[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

hi , mi first try play llrf but think I made mistakes, who can tell me what is desirable on the points where, I use 6 aur and 6.9k ec and 42 def
"
MephistoiX wrote:
Can't kill elder with this build.(t14 normal..) - it can be my fault-
I have 12,4k ES without watcher's eye, and 46k armour, 77-82 allres. My gear was ~ 25-35 ex.-or more(with a +2% regen d. door)

This boss is horrible, my all screen is full with spawns, and they killing me in 2 sec.. I enjoyed this build, but this killed my moral, and -40% xp at level 91.. never again elder.

Imo there is 2 majors reasons to this situation.
First, keep in mind that the Elder is an horrible fight for this build. The survivability of LL RF build is based on ES regen. ES regen have a proper way to works. You should have noticed that your ES will start to regen only after a short "safe periode" where you did not take any hit.
Elder fight is full of little hit because of the huge amount of little monster spawned by the multiples portal. In short, this fight is the worst situation you can face in this game with this build.
So in order to succed, you will need enought dps to kill those spawn at a proper speed in order to stop this chain of hits.

Secondly, there is some major mistake in your build. You obviously lake of res, of regen and dps.

Your tree show many basic problems :
- You miss regen nodes from the starts of the templar. You should consider taking the ES/Armor nodes from Templar start, only when you reach a certain level of regen, which can be reach only with a proper Watcher's Eye (one with Discipline or Vitality regen buff). Otherwise, you should take the regen nodes instead.
- You miss 2 jewels socks from your tree. A jewel sock is potentialy 8%ES/+48%inc dmg, for 2 skill points. It's probably the most powerfull nodes you can get in your whole tree. In a more reasonnable way, you should consider each jewel as a +7-8%ES and +32-36%dmg buff which is still an enormous buff. So here there is 2 solutions. You can get 4 extra levels, or respect 4 points in your tree in order to grab them. Personnaly I would go for the second solution, and I see 4 point you could respect : 1 node behind Faith & Steel, 1 node in Dreamer wheel and the 2 node behind Arcane Focus.

There is also some problems in your gems :
- Only 2 gems have quality in your SR setup. You miss ~40% inc dmg. And Swift Afflication is under level so you miss 10% more dmg on SR ;
- Same problem in your RF setup, you only have quality on RF gem, rest don't have any, it's -30% inc dmg ;
- Your purity gems are under level. Specialy your Purity of Ice. And this explain why you had such a hard time vs Elder. Most of dmg are cold dmg. So if you miss extra cold res, you will lower your tankiness against this specific ennemy. Buy lvl 20 corrupted purity with no quality, it's a bunch of chaos. Level your 2 non corrupted gem in your switch. And when they reach lvl 20, vaal them in order to get a lvl 21 gem. Then sell on the market the lowest version (in case you break one and make it a lvl 19).
- You put Culling Strike in your Orb of Storm setup. It's not a bad choice, but I'm not sure it's relevant for Elder fight. Culling strike will bring something like 11.1% more dmg buff for the killing strike (it's an estimation of how much "more" dmg CS gives, because it's probably way more). At the same time, Arcane Surge gives you 20% more dmg for a lvl 20 with no quality, dmg buff on RF and SR. From what I see in PoB, Arcane Surge seems to give more dmg than Culling Strike.

In your stuff :
- Your rings are goods, but the Diamond ring is useless for this build. I would personnaly go for Opal, even if they don't have the legacy %ES master craft. This build does not realy lake of ES or survivability. It mostly lake of dps. And imo, the +50% inc dmg from Opal may be way more usefull in order to balance properly your build between dps and survivability.
- Your jewels are bad. Your jewels only have 2 main usefull affixes. And sometime 1 extra affixe moderately interesting (stats). Basicaly, it's like having magical jewels.
You should aim for jewels with, %ES and, at least 2 dmg affixes (burning > fire > aoe / dot > global dmg), the best is obviously : %ES / Burning / other dmg affixe.

