BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

I was thinking about using SR totems as a league starter in SSF (SC) even before those changes to hierophant...
It's obv. unclear if and when I will be able to sustain RF without Saffels/RotP and some of the other uniques. But I should be able to get into T8-10 maps using only the totems on a 5L, right? Maybe add in Searing Bond instead of RF for some extra DPS?
Last edited by BVB_1909 on Feb 21, 2018, 7:26:46 AM
"
BVB_1909 wrote:
I was thinking about using SR totems as a league starter in SSF (SC) even before those changes to hierophant...
It's obv. unclear if and when I will be able to sustain RF without Saffels/RotP and some of the other uniques. But I should be able to get into T8-10 maps using only the totems on a 5L, right? Maybe add in Searing Bond instead of RF for some extra DPS?

Have you looked at the new ascendancy? 1% life regen per totem. Its buffed!
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
BVB_1909 wrote:

Have you looked at the new ascendancy? 1% life regen per totem. Its buffed!
Sure, it's a great buff... But still, is this (plus the end. charges and skill points) enough regen if I can only use PoF and Ruby Flasks to buff my max fire res? (Honest question, not experienced enough with RF...) Even common drops like Kaoms ring are all but guaranteed in SSF...
Will play a bit with PoB once I get home...
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
"
BVB_1909 wrote:

Just checked PoB. With this setup, while I remove max res shield and no flasks on, got 0,5% life degen. Ascendacy gets 1% regen per totem, totalling 3% regen. I guess it's sustainable flaskless with PoF. Just focus on SR totems before you can sustain RF (totems deal majority of damage anyway)
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Feb 21, 2018, 8:57:03 AM
Could you post a video of the starter version just clearing a map? I find it moreso important to be able to map efficiently rather than end-game boss at the start, and am interested in seeing how fast the SR totems actually manage to clear mobs vs bosses. Thanks.
Hey great build and guide.

Question- although Lighting Coil is amazing for this build it's an average of almost 2,000 cromatics to get 4b/2r on it, so not realistic early league. Any other good chests you'd recommend asides from a good rare.

And if not using Lightning Coil, is there really a point of using purity of lightning?
Dont see much use to purity of lightning and ice if you dont have conversion to that element?
"
StickyEeeky wrote:
Hey great build and guide.

Question- although Lighting Coil is amazing for this build it's an average of almost 2,000 cromatics to get 4b/2r on it, so not realistic early league. Any other good chests you'd recommend asides from a good rare.

And if not using Lightning Coil, is there really a point of using purity of lightning?
Dont see much use to purity of lightning and ice if you dont have conversion to that element?

Hey you don't need lightnng coil, but you can get 3blue 1 red 1 green with vorici 3 blue. Enough to use Swift Affliction support.

I would use a rare shaper or elder chest to be honest, or kaom with bale fire. Even better is brass dome if you can afford it.
"
xemath wrote:
Could you post a video of the starter version just clearing a map? I find it moreso important to be able to map efficiently rather than end-game boss at the start, and am interested in seeing how fast the SR totems actually manage to clear mobs vs bosses. Thanks.

Clearing a map is running through mobs with RF and drop a totem or two, watch my chayula video to get an idea of clear speed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info