems section was updated 2 days back and I just got it updated again. I made it simpler for new comers to understand.

"
1onAge wrote:

Try it. Cyclone is finally what it is supposed to be. :)

"
illuminate89 wrote:
Yep pretty much what Zah said, it just feels extremely smooth.

Has anyone tested Rage? Seems very strong and we get up to 20-30 stacks quite quickly?

Check the gems section. I just did another round of update. It takes 20 seconds to ram up to 50 stacks.

P.S. I did another update on the gems to make it simpler.
LOVE IT!
Hit 49 yesterday and ready for Kitava, have been Cyclone since lv30ish, used SUNDER before that, mostly because it's incredibly OP and fun!
I have a lv100 Ngamahus flame axe I picked up for 5c last night with 200% inc phys and 11% attack. rolled 15 jewelers and hit 5 sockets and said that will work for now. Got GGBBR and that seems like it will work nicely til I make some jewelers and roll the 6.
It is sitting in stash with the gems just waiting until 55... I can't wait!
Been using wideswing for now and deathless, innocence almost got me.
Never played melee at Izaro, he seemed confused and the goddess didn't even fire. Have great luck traveling CCW because everyone is right handed.
Build just feels right, I CAN NOT wait to get that ax firing!
Haven't worried about anything but resistances, gem links and sockets.
Life is fine (Think I just hit 2000) and I have very little on gear, so after Kitava, I will shop for new stuff with life.

Thanks for the great build, I only see it getting MUCH stronger and honestly, I have felt strong the whole time!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Any one able to provide tips on my next best gear piece? I'm trying to 5L/6L a Bronn atm however no idea what else to get.
"
It can be any gloves with Curse on Hit corruption but Tombfist is the BIS gloves for attack builds. You will definitely want that as your endgame gloves. Especially when it rolled 2 abyssal sockets.

Red Dream jewel will help you generate endurance charges.

Otherwise you can link Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to Leap Slam.

Picking up Discipline of the Unyielding is another option.

Likewise for Charging Offensive.

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

I saw the Red Dream option, but it was too expensive for me in League currently. I'll probably go with charges on melee stun, but I couldn't find "Discipline of the Unyielding" or "Charging Offensive" through either the wiki or google.

Wait, just found Charging Offensive in the skill tree, just not listed on wiki.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info