Your flask setup :
- You don't have Witchfire brew. It's a big dot buff. You miss a huge source of dps by not playing this flask.
- What's the point in having 2 quicksilver flask ?
- I don't see any Sulfure flask. A sulfure flask gives you a dmg buff, and, more importantly, Conc gournd, which is, basicaly a huge regen buff.
In a shorter way, your flask setup should looks like this :
- Witchfire Brew ;
- 1 Ruby Flask ;
- 1 Sulfure Flask ;
- 2 utility flask (Saphire for Shaper/Elder fight ; Topaz for light Guardian ; Granite flask for phys boss ; Amethyst flask for chaos boss ; Quicksilver flask for mapping).
And you should aim for thoses affixes on your flask setup :
- Anti Curse (for map with curse and some boss fight or Lab with Font) ;
- Anti Freeze (core) ;
- Anti Shock (for some light boss like Eradicator guardian) ;
- Moves speed buff (only for maping) ;
- Anti Burning (if you need to shut down your RF in order to survive, it can be usefull some time).

To resume all of this, for Elder you need :
- Get more cold resist (lvl 20 purity of ice + Saphire Flask with anti freeze) ;
- Get more regen (get regen on tree, get a Sulfure Flask, get a Watcher's Eye with regen buff &/or Clarity Mana to ES buff) ;
- Get more dps (get some 19+/20 gem setup for your SR & RF ; Get a Witchfire Brew ; Get correct jewels, grab 1-2 extra jewels slot).
This should help you alot.

"
hodoric wrote:
hi , mi first try play llrf but think I made mistakes, who can tell me what is desirable on the points where, I use 6 aur and 6.9k ec and 42 def

Your character are private. Post a PoB link to your character or makes your character publics, otherwise we won't be able to help you.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Apr 16, 2018, 6:14:03 AM
oh sry ,may bad, up
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hodoric/characters

fuck latest up eng screenshot
Last edited by hodoric on Apr 16, 2018, 6:41:52 AM
"
hodoric wrote:
oh sry ,may bad, up
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hodoric/characters

fuck latest up eng screenshot

Ok, I see where is the problems.

You have a huge gem setup problem. Mostly due to gems setup in your gloves.
You should have this kind of gems organisation :
- Gloves : Enlighten, 3 aura with 35% reservation (Purity of Ice/Light, Vitality, Discipline) ;
- Shield : Determination, Purity of Fire, the last 35% reservation aura left from gloves (generaly Purity of Light or Discipline) ;
- Chest : SR, Cont Destru, Elem Focus, Burn dmg, Efficacy, Swift Afflic ;
- Helmet or Boots : RF, Burn dmg, Elem Focus, Inc AOE/Conc Effect ;
- Helmet or Boots : Orb of Storm, Crit Strike supp, Arcane Surge, Clarity ;
- Weapon : Shield Charge, Faster Att, Fortify.

So in your setup :
You need to remove Lightning Warp from your gloves and replace it with Enlighten. You also need to switch Clarity from the gloves with Discipline from boots. Clarity at the same time does not need to be level 20. A level 1 is enought. You only level Clarity in order to reserve more mana, and win more ES from your ascendency (& from watcher's eye if you have a Clarity Mana to ES version). So keep it low level.
Your StoneGolem/CWDT setup take the place of Orb of storm. This does not gives you so much survivability. And without any source of non fire dmg, you won't be able to proc EE and EO. So you are missing 40% more dmg from EO, and you do not lower by -25% fire res of monster. It's a huge dps lost.

And at the same time some of your gems from RF and SR are under level and don't have quality. You lose a lot of dps like this.

From what I see, your tree have some problems :
- You miss to much jewels slots ;
- You don't have Elemental Equilibrium ;
- Your Healthy Mind aren't at the right places. The best place for Healthy Mind is in the jewel sock in Witch area (at the right of Instability node). The one in Scion area does not convert anything ;
- Quick Recovery Wheel isn't so much needed in this build ;
- Growth and Decay is a cool wheel, but this imply using 6 skill points. It's expensive in this build. Maybe you should respect them for the moment.

Normaly if you respect the 6 points leading to Growth & Decay and the Quick Recovery wheel, you should be able to grab EE, and something like 4 jewel slots.
And here I will say the same thing as I said to MephistoiX :
"A jewel sock is potentialy 8%ES/+48%inc dmg, for 2 skill points. It's probably the most powerfull nodes you can get in your whole tree. In a more reasonnable way, you should consider each jewel as a +7-8%ES and +32-36%dmg buff which is still an enormous buff."

