Potential Forum Changes

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Yes, the Xbox One section will remain unchanged.

Oh! I’m sorry; I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying!

(Dodging the memes question, I see...)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Feb 18, 2018, 8:53:40 PM
On second thoughts, if you just want to clean the basic layout, an off topic 'tab' under Discussion might work. Tabs didn't exist when the forum was first designed; they might serve as a functional filter if you could toggle tabs for browsing rather than simply which one you want to see. Similar to the current in-game chat.

That's assuming you can't find it in your heart to euthanise Off-Topic.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
GGG using this site and not reddit would be the perfect start.

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
I have no opinion about this one. I don't get the point of having a thread for every skill gem in the first place. Is there anybody who actually follows all of these threads? Especially since they are sorted alphabetically and not by last post time, this seems like an extremely futile exercise.

I read every* post these. You can change the sorting to show 'most recent post' first; on the bottom, sort by Post Time -> Descending.
In fact, it's pretty much where I started my forum experience - by reading each and every post in those threads. Was great information, but probably a solid third is outdated now, haha. Really only Cyclone bucked the trend, what with it being 80%+ whining about desynch; ignored that thread until months after its release, utterly unbearable.

They are the most hyper-focused threads on the forum and as such are easily the best place to get highly specific information about certain Skills. I've filtered those threads to staff-only countless times to find quotes about dualwielding with Cleave and Dual Strike, 'cause that's a hot mess to remember. These days it's less so about dev posts, but there's a fairly consistent amount of questions and feedback there, with almost no off-topic nonsense.

"
I agree with wiping Off-Topic out of existence.

But, how will we discuss Warframe then? :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
I have no opinion about this one. I don't get the point of having a thread for every skill gem in the first place. Is there anybody who actually follows all of these threads? Especially since they are sorted alphabetically and not by last post time, this seems like an extremely futile exercise.

I read every* post these. You can change the sorting to show 'most recent post' first; on the bottom, sort by Post Time -> Descending.
In fact, it's pretty much where I started my forum experience - by reading each and every post in those threads. Was great information, but probably a solid third is outdated now, haha. Really only Cyclone bucked the trend, what with it being 80%+ whining about desynch; ignored that thread until months after its release, utterly unbearable.

They are the most hyper-focused threads on the forum and as such are easily the best place to get highly specific information about certain Skills. I've filtered those threads to staff-only countless times to find quotes about dualwielding with Cleave and Dual Strike, 'cause that's a hot mess to remember. These days it's less so about dev posts, but there's a fairly consistent amount of questions and feedback there, with almost no off-topic nonsense.

That's actually really great to hear, thanks. I've only been to the forum once or twice, I will definitely pay more attention to it from now on.
We won't, VM. I will cherish our memories...and await your ascension as a Guide of the Lotus.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 18, 2018, 9:03:34 PM
So the forum is getting nerfed ?

O.o
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
I am really sorry you may be sad if the decision to remove Off-Topic is made (although I doubt), Bex - I've read many awesome posts there (although mostly through devs' post history), but I feel getting rid of all this negativity is for the better. It not only attracts it, it also strikes back into non-negative people who read it (don't tell me I can just stop visiting).

I fully agree with the quote below but I'd rather not explain my feelings further.

"
it's not necessary and attracts far more vitriol and conflict than we ever needed or wanted.

It's just a waste of PoE Support resources to be called in to mediate discussions and debates that have nothing to do with PoE.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
I just want show all of my support titles :(
Dont worry, last friday Bex said they were working on a badge system

So you will be able to show more of your parent's support titles

Lmao
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
my primary criticism here is the item display cabinet, without flooding general with item finds etc these sorts of posts need a home, a place where people can view "finds of the day"
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info