BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
Kvarterstahv wrote:
Hi! I'm trying out your build. It's still in progress, but the damage of scorching ray is no where close of what you have. Even if I were to have a 6link with exact same level/quality of jewels that you have, my damage would be at best 1/3 of what you have in pob. What gives?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kvarterstahv


You are using 5l, you are using lvl 15 scorching ray and low level gems. What I recommend is to buy a lvl 20 or using balefire and stick your spell totem in them until you get higher lvl gems

Also you do not have arcane surge linked to your orb of storms which is big damage boost, and no cwdt IC setup
Last edited by Some_Day on Feb 19, 2018, 8:28:16 PM
Hey man, really into this build. Nice use of niche unique's! A few questions,
1. would you take Doriani's Catalyst over Doon's if you wernt trying to make it quite as budget? or do you find the cast speed from doons is hard to let go?

2. Looks like ele res would be quite hard to cap early on, did you find this? or just take extra ele res nodes on the tree?

3. For the slot of Helm, what fire skill do we use recently to maintain the anti freeze/chill effect? Or does dropping a totem WITH a fire skill linked count as that?

4. Early on, prior to having Empower 3, would you say it would be worth subbing out the Helmet for an Alpha's howl and subbing boots out for Kaom's roots? Or even rolling a flask that gives Freeze immunity and using some High res/life boots/movement boots.

Thanks for the build :) Look forward to trying it out.
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
Kvarterstahv wrote:
Hi! I'm trying out your build. It's still in progress, but the damage of scorching ray is no where close of what you have. Even if I were to have a 6link with exact same level/quality of jewels that you have, my damage would be at best 1/3 of what you have in pob. What gives?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kvarterstahv


You are using 5l, you are using lvl 15 scorching ray and low level gems. What I recommend is to buy a lvl 20 or using balefire and stick your spell totem in them until you get higher lvl gems

Also you do not have arcane surge linked to your orb of storms which is big damage boost, and no cwdt IC setup


Thanks for the quick reply!
Well I have roughtly about 15ex to buy fusings, this is my last character this league - so even in the worst case scenario I can force a 6link.
I added arcane surge, thanks for pointing it out.
How are you sustaining righteous fire? I have taken all the life regen nodes and im wearing a marble amulet. Or does it only work if you have all 6 endurance charges up + ruby flask active?
Going back to damage, when I open path of building and load in your build the tooltip says that you do 22k( http://oi64.tinypic.com/14e78s5.jpg ) damage with scorching ray on first stage. Meanwhile if I load mine in and a burning damage gem ( thus making it a 6 link - http://oi65.tinypic.com/2dujvph.jpg) I only deal 9k. Now this could all be some sort of a misunderstanding on my part as im new to using pob.
Anyway sorry for the long post, this is my first season playing poe and there are just so many things to learn.
e: I tried out balefire like you said, but my damage dropped from 2.7k per totem to 1.1k. Honestly I dont know whats wrong, but as it is currently I can only run t1-5 maps slowly
Last edited by Kvarterstahv on Feb 20, 2018, 3:13:41 PM
"
Kvarterstahv wrote:
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
Kvarterstahv wrote:
Hi! I'm trying out your build. It's still in progress, but the damage of scorching ray is no where close of what you have. Even if I were to have a 6link with exact same level/quality of jewels that you have, my damage would be at best 1/3 of what you have in pob. What gives?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kvarterstahv


You are using 5l, you are using lvl 15 scorching ray and low level gems. What I recommend is to buy a lvl 20 or using balefire and stick your spell totem in them until you get higher lvl gems

Also you do not have arcane surge linked to your orb of storms which is big damage boost, and no cwdt IC setup


Thanks for the quick reply!
Well I have roughtly about 15ex to buy fusings, this is my last character this league - so even in the worst case scenario I can force a 6link.
I added arcane surge, thanks for pointing it out.
How are you sustaining righteous fire? I have taken all the life regen nodes and im wearing a marble amulet. Or does it only work if you have all 6 endurance charges up + ruby flask active?
Going back to damage, when I open path of building and load in your build the tooltip says that you do 22k( http://oi64.tinypic.com/14e78s5.jpg ) damage with scorching ray on first stage. Meanwhile if I load mine in and a burning damage gem ( thus making it a 6 link - http://oi65.tinypic.com/2dujvph.jpg) I only deal 9k. Now this could all be some sort of a misunderstanding on my part as im new to using pob.
Anyway sorry for the long post, this is my first season playing poe and there are just so many things to learn.
e: I tried out balefire like you said, but my damage dropped from 2.7k per totem to 1.1k. Honestly I dont know whats wrong, but as it is currently I can only run t1-5 maps slowly


Hey man I just looked at your build and I don't blame you its an advanced build not for newbies!

