[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Hey guys! I want to say I am sorry for not reading through the last 177 pages of this build before posting my question here. :D

So here it comes:

Did they change "Molten Burst"? I used to be some kind of Fireballs but now it says "Molten Burst" but basically shoots "Molten Strike" for me. I have googled around and haven't found any changes or logs or any other post about that.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance and stay healthy !

Cheers
"
skeeks wrote:
Hey guys! I want to say I am sorry for not reading through the last 177 pages of this build before posting my question here. :D

So here it comes:

Did they change "Molten Burst"? I used to be some kind of Fireballs but now it says "Molten Burst" but basically shoots "Molten Strike" for me. I have googled around and haven't found any changes or logs or any other post about that.

Did I miss something?

Cheers

I noticed the same thing. I haven't played ngamahu or molten strike since legacy. Even molten strike looked different than I remembered. Looked at wiki for changelogs>

Molten Strike
The visual effects have been improved.

Maybe this? Not sure. Been so long maybe it's just me seeing something different.

edit: molten strike projectiles according to wiki share same properties and mechanics as molten burst (im assuming visual as well)
Last edited by _SpAz_ on Jan 17, 2021, 8:49:18 PM
"
skeeks wrote:

So here it comes:

Did I miss something?

Cheers

As stated by @_SpAz_, the visual effects between Molten Burst and Molten Strike is the same. :)

Honestly, I prefer the old visual. It look better.
Hi there :-)

So i just started the new league and thought this build looks awesome. I've followed it up to lvl 55 now and i love the axe.

I've noticed a few differences though. The % extra physical cannot get over 190%, but the sample you provide is 223%. Is the build still viable then?

Also, it's hard to find a good axe with 2 in each color. Can you recommend at least one gem in each color for like a stand in instead of the other if you can't get the exact axe?

Thank you for your answer, and have a nice evening/night/morning/what you are having in your part of the world :-)
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
skeeks wrote:

So here it comes:

Did I miss something?

Cheers

As stated by @_SpAz_, the visual effects between Molten Burst and Molten Strike is the same. :)

Honestly, I prefer the old visual. It look better.

Isn't Molten Burst supposed to shoot Fireball-like projectiles and not some slow flying Molten Strike balls? I even checked videos from ~1 year ago and it shot around balls of fire which went in a straight line. Or am I just imagining things now??
Check the video from "Path of Exile Builds" on YouTube called Path of Exile 3.13 - Fire Cyclone Build - Chieftain Marauder - PoE Ritual - PoE 3.13 .

The video was posted in June 2020. You can clearly see that it shoots Fireballs in a straight line.
"
Jakob1002 wrote:

So i just started the new league and thought this build looks awesome. I've followed it up to lvl 55 now and i love the axe.

I've noticed a few differences though. The % extra physical cannot get over 190%, but the sample you provide is 223%. Is the build still viable then?

Also, it's hard to find a good axe with 2 in each color. Can you recommend at least one gem in each color for like a stand in instead of the other if you can't get the exact axe?

Thank you for your answer, and have a nice evening/night/morning/what you are having in your part of the world :-)

Hey man !
So far, I am running tier ~7 maps and it feels pretty solid. I am quite tanky and got some nice damage going so I would say it is still viable. I also noticed the damage change though. I can't find any changelogs for this but they seemed to have nerfed it. At the very least, you can use this build to farm some currency to provide items for another build which is more expensive. So far, I am loving it - don't like the MoltenStrike aspect though.

If you dont get the prefered sockets, just socket anything that gives damage. A 6 socketed version should be easy to get. Every gem you socket in that is basically gem #5 or #6 is a bonus in damage. You can use anything that gives phys/elemental or fire damage. Just buy a bunch of gems which you think could work out, socket them in and check the damage. Once you are comfortable, you farm up some chromatic orbs and try to get your prefered sockets.

I hope this helps.

Cheers and stay healthy!
"
Jakob1002 wrote:

The base weapon damage got buffed so a 190% Ngamahu's Flame now will still do more damage than what it was.

Of course, with the buff to base weapon damage, those 200+% Ngamahu's Flame turned into legacy version.

It shouldn't be hard to get 2R2G2B on the axe. Just use 1 chrome at a time, or you can just use the crafting bench to get the 2 off colors crafted.

"
skeeks wrote:

Isn't Molten Burst supposed to shoot Fireball-like projectiles and not some slow flying Molten Strike balls? I even checked videos from ~1 year ago and it shot around balls of fire which went in a straight line. Or am I just imagining things now??
Check the video from "Path of Exile Builds" on YouTube called Path of Exile 3.13 - Fire Cyclone Build - Chieftain Marauder - PoE Ritual - PoE 3.13 .

The video was posted in June 2020. You can clearly see that it shoots Fireballs in a straight line.

Those fireballs are from his gloves enchantment. :)

"
skeeks wrote:

So far, I am running tier ~7 maps and it feels pretty solid. I am quite tanky and got some nice damage going so I would say it is still viable. I also noticed the damage change though. I can't find any changelogs for this but they seemed to have nerfed it. At the very least, you can use this build to farm some currency to provide items for another build which is more expensive. So far, I am loving it - don't like the MoltenStrike aspect though.

The axe didn't get nerfed. What you see is the legacy version which will never drop again. :)

The pdps back before 3.11 for a perfect roll was 430 pdps. A perfect rolled Ngamahu's flame after 3.11 is 438 pdps. So it was in fact a buff to the weapon.

What GGG did in 3.11 was to raise the base flat damage of the axe while lowering the physical % so that the axe will not get an insane buff.

As a result, we have legacy version of Ngamahu's Flame that has higher pdps but only 50% conversion instead of 60%.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Jakob1002 wrote:

The base weapon damage got buffed so a 190% Ngamahu's Flame now will still do more damage than what it was.

Of course, with the buff to base weapon damage, those 200+% Ngamahu's Flame turned into legacy version.

It shouldn't be hard to get 2R2G2B on the axe. Just use 1 chrome at a time, or you can just use the crafting bench to get the 2 off colors crafted.

"
skeeks wrote:

Those fireballs are from his gloves enchantment. :)

"
skeeks wrote:

The axe didn't get nerfed. What you see is the legacy version which will never drop again. :)

The pdps back before 3.11 for a perfect roll was 430 pdps. A perfect rolled Ngamahu's flame after 3.11 is 438 pdps. So it was in fact a buff to the weapon.

What GGG did in 3.11 was to raise the base flat damage of the axe while lowering the physical % so that the axe will not get an insane buff.

As a result, we have legacy version of Ngamahu's Flame that has higher pdps but only 50% conversion instead of 60%.

Okay, THANK YOU dear sir ! This is the explanation I needed. :D
Cheers and stay healthy !
How do you deal with stuns?
"
Hellanoid wrote:
How do you deal with stuns?

Couple of ways:

1. Get lots of life as more life = less chances to be stunned.

2. Get Unwavering Stance from skill tree (Heart of Oak).

3. Get avoid stun from influenced gears (Warlord gloves, Warlord or Elder boots)

4. Essence of Scorn crafting on gloves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info