Potential Forum Changes

Hi!

While we’re chatting about making changes to the forum, I’d like to bring something else to your attention. Namely I believe that the Community Managers should be monitoring bug reports.

Currently when someone posts in Bug Reports and it is determined that they are mistaken, it appears that this is brushed off as “oh, that’s wrong” and the thread is moved to Gameplay Help and Discussion. At first glance, this section seems like an appropriate destination for it.

However I think the Raider’s Quartz Infusion is proof that this approach has room for improvement. You see, QI gives players Phasing for a short period of time in various different circumstances. This is implemented as a stat sheet change, not a buff - and the resulting lack of visual feedback sees QI being the subject of bug reports on an almost weekly basis.

When the “it’s working as intended” implementation convinces so many players that the ascendancy node straight up isn’t functional, I would hope that this would be viewed by the company as critical feedback pertaining to the usability of the node and the intuitiveness of the current design. However I’m not sure if GH&D is a section of the forums which the CMs frequent, and I am concerned that this substantial volume of feedback is slipping through the cracks.

There’s other examples of this, too - such as Kaom’s Roots and movement speed modifiers like Tarred Ground. In my view these are unintuitive stumbling blocks for new players which could harm new player retention. Despite being frequently posted about, they seem to fly under the radar.

I’m not aware of an elegant solution to this. Maybe add a Not Bugged tag to Bug Reports and have the forum moderators use that instead of moving the thread? Then the CMs could bookmark that tag (working example) so that they know what people regularly find confusing and can pass that on to the team. Even if a post wasn’t intended as feedback, it can have value in such a capacity.

But only if it’s seen.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
I’m not aware of an elegant solution to this. Maybe add a Not Bugged tag to Bug Reports and have the forum moderators use that instead of moving the thread? Then the CMs could bookmark that tag (working example) so that they know what people regularly find confusing and can pass that on to the team. Even if a post wasn’t intended as feedback, it can have value in such a capacity.

I have been thinking for a while about compiling a "commonly known misunderstandings which are not bugs" list for some time now. Especially now with people unable to properly read the Bestiary challenge descriptions. A new thread about this is made almost hourly. This must put a lot of stress on forum mods to clean up. (Of course I dutifully report every such post I see.)

The problem is getting people to actually read the list before making a new report. I don't think there is a good solution to this other than restricting access to the bug report forum. I'm not sure how actually good reports should be passed on then - maybe through a filter of mods/VPs/volunteers? That's not that different from the current situation, only the filtering would be proactive instead of reactive. It might result in bug reports getting to GGG a little slower, but at the same time I believe that the quantity of false reports and quality of good ones would improve.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 12, 2018, 12:18:13 AM
With the proposed changes can you also add the two things I've bee asking for since day one of these forums

-light version where it is black text on a light background. My eyes cant take light text on dark background.

- Avatars on the the correct side, aka the left side of the page.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Hey guys, how's it going? :)
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Art and Audio Feedback would be replaced by stickied threads in the 'Feedback and Suggestions' forum.

Generic 'Feedback and Suggestions' subforum has a lot of trash posts while 'Art/Audio' has mostly constructive posts. It would be better to keep 'Art and Audio Feedback' separate to keep it constructive.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Will i get an appology for everytime my threads have been wrongly moved because they werent considered in the proper forum ? aka: We dont want the community's attention on those issues

I made a comment about the unstable behavior of the servers, and it was moved to the technical forums. I was hoping to share with the community my experience (not that most people care) and frustration with the continual terrible quality of the servers.

You are right.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
I'd like to see a notation on threads that I have posted in so I can find them easily even after a day or two.

Red = I've looked at the thread recently and it has't changed
Green = I've looked at a thread and it has new posts (maybe one of mine is there?)

How about a blue button on threads in which I've posted?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I'd like to see a notation on threads that I have posted in so I can find them easily even after a day or two.

(I don't know if you're aware of it but) there's 'View My Threads' button on the bottom of each subforum, I think that's more or less what you want? (:
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Iangyratu wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

(I don't know if you're aware of it but) there's 'View My Threads' button on the bottom of each subforum, I think that's more or less what you want? (:
No that's not it. I know how to find the threads I've started; what I'd like is to be able to see the threads where I have made posts. That information enables you to easily keep track of conversations so you can continue them.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
Iangyratu wrote:
No that's not it. I know how to find the threads I've started; what I'd like is to be able to see the threads where I have made posts. That information enables you to easily keep track of conversations so you can continue them.

That is what this filter does.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info