Skill Reveal - Spectral Shield Throw

"
dafreak29 wrote:
the shrapnels are so tiny and hard to even notice :/

I agree. Skipping the wall of text and jumping straight to the video, while watching the video the first time I had to pause and rewind to figure out how/why enemies nowhere near the shield impact where getting killed. Ohhh.... there are nearly invisible shards... lol.
Not too sure about the single target dmg scaling though..
really excited to try this!

It looks like this should work with ranged attack totems which could lead to some interesting build ideas, but Is this intended to work with trap and mine support as well?

because atm they only work with wand or bow attacks but I see no reason why spectral shield throw shouldn't also work here.

Cheers :)
Looks like another skill aimed at clearing mobs. We already have a whole bunch of those. It'll probably suck on bosses which makes is not very useful.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Has anyone found a reference to the attack speed of spectral shield throw ?

The last info from Bex I think is 1.2 base. So with the skill's 20% more multiplier, attack speed will be 1.44.
"
nougatt wrote:
Has anyone found a reference to the attack speed of spectral shield throw ?

1.2 base :P

Looks like an amazing Ranger skill
I am your Devine one Bow before me
Last edited by shadopaw on Feb 19, 2018, 3:56:18 PM
"
Lukery wrote:
really excited to try this!

It looks like this should work with ranged attack totems which could lead to some interesting build ideas, but Is this intended to work with trap and mine support as well?

because atm they only work with wand or bow attacks but I see no reason why spectral shield throw shouldn't also work here.

Cheers :)

Will only work with ranged attack totems with a wand equiped most probably...
As the support does not function if you equip a mellee weapon..

I see no reason why it should not work with traps either
I am your Devine one Bow before me
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Twistx wrote:
Where is ascendancies??

The team are working really hard to finalize them and get them through the build as soon as possible

That part is a lil bit worrying, only 10 days or so to release of new league, and a core part of the game hasn't been finalized ? Would have thought those would have been one of the first things finalized!
Look like you will see alotta players using this as the league starter, myself included !!
"
Angry_Mango wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Twistx wrote:
Where is ascendancies??

The team are working really hard to finalize them and get them through the build as soon as possible

That part is a lil bit worrying, only 10 days or so to release of new league, and a core part of the game hasn't been finalized ? Would have thought those would have been one of the first things finalized!

Pretty sure that's just PR talk for "ascendancies are done but we want to announce them two at a time every couple of days to generate hype for this trainwreck of a league, instead of letting the cat out of the bag to calm people down and let them give us feedback so we can make proper balancing changes if necessary prior to release".

Because generating hype is better than having a satisfied playerbase. Right?

Either that or GGG is really that incompetent, that they would leave reworking such a core part of the game to the last minute before release (which also doesn't inspire much confidence about it's balance being better than what we currently have if that's the case). I'm fairly sure they wouldn't do such a rookie mistake, but either way it doesn't look good.
Last edited by FissionMailed on Feb 19, 2018, 4:28:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info