Skill Reveal - Spectral Shield Throw

Get's really terrible with this skill because it needs more workarounds than ever. Most of the gems and items prefer either a.) bow-attacks -> ranged attack totem or b.) explicitely "melee physical" -> fortify / multistrike. Spectral Shield throw is neither.

The list for the things not working with "Spectral Shield Throw" is far longer than what actually is allowed. Some wordings like with "Chance to bleed support" needs to be changed because a "shield is not a weapon" - at least not before ... so take a note here GGG, please!

This skill will probably be my league-starter. Looks very fun! Let's hope it is not another medicre skill like "storm burst", which started strong but had no real scaling.

Edit:
Question - How does Reckoning work with this?

-> It is a shield skill that uses you main hand weapon similar to shield charge. Will this be changed for SST or do we keep the old mechanic?
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Feb 19, 2018, 4:36:42 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

I can't confirm exactly when we're showing off more Ascendancy Classes but it's probably prudent to let you guys know that we're not posting one today. We'll post them as they're available to showcase. The team are working really hard to finalize them and get them through the build as soon as possible so that we can show them off. We're keenly aware of the community's desire to check these out and start planning their builds. They're a top priority for us too.

Would it be possible for you to confirm or deny whether the wording on Gladiator's minor ascendancy nodes will be changed to accommodate Spectral Shield Throw to something like "Increased attack damage/speed while dual wielding or holding a shield"?

Also, does the bonus armor from blocking on The Surrender affect Spectral Shield Throw's damage?
Last edited by euphoria58 on Feb 19, 2018, 4:47:13 PM
how work with : Necromantic Aegis ?

You loose all armor/evasion/ES from shield for your minions

but we keep physical augmentation for skill gems ?
Oo
Dodger077
"
...It's worth noting the skill doesn't benefit from Unarmed bonuses...

Rubbish
Probably the most important core mechanics of the game aren't ready about 10 days before the league start. Ofc. it's a PR thing. This is creating a lot of hype and huge traffic, lots of talking and debating. It makes perfect sense from a business POV.

But it's concerning. No one will be able to give proper feedback to the changes before the league starts, so the changes has to be close to flawless. Seems rather difficult without the community involved. Just my opinion ofc.
Fork it is then huh, pretty cool
cant wait for spectral helmet throw
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
This looks amazing, I really hope support for added damage to shield attacks and %damage with shield attacks is added to abyss and regular jewels.
This looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait to run around as AMERICA MAN throwing shields at stuff. Now to patiently wait for ascendancy update reveals and find out if Scion will finally be considered really good again, instead of just "meme tier."
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info