Skill Reveal - Spectral Shield Throw

"
ACGIFT wrote:

I can perhaps see WHY they would force a non-GMP skill; there's hope to make people use the (otherwise worthless) Chain and Fork supports. But if they need a SPECIFIC skill to use them with, it's not really helping out the supports, is it? It's just an arbitrary, mandatory pairing. Better would be to rework the mechanics of fork and chain, (maybe even return GMP's old larger damage penalty while we're at it) or do SOMETHING to shift away from the whole meta of "all five support gems are for MORE (or de facto more) damage."

Alas, this is the case for a very very very very very very very very very long time now. Most of the skills are "force paired" to support gems. Most of them don't even work the way you would think.

Kind of lost hope any "viable" customization when Magma Orb came out. Relevant support gems didn't work or did it in a counter intuitive way.

Lets not forget the legion of useless skills that have support gems embedded into them.

Most of support gems went the path of RAW damage instead of FUN mechanics (emphasis on FUN, fortify is not FUN). Support mechanics became intrinsic mechanics of skill gems.

As for the re-balancing of "ascendancies"... Is anyone even surprised by this at this point? :D
Last edited by WiseGuard on Feb 19, 2018, 9:51:45 AM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
It would be nice combo: FB + this skill

doesnt work because this isnt a melee skill

facebreaker/doryanist do not work with SS
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
will this work with facebreakers and being unarmed so we can have the dmg from the shield and not just the totems
"
Usmcgruntz wrote:
will this work with facebreakers and being unarmed so we can have the dmg from the shield and not just the totems

You really need to read what was posted on the 1st page man... get back here when you have done so.
I really hope the new Gladiator is gonna be good.
Will probably roll that with the new skill.
hype!
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
Interesting development, especially since in ancient times shields were not always meant as defense but very often as offense too (bash, push, crush). Imagine the impact of a tower shield flat on your face, or a smaller buckler under your chin or in your stomach!
Last edited by Dannibal on Feb 19, 2018, 11:06:19 AM
Nice skill. Reminds me of Titan Quest, the Defender class who uses shield bashes.
Do the shards made from the shield explosion work with point blank? or do the shards act the same way as tornado shot where the secondary projectiles are a continuation of the main projectile that was shot(they don't work with point blank).
How do the projectiles behave with deadeye powerful precision?
Spectral shield throw? It's sooooo trivial. Maybe it's better to throw a sock? You could combine this with a refreshing of the assasin skills: each sock would emit 3 or 4 poison clouds that deal poison damage. It could be combined with taunting - at the sight of the sock in the powerful hand of the player, the monsters could throw themselves to escape (and the chance could be expressed in chance to flee percentage) and weak one could perish at the thought of stench. Maybe you will introduce such a novelty?
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info