There is also few mistake in your stuff :
- Your rings aren't good. Aim for something like this : 50+Str/40+ES/40+Mana. And as a fourth criter, on one ring set 40+ dex (in order to wear your stuff with Presence of Chayula), and on the second ring set some Intel. Try to get some light/cold dmg on 1 ring, in order to proc EE when you Shield Charge. The rings does not need to be Opal, even if it's better.
You can lower the amount of stats on each ring (str, ES or mana) if you can master craft the stat.
- You can craft a better belt just by scouring it, transfmut, then spam alteration in it until you get %ES recovery. Then Augment it and regal it. And pray for a valuable combination. Then Master craft what miss on the belt.
So far I`am pretty happy with this build but I lack real end-game experience in the sense that I don`t know what a reasonable next upgrade is for me.

- no proper Watcher' s Eye for sale that could replace mine
- no proper belt upgrade (could swap life for reduced extra from crit strikes and buy a ~2ex belt)
- could upgrades jewels & sacrifice resistances a bit (i like to overcap against ele weakness curse)
- rings are a massive fuckup, seems harder to figure out a ring upgrade than writing my exams
- divine a few items for extreme-min-maxing....

So yeah - I would like to spend some ex for an appropriate upgrade, not just to boost dmg by 5k or es by 100 more.

Or maybe craft something myself? Dunno.

Maybe someone can help me? Would really appreciate it :) Like i said, my first build to reach real endgame content (guardians, shaper, etc...)

Edit: A`Alai @ Uber Atziri just ripped me a new one, even after specing into armour/regen nodes from marauder start - wtf?!

Data
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Alch/characters

Character: hihowareyouyes

pob: https://pastebin.com/YNY3xb41

You can also add me on Discord :<

sinanana_batman#0458
Last edited by Alch on Apr 16, 2018, 10:29:39 AM
Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to improve my char?

My current immediate priority is to get some more levels and unlock the jewel sockets.
I would like some advice on whether I should focus 8% ES + burning damage, or go for armour + burning damage instead, as I'm still only on 38k armour on POB (need more life and more mana for more armor).

Thanks for the advice!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SelenusMoo/characters
or, POB: https://pastebin.com/6c3NFHKe
Last edited by SelenusMoo on Apr 16, 2018, 12:19:41 PM
"
"
MephistoiX wrote:
Can't kill elder with this build.(t14 normal..) - it can be my fault-
I have 12,4k ES without watcher's eye, and 46k armour, 77-82 allres. My gear was ~ 25-35 ex.-or more(with a +2% regen d. door)

This boss is horrible, my all screen is full with spawns, and they killing me in 2 sec.. I enjoyed this build, but this killed my moral, and -40% xp at level 91.. never again elder.

Imo there is 2 majors reasons to this situation.
First, keep in mind that the Elder is an horrible fight for this build. The survivability of LL RF build is based on ES regen. ES regen have a proper way to works. You should have noticed that your ES will start to regen only after a short "safe periode" where you did not take any hit.
Elder fight is full of little hit because of the huge amount of little monster spawned by the multiples portal. In short, this fight is the worst situation you can face in this game with this build.
So in order to succed, you will need enought dps to kill those spawn at a proper speed in order to stop this chain of hits.

Secondly, there is some major mistake in your build. You obviously lake of res, of regen and dps.

Your tree show many basic problems :
- You miss regen nodes from the starts of the templar. You should consider taking the ES/Armor nodes from Templar start, only when you reach a certain level of regen, which can be reach only with a proper Watcher's Eye (one with Discipline or Vitality regen buff). Otherwise, you should take the regen nodes instead.
- You miss 2 jewels socks from your tree. A jewel sock is potentialy 8%ES/+48%inc dmg, for 2 skill points. It's probably the most powerfull nodes you can get in your whole tree. In a more reasonnable way, you should consider each jewel as a +7-8%ES and +32-36%dmg buff which is still an enormous buff. So here there is 2 solutions. You can get 4 extra levels, or respect 4 points in your tree in order to grab them. Personnaly I would go for the second solution, and I see 4 point you could respect : 1 node behind Faith & Steel, 1 node in Dreamer wheel and the 2 node behind Arcane Focus.

