BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
u plan to extend your thoughts on this throughout the season? and maybe add a level section along the way?

i am pretty new, and have chosen your build to do my first season with.

SC though, cuz ima scrub, obv.

I recommend leveling with firestorm. Flameblast totems don't feel very good these days. There are a ton of leveling guides out there for firestorm but I'll describe what I do personally.

1. Use fire trap and freezing pulse at the very beginning.

2. Craft two +1 socketed fire gems wands (look up the vendor recipe if you don't know it). In the first wand you'll socket spell totem, firestorm, faster casting. This will be what you use for clearing trash mobs. Just drop a totem and run past everything. In the second wand you'll use firestorm, elemental focus and either faster casting or concentrated effect. This will be what you use for boss killing. The reason I like conc effect is because it makes the firestorm meteors hit closer together and it feels like it greatly increases your single target damage (more meteors will actually hit).

3. On bosses use a self cast flammability curse. You can link this with arcane surge if you want.

4. At some point (early) you want to pick up elemental overload on the tree and link Orb of Storms with increased critical strikes. If you have a free 4l you can add curse on hit and flammability to this.

5. Use the wands until level 41 where if you're lucky you can buy a Nycta's Lantern and socket your firestorm in that. Nycta's will carry you all the way to maps. You can also start scrounging around for a 5l. Put your spell totem in one and your self cast in another or just dual fist Nycta's if you can get two of them.

Firestorm links are Firestorm > Faster casting > elemental focus > controlled destruction > fire pen, consider swapping in conc effect for controlled destruction on bosses.

There. That's all you need for a leveling guide. Literally the second easiest way to level in the entire game (Sunder seems to be a little faster). The only other things you need to know are get your ascendancies as early as possible so you can get 3 spell totems and in terms of the tree just follow his skill tree but don't take AoE nodes, don't take the mana reservation nodes, and don't bother with life regen nodes. Finish act 9, farm blood aqueducts until 72, get Balefire and the shield, spec into AoE and regen nodes, turn on RF, and start plowing maps. His guide covers everything else.
Last edited by fatherhudson on Feb 26, 2018, 6:54:59 PM
"
fatherhudson wrote:
"
u plan to extend your thoughts on this throughout the season? and maybe add a level section along the way?

I recommend leveling with firestorm. Flameblast totems don't feel very good these days. There are a ton of leveling guides out there for firestorm but I'll describe what I do personally.

2. Craft two +1 socketed fire gems wands (look up the vendor recipe if you don't know it). In the first wand you'll socket spell totem, firestorm, faster casting. This will be what you use for clearing trash mobs. Just drop a totem and run past everything. In the second wand you'll use firestorm, elemental focus and either faster casting or concentrated effect. This will be what you use for boss killing. The reason I like conc effect is because it makes the firestorm meteors hit closer together and it feels like it greatly increases your single target damage (more meteors will actually hit).

3. On bosses use a self cast flammability curse. You can link this with arcane surge if you want.

4. At some point (early) you want to pick up elemental overload on the tree and link Orb of Storms with increased critical strikes. If you have a free 4l you can add curse on hit and flammability to this.

5. Use the wands until level 41 where if you're lucky you can buy a Nycta's Lantern and socket your firestorm in that. Nycta's will carry you all the way to maps. You can also start scrounging around for a 5l. Put your spell totem in one and your self cast in another or just dual fist Nycta's if you can get two of them.

Firestorm links are Firestorm > Faster casting > elemental focus > controlled destruction > fire pen, consider swapping in conc effect for controlled destruction on bosses.

There. That's all you need for a leveling guide. Literally the second easiest way to level in the entire game (Sunder seems to be a little faster). The only other things you need to know are get your ascendancies as early as possible so you can get 3 spell totems and in terms of the tree just follow his skill tree but don't take AoE nodes, don't take the mana reservation nodes, and don't bother with life regen nodes. Finish act 9, farm blood aqueducts until 72, get Balefire and the shield, spec into AoE and regen nodes, turn on RF, and start plowing maps. His guide covers everything else.

Thanks a lot! I'll be adding this to my guide!! Appreciate the effort!
Thank you so much keeping it up! Going to be my starter for 3.2 ^^
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
fatherhudson wrote:
"

Thanks a lot! I'll be adding this to my guide!! Appreciate the effort!

:))))) lets make this a community afford. :p Even if this is not beginner friendly, fuck dis. I mean, i dont wanna be a beginner forever and ill invest a lot to understand the ways. so that maybe next season i can start with a new own build
Thanks for the guide. Noob question as I've never played a totem build before - why not take Ancestral Bond?
"
Snotman wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Noob question as I've never played a totem build before - why not take Ancestral Bond?

ancestral bond prevents you from doing damage yourself. that by itself wouldn´t be too aweful. however we need to do some damage to trigger elemental equilibrium which is a huge boost in dps. the elemental overlord can be triggered with zero dmg crits though. all in all you do about similar dps with ancestral bond with 4 totems like ee with 3 totems. Need to click less and use fewer passive points...
Very excited to play this build as my league starter, unsure about something however.

Wondering why Saffel's Frame is a required unique, over something like Rise of the Phoenix?
Would love it someone could explain the importance of Saffel's. :)

Thanks!
"
lolsidroc wrote:
Very excited to play this build as my league starter, unsure about something however.

Wondering why Saffel's Frame is a required unique, over something like Rise of the Phoenix?
Would love it someone could explain the importance of Saffel's. :)

Thanks!

Saffel is much better because it gives you lightning and cold max resists. Whilst pheonix only gives max fire resists. Since you take physical as elemental you need to cover other max resists.
Last edited by Some_Day on Feb 27, 2018, 5:47:35 PM
"
lolsidroc wrote:

Rise of the Phoenix will work fine and might get you to sustaining RF a little bit quicker. Saffel's Frame is simply a stronger defensive choice since it gives +4 to lightning, cold, and fire max resist instead of RotP's +5 to max fire. The other max resists are particularly important if you are trying to convert a bunch of physical damage to elemental, as the OP is.
Any chance there is an LL ES build out there for Heirophant with these spells. I'll definitely be playing this if they nerf spectres for necro, when the patch notes come out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info