Hey do you see the dropdown box under scorching ray to the left? The total damage is calculated on the last stage. So you have to pick stage 8 to see the total damage.

Use balefire instead of doon for now, socket in it:

Spell totem
Burning damage
Efficacy

And that should carry you till you get a 6L. looking at your tree I got 44k per totem with balefire instead of 24k with your setup.

Overall your damage should be lower if you don't have righteous fire activated, I also noticed you have a belt with little to no life on it. Should get something better

You need to get kaom's way to get the massive regen! You also need 2 ruby flasks when you have righteous fire running!

I'll try and help best as I can but remember this isnt a build for newbies goodluck =)!

"
james20419888 wrote:
Hey man, really into this build. Nice use of niche unique's! A few questions,
1. would you take Doriani's Catalyst over Doon's if you wernt trying to make it quite as budget? or do you find the cast speed from doons is hard to let go?

2. Looks like ele res would be quite hard to cap early on, did you find this? or just take extra ele res nodes on the tree?

3. For the slot of Helm, what fire skill do we use recently to maintain the anti freeze/chill effect? Or does dropping a totem WITH a fire skill linked count as that?

4. Early on, prior to having Empower 3, would you say it would be worth subbing out the Helmet for an Alpha's howl and subbing boots out for Kaom's roots? Or even rolling a flask that gives Freeze immunity and using some High res/life boots/movement boots.

Thanks for the build :) Look forward to trying it out.


Doon is better because of cast speed, mana and life you get from strength. So Doon anyday.

Ele resis is indeed hard to cap, but you can rely on jewels to cap or resistance from marauder tree and its quite easily solvable.

The freeze/chill immunity works if you summon a scorching ray totem which is considered a fire skill. Your basically freeze chill immune throughout

kaom's roots are bad because movement speed is important, and you are already freeze/chill imune thanks to helm. Alpha is not worth it at all and with empower you wont have mana enough to reserve

goodluck and I am awaiting hierophant ascendancy changes to see if this build is still viable or improved!
To OP. A nice build, following it for a few weeks and going to use it on this league. Ascendacy changes for Hir got posted and we got buffed AF.

First of all +2 totem got split over 2 nodes, so we do not need Ancestral Bond when levelling. Illuminated devotion instead of buffs on different equipment parts parts give all buffs while under Arcane Surge - and we use it anyway! Lastly we get charges on totem placement and more dmg reduction per charge! :D Wonder whether we can/should drop romira now (we lose all stacks on IC, so romira still prolongs charge regen)
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
"
neltisen wrote:
To OP. A nice build, following it for a few weeks and going to use it on this league. Ascendacy changes for Hir got posted and we got buffed AF.

First of all +2 totem got split over 2 nodes, so we do not need Ancestral Bond when levelling. Illuminated devotion instead of buffs on different equipment parts parts give all buffs while under Arcane Surge - and we use it anyway! Lastly we get charges on totem placement and more dmg reduction per charge! :D Wonder whether we can/should drop romira now (we lose all stacks on IC, so romira still prolongs charge regen)


A **HUGE** buff for 3 x Scorching Ray totems and Shimmeron 4 x Frostbolt totems! Those 2 builds I tested got a massive boost!

[Watch 3.1 demos here]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCu0r-_InialZcszQ2xd09A

Perma Arcane Surge is not that great actually because you can get a lvl 10 arcane surge on orb of storms

I'll be picking the following nodes for every non-es build:

* Illuminated Devotion (AOE for RF and Big DPS boost)
* Conviction of Power ( no need for Romira's Banquet! Perma immortal call)
* Pursuit of Faith (actually OP for clearing)
* Ritual Of awakening (Regen for Righteous Fire)

Hierophant gained about 30% more damage ( -21% - 28% just from having penalty gone)


POB for scorching ray totems build starter:

https://pastebin.com/Tc8hAc8J

[Guide](https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2088267)

With balefire and kaom. Subtract kaom and you have a cheap tanky HC viable league starter

Last edited by Some_Day on Feb 21, 2018, 1:06:03 AM
Why did you delete yourself from the reddit thread?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
"
liquidSG wrote:
Why did you delete yourself from the reddit thread?


Ah.. thats why i couldnt find it by searching or looking up saved threads...
"
liquidSG wrote:
Why did you delete yourself from the reddit thread?


I was annoyed by reddit!
Last edited by Some_Day on Feb 21, 2018, 6:43:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info