Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

Hey, got a question if u don't mind

I got 61c. Is it enough to start this build?
Also with the totem change, overall, did we gain or lose single target/clear damage?Should be actually faster for the clear right? Not sure about the single target damage.

What chest to use as a starter?
Wouldn't one of those pseudo 6-link rf helmets be better?
Your HC vs non hc version. Which has more damage and survivability?

Sorry for the noob questions.
Last edited by Kayefsi on Dec 10, 2018, 2:14:10 PM
"
Hey, got a question if u don't mind

I got 61c. Is it enough to start this build?
Also with the totem change, overall, did we gain or lose single target/clear damage?Should be actually faster for the clear right? Not sure about the single target damage.

What chest to use as a starter?
Wouldn't one of those pseudo 6-link rf helmets be better?
Your HC vs non hc version. Which has more damage and survivability?

Sorry for the noob questions.

thats more than enough, just buy a tabula rasa or a 6 link chest and a doon cubyari!

We gained more clear speed and 1% life regen since the patch, we lost a bit of damage but every other totem builds have also lost damage.

those rf helmets would be ideal, but they are expensive!

all my versions are hardcore, i am running one at the moment if you like to take a look at my profile
"
Shibby_T wrote:
Hey there, with Herald of Ash you always have Fire Damage with your Shield Charge, doesnt it matter when mapping or am I thinking wrong?

No its good! Storm brand EE's everything anyway! I use combustion linked with shield charge to ignite single target for more damage! herlad of ash doesnt affect the storm brand anyway! only the attack from shield charge
"
edgee87 wrote:
I can't decide which chest piece to use :(
Currently I'm running with tabula.
Usually I waste all my jewelers and fusings from 6socket items in my chest.

Dont link anything! Just straight up buy a 6l if you need to! its much cheaper
Ty buddy for the reply. This league i had a ''league-starter'' which turned out to be so bad i almost quit the league. Found your build and i'm gonna give it a chance.Should be good right? Since SR totems.

Anyway i assume kaom's heart is a no no for this build since we'd lose those precious gem sockets.
Also if i were to get one of those expensive, broken shaper heads, should i put RF in it or Totem?

Should i use doryani catalyst instead of Doon? I know we will have a lot of strength, but doryani should be a better choice early on.

Any reason for the formless inferno?

If the kaom's heart is a no no, what kind of chest should i AIM for to replace tabula(i might not even use tabula).

TLDR: Baelfire if i don't have a 6 link, replace baelfire with doryani/doon when i get a 6 link, correct?

We should also avoid items that give flat elemental damage to attacks/spells, otherwise i'd fuck up Elemental equilibrium?

Should i aim for one of those life recovery rate on the belts late game(also stygian)? I'm kinda confused since i never saw RF build that used SR totems so i dunno what our priorities are.

Sorry for the noob questions, i got burned out big time by following a build at the start of the league, and i don't want that to happen again. That's why i'm asking so many questions :)

Edit: Is oak worth more than 2 points?
Last edited by Kayefsi on Dec 10, 2018, 4:21:40 PM
"
Ty buddy for the reply. This league i had a ''league-starter'' which turned out to be so bad i almost quit the league. Found your build and i'm gonna give it a chance.Should be good right? Since SR totems.

Anyway i assume kaom's heart is a no no for this build since we'd lose those precious gem sockets.
Also if i were to get one of those expensive, broken shaper heads, should i put RF in it or Totem?

Should i use doryani catalyst instead of Doon? I know we will have a lot of strength, but doryani should be a better choice early on.

Any reason for the formless inferno?

If the kaom's heart is a no no, what kind of chest should i AIM for to replace tabula(i might not even use tabula).

TLDR: Baelfire if i don't have a 6 link, replace baelfire with doryani/doon when i get a 6 link, correct?

We should also avoid items that give flat elemental damage to attacks/spells, otherwise i'd fuck up Elemental equilibrium?

Should i aim for one of those life recovery rate on the belts late game(also stygian)? I'm kinda confused since i never saw RF build that used SR totems so i dunno what our priorities are.

Sorry for the noob questions, i got burned out big time by following a build at the start of the league, and i don't want that to happen again. That's why i'm asking so many questions :)

Edit: Is oak worth more than 2 points?

Hey sorry to hear about your earlier build starter, I am using this myself in Betrayal HC and starting with this build in the last 3 leagues so its definitely a good league starter.

Doon is better because it gives some HP and has good cast speed, but its not mandatory.

I am playing HC so I prefer formelss inferno for phys mitigation.

yes make sure your storm brand only does lightning.

You dont need life recovery belt, if ur having trouble sustain rf, just use Immmortal Flesh and a stone Golem.

Oak is worth it, take him.

Here is my gear and setup, look up my character's profile if you need more help to copy:

Best of luck :)
"

I found a Kaom's Heart (with +38% inc fire dmg roll) on my 2nd syndicate safehouse (on lvl 50) so I've probably used up all my RNG for this league ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I decided to use it on this char with the Balefire setup (Spelltotem + multitotem + burning dmg) and Storm Brand to apply curse (flammability or dispair) + arcane surge + EE/EO and it just MELTS IT ALL... And I don't even have most the "endgame" items (amu/rings/belt/gloves). Only thing I had to ditch are the Kaom Roots boots.

I love this build <3
Congrats! Next step is to get a 6l helmet and use it with kaoms heart! Mind unprivating your characters so I can take a look at your character? :)
Posting to say that i have been having fun with this build. im currently only in low level maps and delve but im hoping with some more life i can push higher into the tiers of maps.
haha einhar gift me belly of the beath with max rolls on life :D now i use balefire+bellly :D
what is good on double corrupt in shield/armor?or wep
Last edited by tixyk on Dec 11, 2018, 4:15:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info