There is also some problems in your gems :
- Only 2 gems have quality in your SR setup. You miss ~40% inc dmg. And Swift Afflication is under level so you miss 10% more dmg on SR ;
- Same problem in your RF setup, you only have quality on RF gem, rest don't have any, it's -30% inc dmg ;
- Your purity gems are under level. Specialy your Purity of Ice. And this explain why you had such a hard time vs Elder. Most of dmg are cold dmg. So if you miss extra cold res, you will lower your tankiness against this specific ennemy. Buy lvl 20 corrupted purity with no quality, it's a bunch of chaos. Level your 2 non corrupted gem in your switch. And when they reach lvl 20, vaal them in order to get a lvl 21 gem. Then sell on the market the lowest version (in case you break one and make it a lvl 19).
- You put Culling Strike in your Orb of Storm setup. It's not a bad choice, but I'm not sure it's relevant for Elder fight. Culling strike will bring something like 11.1% more dmg buff for the killing strike (it's an estimation of how much "more" dmg CS gives, because it's probably way more). At the same time, Arcane Surge gives you 20% more dmg for a lvl 20 with no quality, dmg buff on RF and SR. From what I see in PoB, Arcane Surge seems to give more dmg than Culling Strike.

In your stuff :
- Your rings are goods, but the Diamond ring is useless for this build. I would personnaly go for Opal, even if they don't have the legacy %ES master craft. This build does not realy lake of ES or survivability. It mostly lake of dps. And imo, the +50% inc dmg from Opal may be way more usefull in order to balance properly your build between dps and survivability.
- Your jewels are bad. Your jewels only have 2 main usefull affixes. And sometime 1 extra affixe moderately interesting (stats). Basicaly, it's like having magical jewels.
You should aim for jewels with, %ES and, at least 2 dmg affixes (burning > fire > aoe / dot > global dmg), the best is obviously : %ES / Burning / other dmg affixe.

Your flask setup :
- You don't have Witchfire brew. It's a big dot buff. You miss a huge source of dps by not playing this flask.
- What's the point in having 2 quicksilver flask ?
- I don't see any Sulfure flask. A sulfure flask gives you a dmg buff, and, more importantly, Conc gournd, which is, basicaly a huge regen buff.
In a shorter way, your flask setup should looks like this :
- Witchfire Brew ;
- 1 Ruby Flask ;
- 1 Sulfure Flask ;
- 2 utility flask (Saphire for Shaper/Elder fight ; Topaz for light Guardian ; Granite flask for phys boss ; Amethyst flask for chaos boss ; Quicksilver flask for mapping).
And you should aim for thoses affixes on your flask setup :
- Anti Curse (for map with curse and some boss fight or Lab with Font) ;
- Anti Freeze (core) ;
- Anti Shock (for some light boss like Eradicator guardian) ;
- Moves speed buff (only for maping) ;
- Anti Burning (if you need to shut down your RF in order to survive, it can be usefull some time).

To resume all of this, for Elder you need :
- Get more cold resist (lvl 20 purity of ice + Saphire Flask with anti freeze) ;
- Get more regen (get regen on tree, get a Sulfure Flask, get a Watcher's Eye with regen buff &/or Clarity Mana to ES buff) ;
- Get more dps (get some 19+/20 gem setup for your SR & RF ; Get a Witchfire Brew ; Get correct jewels, grab 1-2 extra jewels slot).
This should help you alot.

"
hodoric wrote:

Your character are private. Post a PoB link to your character or makes your character publics, otherwise we won't be able to help you.

Nice help, really thank you, I'll make some changes. I was impatient, and ran to fight with elder too early.
Edit: I firstly changed my flasks, this dmg and regen buff is awesome. I don't have currencies now for better gems and jews, so I'm fine now, just trying to sell items an farming again too.:) I don't have too much time for reading, and learning some ingame mechanic, so ty again for your effective help.
Last edited by MephistoiX on Apr 16, 2018, 3:10:29 PM
Guys can someone tell me why i can't do Purity of Ice when my all other auras is on? Hero tells that "No mana" but there is 920 mana still left. What i did wrong?
"
LordVitar wrote:
Guys can someone tell me why i can't do Purity of Ice when my all other auras is on? Hero tells that "No mana" but there is 920 mana still left. What i did wrong?

You need a level 4 enlighten or a corrupted Shaper's Touch with +1 level. Doesn't matter how much mana do you have, the auras using x% from your mana.
Last edited by MephistoiX on Apr 16, 2018, 3:59:17 PM
"

"

You need a level 4 enlighten or a corrupted Shaper's Touch with +1 level. Doesn't matter how much mana do you have, the auras using x% from your mana.

Hmmm thanks will try. Can u tell 1 thing more. CORRUPTED enlighten is suitable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info