Skill Reveal - Spectral Shield Throw

Will the + inc. Armor if you blocked recently Elder Mod apply to the base dmg buff from spectral shield throw?
"
Will the + inc. Armor if you blocked recently Elder Mod apply to the base dmg buff from spectral shield throw?

Offcause not, only Armor/Evasion ON the shield itself increase dmg. not your total armor on your character.
I'm kinda worried with accuracy rating on this skill.

I explain why: Playing other projectile/attack skills like ST for example we didnt had to worry too much with accuracy rating, first of all because we was always throwing 5 projectiles, so, even if 1 miss, others eventually hits the enemey. Second, because we could use lycosidae to deal with accuracy.

Now I'm kinda worried. We don't throw 5 projectiles, it's just 1 shield throw ( and if we miss? ) ... looks boring as fuck to be honest. And, of course, we can't use lycosidae.

Man, throwing only 1 shield and missing it must looks awful... I see the skill itself have a 20% attack speed, so it means we can throw shields very fast to counter the eventual missings. Probably works. Dunno. Maybe going for Dreamfeather to stack evasion/accuracy rating/damage it's probably the best idea with this skill.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 20, 2018, 10:56:45 AM
"
Herbie2100 wrote:
"

Offcause not, only Armor/Evasion ON the shield itself increase dmg. not your total armor on your character.

Was just wondering because it can roll on a shield, so technically it would come from the shield.
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
Maybe going for Dreamfeather to stack evasion/accuracy rating/damage it's probably the best idea with this skill.

I'll be running a pure armor shield on Gladiator and using Advancing Fortress and Anvil to hit 78% block chance, and traveling to the Marauder part of the skill tree to grab Resolute Technique, Iron Grip, and Unwavering Stance.

A rare armor shield would be best for this if it could hit around 2k armor, but a 3L Lioneye's Remorse is incredibly cheap, and Magna Eclipsis is a good (if more expensive) alternative, having the same base armor and giving up some HP and block chance to mitigate damage that armor generally does not. The Surrender would be my go-to pick if the +1500 armor on recent block was factored into the damage calculation, but iirc it's neither affected by quality nor the "increased shield defenses" mod, so that's likely not going to occur. Still not a bad pick, if its armor IS a little lower than the above.

I'm thinking of running Iron Reflexes, too, just to benefit from some really nice (if expensive) evasion chestpieces like Cospri's Malice (+1 more curse item; I hear Windscream is getting fated?) to run vulnerability+projectile weakness+despair if I decide to factor in ailments as a source of damage. Crimson Dance IS right there, too.
Last edited by euphoria58 on Feb 20, 2018, 2:06:24 PM
"
BazzBoxx96 wrote:
Doryani's Fist should still work, doesn't it?
While Facebreakers buffs directly the unarmed damage, Doryani's doesn't directly benefit unarmed attacks, it just says adds damage to attacks while unarmed..
If you only equip a shield you are unarmed no matter which skill you use and it's added to generic attacks, not specifically weapon based attacks.

Unarmed damage is a form of melee attack damage dealt by a character that does not have a weapon equipped.

both facebreaker and dory doesn't work with this skill because SS isn't a Melee skill. Unnarmed and Melee walks together.

Have said it few times here already, DOESN'T WORK. Stop dreaming guys :D
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 20, 2018, 2:35:59 PM
"
willeke wrote:
"
Herbie2100 wrote:
"

Was just wondering because it can roll on a shield, so technically it would come from the shield.

it comes from the shield, but it's not on the shield ;-)
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
BazzBoxx96 wrote:
While Facebreakers buffs directly the unarmed damage, Doryani's doesn't directly benefit unarmed attacks, it just says adds damage to attacks while unarmed..
If you only equip a shield you are unarmed no matter which skill you use and it's added to generic attacks, not specifically weapon based attacks.

Unarmed damage is a form of melee attack damage dealt by a character that does not have a weapon equipped.

both facebreaker and dory doesn't work with this skill because SS isn't a Melee skill. Unnarmed and Melee walks together.

You should go read the the wording on Doryani's Fist again. "Added damage to attacks while unarmed" is not "added damage to unarmed attacks".
"
FissionMailed wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
BazzBoxx96 wrote:

You should go read the the wording on Doryani's Fist again. "Added damage to attacks while unarmed" is not "added damage to unarmed attacks".

They are going to reword Doryani's Fist to not to work with SST apparently.
chieftain irongrip shield thrower w/ RT if need be. sounds fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info