Potential Forum Changes

Make the badge system come out faster Bex =(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Make the badge system come out faster Bex =(

Hehe, I don't quite have that power but I have put it on my list of things to badger people about once the 3.2.0 crunch is out of the way.
yay!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
You make a good point in that that could be quite confusing for newcomers to know the difference between these guides. I'll rethink that part.

Right, got it. Thank you for the clarification. And yes, that does seem like it could get confusing. My suggestion about making build guides more prominent while you're changing things stands.

I also agree with the people wanting off topic removed, for what it's worth.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Sorry but my feedback will have to be mostly negative.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
the first one we wanted to address is the staleness of some subsections of the forum

Yet many of the forums you are proposing to merge are among the most active forum sections.

"
condensing broad topics into fewer categories for more focused discussion.

How is that going to result in more focused discussion exactly? If anything, merging unrelated sections just dilutes the discussion topics with threads that the visitors have no interest in. The more specific the forum section is, the more focused the discussion can be.

"
Help and Information would merge with Technical Support and be renamed 'Account Help & Information/Technical Support'

The last thread on the first page of these two forums is from three and one days ago, respectively. Do you believe that either of these sections are "stale"?

Further, people who are capable of helping with gameplay-related problems and people with technical expertise are frequently not the same. Merging the forums would make somebody like me have to skip over half of the posts where I can provide no relevant input. Threads which I am actually qualified to answer would drop off to the later pages more quickly.

"
Gameplay Help & Guides would move to the 'Help' subcategory.

GH&D has become the unofficial "gameplay mechanic discussion" section. I am not sure that labeling it under Help is accurate.

Do I understand correctly that there will be no more "Discussion" section? Is everything going to be encompassed under News, Help, Feedback, and Community? If so, which section should the mentioned mechanics discussion topics belong to?

"
The Skill Gem Feedback, Support Gem Feedback will be merged into one topic 'Skill & Support Gem Feedback'.

I have no opinion about this one. I don't get the point of having a thread for every skill gem in the first place. Is there anybody who actually follows all of these threads? Especially since they are sorted alphabetically and not by last post time, this seems like an extremely futile exercise.

"
Art and Audio Feedback would be replaced by stickied threads in the 'Feedback and Suggestions' forum.

This makes sense. I agree that A&AF is pretty much a dead section.

"
General Discussion would become simply 'Discussion' and encompass Gameplay, Hideouts, Community Showcase and other miscellaneous topics.

This is perhaps the worst possible example of the diffusion I was talking about above. Why exactly do you want to have "Talk about new league mechanics", "Check out my hideout", and "Subscribe to my youtube channel" all in one place?

Merging all the sections currently under Community makes some degree of sense (although I believe that Guild Recruitment should have a separate section due to the volume of threads in it); but I don't see why you would lump General Discussion (which tends to be specifically about in-game matters) together with it.

Once again, I am concerned about the lack of explicit space for game mechanics/theorycrafting discussions, i.e. that which is currently covered by the Gameplay Help & Discussion forum.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi!

Don’t you owe us new memes? :(

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
  • Account Help & Information/Technical Support

Please don’t have this written in stone until Support have a good idea of (1) how many sticky threads there’ll be, and (2) what those threads will look like. I understand the idea here, but make sure it’s practical. And while you condense things, maybe rethink the name?

My vote goes to Information and Technical Support. Even that’s on the long end of the spectrum...

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
  • Xbox One

I do not agree with this; I think the console sections are currently good as they are.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
  • The Skill Gem Feedback, Support Gem Feedback will be merged into one topic 'Skill & Support Gem Feedback'.

Is even that worth having?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Before we make the above changes, we want to check in with you to see if you have any feedback or requests regarding this shift.

Appreciate it!
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

"
General Discussion would become simply 'Discussion' and encompass Gameplay, Hideouts, Community Showcase and other miscellaneous topics.

This is perhaps the worst possible example of the diffusion I was talking about above. Why exactly do you want to have "Talk about new league mechanics", "Check out my hideout", and "Subscribe to my youtube channel" all in one place?

Merging all the sections currently under Community makes some degree of sense (although I believe that Guild Recruitment should have a separate section due to the volume of threads in it); but I don't see why you would lump General Discussion (which tends to be specifically about in-game matters) together with it.

i agree, its going to be a massive spam fest, gen discussion should be left alone and maybe lump the others in another sub category?
"
Ashriel wrote:
Who cares, you still won't listen to valid feedback.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeep
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Sarno wrote:

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
  • Xbox One

I do not agree with this; I think the console sections are currently good as they are.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
  • The Skill Gem Feedback, Support Gem Feedback will be merged into one topic 'Skill & Support Gem Feedback'.

Is even that worth having?

Yes, the Xbox One section will remain unchanged.

The main reason for keeping the Skill And Support Gem Feedback section separate is that our developers still find this a very useful way to track and monitor discussion about these topics.
"
Ashriel wrote:
Who cares, you still won't listen to valid feedback.

Too bad GGG nerfed Ignite into oblivions because this could have been a real BURN
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info