Skill Reveal - Spectral Shield Throw

Oh look, another ranged skill
The shards that come out of the shield explosion are kinda lame. Make it look like chunks of the shield go flying off or something, not those wimpy little darts that you can barely see.
Does the skill work only for the base defenses on the item or does it scale with increases to defense (example: % increased defenses from shields or %increased armor and evasion)? So nodes like "Command of Steel" and "Cloth and Chain" work as a way to scale defense and offense?
the shrapnels are so tiny and hard to even notice :/
"
Raghin wrote:
Can you fully explain how this interacts with weapon traits?

For example, if I were to use say "Ornament of the East" would the skill inherit the "Hits can't be Evaded" trait? Or if I used "Al Dhih" would I "Trigger Level 1 Abyssal Cry on Hit"?
"The Princess" - "Gain (25-30)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage"?
"The Poet's Pen" - "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Attack"?

Please explain!

There's so many mechanics in this game...:|
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 19, 2018, 12:33:55 AM
While it is nice to get the mechanics behind the skill nailed down so we can start planning on which supports/items to use for it, we still can't commit to an ascendancy for sure, as we don't know what themes they'll be keeping, and what new tools will be added to any of the ascendancies.

This means that this post is about half as useful as it would have been after the reveals.

I see that Bex has replied to this concern, and that the ascendancies aren't ready to reveal, so are there any other options that don't rely on ascendancies to be fully useful?

-Unique reveal:
pretty much same boat (need to know what build we're going into to make it worthwhile).

-New main game quests :
THIS seems to work

-league mechanics, inculding erxactly how the net functions :
THIS seems to work

-new boss battle :
fun but probably so little relevance that people might complain.
"
genequagmire wrote:
Hold up, I'm looking at al-Dhih and the new War Bringer ascendancy.... that seems like a solid rage generator and could actually be useful as a healing mechanic?

Holy fucking shit, I think you're on to something here bro.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
Iamod wrote:
"
genequagmire wrote:
Hold up, I'm looking at al-Dhih and the new War Bringer ascendancy.... that seems like a solid rage generator and could actually be useful as a healing mechanic?

Holy fucking shit, I think you're on to something here bro.

Except Abyssal Cry doesn't synergize with Shield throw at all. Abyssal cry slows movement speed and makes monsters effected by it explode. But they have to be nearby for it work which you wouldn't normally be with a range skill. Basically you are giving up way better stat stick options for some healing.
Please let us see all classes, cant wait to theory crafting builds
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Nice at 40 seconds in the video they shadow standard setup of flasks. This makes the impression that the skill is worthwhile in endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info