[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

It's Disciple of the Unyielding.
Thanks for the build man, killed Shaper and Uber Elder for the first time last night in Softcore Legion. Cheers!
I am correct to assume Tombfist needs the Implicit on it. The Elemental Weakness one that is.
Cyclone is so much better than TS. Pog
Are tombfist still the bis gloves to use now that there is no AS on them anymore?
Just want to pop into this thread to say thanks for the work kira. My chief is currently a different tec slam build that I'm not too in love with, but after looking this over I think I'm going to eat some regrets, grab a Ngamahu, and start spinning to victory.

I do have one question and I'm sure it's been asked before: Why does the build take projectile damage keystones like Point Blank and Iron Grip? Is it just for the Molten Burst proc on the axe?

Edit: Yup, saw that was the answer in the OP.
Last edited by Anoregon on Jun 12, 2019, 8:49:29 PM
A question about the cyclone build:

How tanky is it, its able to facetank some t11+ stuff atleast? Does it have more survivibility then a cyclone slayer?
Even when using nghamus flame: is the pure cyclone damage enough to do legion monoliths on t10/t11 without problems?
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
LOVE IT!
Hit 49 yesterday and ready for Kitava, have been Cyclone since lv30ish, used SUNDER before that, mostly because it's incredibly OP and fun!
I have a lv100 Ngamahus flame axe I picked up for 5c last night with 200% inc phys and 11% attack. rolled 15 jewelers and hit 5 sockets and said that will work for now. Got GGBBR and that seems like it will work nicely til I make some jewelers and roll the 6.
It is sitting in stash with the gems just waiting until 55... I can't wait!
Been using wideswing for now and deathless, innocence almost got me.
Never played melee at Izaro, he seemed confused and the goddess didn't even fire. Have great luck traveling CCW because everyone is right handed.
Build just feels right, I CAN NOT wait to get that ax firing!
Haven't worried about anything but resistances, gem links and sockets.
Life is fine (Think I just hit 2000) and I have very little on gear, so after Kitava, I will shop for new stuff with life.

Thanks for the great build, I only see it getting MUCH stronger and honestly, I have felt strong the whole time!

Glad you are enjoying the build. :)

"
illuminate89 wrote:
Any one able to provide tips on my next best gear piece? I'm trying to 5L/6L a Bronn atm however no idea what else to get.

A ring with -# mana will be huge upgrade for you. You pretty much can cyclone across the map without running out of mana.

Besides Bronn, Tombfist and rare elder amulet will be the next upgrade you can look into.

"
Thanks for the build man, killed Shaper and Uber Elder for the first time last night in Softcore Legion. Cheers!

Congrats on the Uber Elder kill!

"
Crusader226 wrote:
I am correct to assume Tombfist needs the Implicit on it. The Elemental Weakness one that is.

Good to have. It is optional.

"
kyoshinrei wrote:
Are tombfist still the bis gloves to use now that there is no AS on them anymore?

Yes. 10% more damage from gloves with 2 x damage abyssal jewels. That is a lot of dps from 1 slot.

"
Anoregon wrote:
Just want to pop into this thread to say thanks for the work kira. My chief is currently a different tec slam build that I'm not too in love with, but after looking this over I think I'm going to eat some regrets, grab a Ngamahu, and start spinning to victory.

I do have one question and I'm sure it's been asked before: Why does the build take projectile damage keystones like Point Blank and Iron Grip? Is it just for the Molten Burst proc on the axe?

Edit: Yup, saw that was the answer in the OP.

The balls from Ngamahu's Flame are projectiles and those nodes will greatly buff the damage on them.

"
Enterich wrote:
A question about the cyclone build:

How tanky is it, its able to facetank some t11+ stuff atleast? Does it have more survivibility then a cyclone slayer?
Even when using nghamus flame: is the pure cyclone damage enough to do legion monoliths on t10/t11 without problems?

It can do Uber Elder so I don't see any problem when it comes to handling T11 maps. :)
Im not the expertin dodging stuff :(

Played the slayer variant on betrayal 3.5 , i died quite fast on several t11 map bosses. With 6,5k hp and vaal pact.

Is the jugg tree damage atleast somethat compareable with the chief tree? Maybe ill try it, sounds better in terms of survivibility.
I was able to bum a few regrets off a buddy last night to finish my respec, as well as getting a Tabula from a prophecy, and I immediately liked this build more than the tec slam build I had been playing. It is fun to be a fiery tornado throwing little lava balls all around. I have a lot of work to do on gear now that I have the basics (the axe, 75 all resists, and running RT since my accuracy is poop) so I am looking forward to my continued trek through the atlas and gearing up.
Last edited by Anoregon on Jun 13, 2019, 11:27:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info