Skill Reveal - Spectral Shield Throw

"
FissionMailed wrote:

You should go read the the wording on Doryani's Fist again. "Added damage to attacks while unarmed" is not "added damage to unarmed attacks".

add attacks while unnarmed IF you're performing a melee attack. There is no unnarmed attack in path of exile that isn't melee.

Spectral Shield isn't melee, so this can't be a unnarmed attack ( requires a melee skill ) even if you're using no weapon. It's just a attack.

That's really not so hard to understand.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 20, 2018, 10:19:43 PM
using this with Al Dhih and the assassin rework could be nice, if the damage from the skill is ok Mutewind Pennant would be a good pair even if only to take you into low maps.

another nice low level combo would be Kaltensoul/Kaltenhalt with The Princess, Hrimsorrow and winter spirit.
Will Ranged Attack Totems be able to utilize this skill so we can have shield throwing totems?
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
FissionMailed wrote:

You should go read the the wording on Doryani's Fist again. "Added damage to attacks while unarmed" is not "added damage to unarmed attacks".

add attacks while unnarmed IF you're performing a melee attack. There is no unnarmed attack in path of exile that isn't melee.

Spectral Shield isn't melee, so this can't be a unnarmed attack ( requires a melee skill ) even if you're using no weapon. It's just a attack.

Except you're really just pulling that wording completely out of nowhere.

IF noweapon = TRUE
AND skill.attack = TRUE
THEN damage.lightning.add min = X
damage.lightning.add max = Y
ELSE
ENDIF

That wording suggest the coding for that mod goes something like that, meaning that as long as you can use whatever attack while having no weapon equipped, your attack will benefit from added damage.

As prior to SST all attacks you could perform while unarmed were melee, there was no need to specify that it had to be a melee attack and doing that would be completely redundant and unnecessary so I highly doubt they would add extra bits of coding for that (especially since they tend to keep things as open as possible, so that they can interact with future content additions, otherwise they would have to go back to manually re-code every interaction of new content with old content and they usually only add extra bits to prevent interactions specifically for cases they don't want to allow interactions for, which they had absolutely no reason to prior to SST).

In short: since SST is an attack skill, happens to be ranged and can be performed while unarmed there should be nothing preventing Doryani's Fist's added damage from applying to it.
Last edited by FissionMailed on Feb 21, 2018, 1:50:54 PM
"
FissionMailed wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
FissionMailed wrote:

Except you're really just pulling that wording completely out of nowhere.

IF noweapon = TRUE
AND skill.attack = TRUE
THEN damage.lightning.add min = X
damage.lightning.add max = Y
ELSE
ENDIF

That wording suggest the coding for that mod goes something like that, meaning that as long as you can use whatever attack while having no weapon equipped, your attack will benefit from added damage.

As prior to SST all attacks you could perform while unarmed were melee, there was no need to specify that it had to be a melee attack and doing that would be completely redundant and unnecessary so I highly doubt they would add extra bits of coding for that (especially since they tend to keep things as open as possible, so that they can interact with future content additions, otherwise they would have to go back to manually re-code every interaction of new content with old content and they usually only add extra bits to prevent interactions specifically for cases they don't want to allow interactions for, which they had absolutely no reason to prior to SST).

In short: since SST is an attack skill, happens to be ranged and can be performed while unarmed there should be nothing preventing Doryani's Fist's added damage from applying to it.

unnarmed buff applys to melee attacks, doesn't work with Spectral shield because isn't melee.

You can write 50 pags here, the logic still the same. No melee, no facebreaker/doryanist.

This isn't so hard to understand. [2]
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 21, 2018, 6:32:50 PM
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
BazzBoxx96 wrote:
Doryani's Fist should still work, doesn't it?
While Facebreakers buffs directly the unarmed damage, Doryani's doesn't directly benefit unarmed attacks, it just says adds damage to attacks while unarmed..
If you only equip a shield you are unarmed no matter which skill you use and it's added to generic attacks, not specifically weapon based attacks.

Unarmed damage is a form of melee attack damage dealt by a character that does not have a weapon equipped.

both facebreaker and dory doesn't work with this skill because SS isn't a Melee skill. Unnarmed and Melee walks together.

Have said it few times here already, DOESN'T WORK. Stop dreaming guys :D

For crying out loud, it says it gives added damage to whatever attack skill you use as long as you are unarmed. It says literally nothing about melee anywhere. Added damage. To attacks. Simple as that.

Pior to SST all skills you could use while unarmed were melee, but that is no longer the case as all you need to use SST is equipping a shield. So you can technically be unarmed to use SST. SST is an attack skill. Hence you are unarmed and using an attack skill and should benefit from Doryani's Fist added damage to attack skills while unarmed. The melee requirement is only in your mind.

Do I need to make a drawing?
Last edited by FissionMailed on Feb 21, 2018, 7:12:22 PM
"
FissionMailed wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
BazzBoxx96 wrote:
Doryani's Fist should still work, doesn't it?
While Facebreakers buffs directly the unarmed damage, Doryani's doesn't directly benefit unarmed attacks, it just says adds damage to attacks while unarmed..
If you only equip a shield you are unarmed no matter which skill you use and it's added to generic attacks, not specifically weapon based attacks.

Unarmed damage is a form of melee attack damage dealt by a character that does not have a weapon equipped.

both facebreaker and dory doesn't work with this skill because SS isn't a Melee skill. Unnarmed and Melee walks together.

Have said it few times here already, DOESN'T WORK. Stop dreaming guys :D

For crying out loud, it says it gives added damage to whatever attack skill you use as long as you are unarmed. It says literally nothing about melee anywhere. Added damage. To attacks. Simple as that.

Pior to SST all skills you could use while unarmed were melee, but that is no longer the case as all you need to use SST is equipping a shield. So you can technically be unarmed to use SST. SST is an attack skill. Hence you are unarmed and using an attack skill and should benefit from Doryani's Fist added damage to attack skills while unarmed. The melee requirement is only in your mind.

Do I need to make a drawing?

Melee requeriment is on path of exile engine. Not on my mind.
You can't have unnarmed buff attack with a no-melee skill.

yeah maybe make a draw to yourself?
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 21, 2018, 7:40:11 PM
if this skill is considered an off-hand attack, will passive tree points like Forces of Nature (Damage with Weapons Penetrates 6% Elemental Resistance) work with the skill when using a ele conversion build? Even though it's not technically using a weapon
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

*sigh*

1)You need to be unarmed to get added damage.
2)The skill the damage gets added to must be an attack, not a spell.

That is all. The added damage is not added specifically to an unarmed attack. "Unarmed attack" and "use attack skill while unarmed" are two very different things. "Attack" and "melee" are two very different things. You just need to be unarmed to get the added damage.

Holy shit how can that be so hard to grasp?

If you can't understand this after this post, I'm just gonna assume you're trolling and ignore you from now on.
Last edited by FissionMailed on Feb 21, 2018, 9:44:04 PM
"
FissionMailed wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

*sigh*

1)You need to be unarmed to get added damage.
2)The skill the damage gets added to must be an attack, not a spell.

That is all. The added damage is not added specifically to an unarmed attack. "Unarmed attack" and "use attack skill while unarmed" are two very different things. "Attack" and "melee" are two very different things. You just need to be unarmed to get the added damage.

Holy shit how can that be so hard to grasp?

If you can't understand this after this post, I'm just gonna assume you're trolling and ignore you from now on.

I'm done.

gl
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 22, 2018, 1:08:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info