Potential Forum Changes

"
D3izhistory wrote:
my primary criticism here is the item display cabinet, without flooding general with item finds etc these sorts of posts need a home, a place where people can view "finds of the day"

I was wondering about this too. I can certainly see how it would become frustrating in General Discussion. Originally this topic was created to get item lotteries out of General Discussion but they don't seem to be very popular anymore. Perhaps we'll keep this one separate just in case.
Sounds pretty good!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:
my primary criticism here is the item display cabinet, without flooding general with item finds etc these sorts of posts need a home, a place where people can view "finds of the day"

I was wondering about this too. I can certainly see how it would become frustrating in General Discussion. Originally this topic was created to get item lotteries out of General Discussion but they don't seem to be very popular anymore. Perhaps we'll keep this one separate just in case.

ty 4 listening
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Iangyratu wrote:
I am really sorry you may be sad if the decision to remove Off-Topic is made (although I doubt), Bex - I've read many awesome posts there (although mostly through devs' post history), but I feel getting rid of all this negativity is for the better. It not only attracts it, it also strikes back into non-negative people who read it (don't tell me I can just stop visiting).

I fully agree with the quote below but I'd rather not explain my feelings further.

"
it's not necessary and attracts far more vitriol and conflict than we ever needed or wanted.

It's just a waste of PoE Support resources to be called in to mediate discussions and debates that have nothing to do with PoE.

Agreed, we need not explore the deeper issues. But I do want to point out that I'm fairly sure Iangyratu and I have clashed in the past. If people who have clashed about something can agree that it'd be a good thing to remove a potential trigger for clashes, then I think that's pretty solid evidence it might be time.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 18, 2018, 10:12:20 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
cybershell wrote:
Please, make profiles visible by default, because mostly newbs have real problem to find this checkbox in profile->Privacy. Its kinda hard to find profile link too. Thanks!

I'll pass your suggestion onto the team.

Please don't change the default privacy settings again, just make them easier to find if that's the issue.

Or if you do change it, please do it in a way that doesn't change our current privacy settings.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Agreed, we need not explore the deeper issues. But I do want to point out that I'm fairly sure Iangyratu and I have clashed in the past. If people who have clashed about something can agree that it'd be a good thing to remove a potential trigger for clashes, then I think that's pretty solid evidence it might be time.

I rarely even post when disagree with anyone or would commit a negative post, but if it helps the case, I may pretend we did. :P
Now I am wondering if people confuse me with someone...

...I hope I'll finally remember where race rules are when they're moved/linked somewhere else :) (and that they will still be needed)

E: No problem. Not angryatu :)
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Last edited by Iangyratu on Feb 18, 2018, 10:26:58 PM
Shit, sorry. Fixed.

Well that's me for the thread. Hope this all goes well. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

• General Discussion would become simply 'Discussion' and encompass Gameplay, Hideouts, Community Showcase and other miscellaneous topics.
  • Item Display Cabinet would be removed.

Agree with everything except these two.

1. General Discussion will now be a clusterfuck. It is bad enough as it is, and merging other subforums into this doesn't seem like a good idea.

2. The Item Display Cabinet seems to get used quite a bit. Where will all those posts go now?
"
I just want show all of my support titles :(

Thank you! I NEED to show all my support titles! Please add this in so I can continue to support GGG while also displaying off the awesome titles <3
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
https://steamcommunity.com/id/MickeyDankMouse/
-MickeyDankMouse™-
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

• Item Display Cabinet would be removed.

Noooooo :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info