BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
How are you getting so much regen? I'm looking at your pob link and all i can see is 6.8 but your total life regen is 987.4. I can't seem to break 544.0 with my setup but its not cutting it and i still can't negate righteous fire. I even wen as far as grabbing a lil more life regen % on the tree rather than a couple jewel nodes.

Just looked at your gear, you literally have no life on several pieces of gear.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Mar 12, 2018, 8:20:22 PM
Flat life is irrelevant to the problem, I'm sitting on nearly 5k life anyways. No my issue is RF is ticking for way more than I expected and Even with a few gear revisions in the last hour I cant negate it. Yes flat life will give me more of a hp pool but it wont stop the 100% drain.

Seems everytime I want to try this build i'm stopped right there. Just did a full respec from a 100% viable EK Nova inquisitor hoping something in what I had and something in this setup would let me achieve that. Now I've drained nearly all my currency resources to get this character where i'm at and there's no going back...
"
Flat life is irrelevant to the problem, I'm sitting on nearly 5k life anyways. No my issue is RF is ticking for way more than I expected and Even with a few gear revisions in the last hour I cant negate it. Yes flat life will give me more of a hp pool but it wont stop the 100% drain.

Seems everytime I want to try this build i'm stopped right there. Just did a full respec from a 100% viable EK Nova inquisitor hoping something in what I had and something in this setup would let me achieve that. Now I've drained nearly all my currency resources to get this character where i'm at and there's no going back...

No Life on amulet, both rings, boots, belt, chest.... You need a lvl 20 Purity of Fire. You have ES crafted on your chest instead of life and those shaper gloves are giving you a lot of ES which is bad, since the total amount of burning damage you take is based on Life pool and ES pool.
"

Flat life IS relevant to the problem...there are many nodes on the tree (as well from some gear pieces) that give you "+X% of life regenerated per second", hence, the more flat life you have, the better your regen becomes.

With your current setup you would need 6k HP to break positive....for starters make sure your stone golem is level 20, replacer shapers seed with a marble amulet that youll essence craft for flat HP (other mods dont matter for now if you cant afford them), replace your rare ring with another ring that has at least 70HP and maybe temporarily (or permanently if you wish) replace saffels frame with rise of the phoenix with a high life/life reg roll it should make stuff easier....

TL DR -- do get more flat HP on gear
Ok well then I'll try your suggestions I apologize if i sounded condescending I just misconstrue the stat system a lot of the time and I never thought flat life added anything other than well, flat life :P. Thanks all.

UPDATE -

Tried everything you've said and I'm sitting on 6300 life, but my regen must be too low (880.7 with a lvl 20 golem and lvl 3 Empower.), cause its still dropping my life like it was before. Didn't have a decent Phoenix so i opted in the one I have just for testing.

Going to try leveling up my purity gems then swap out my life amulet with Shapers Seed, because the regen shoots up to 982.3 with that and my life is around 6156.
Last edited by OmenTep on Mar 13, 2018, 4:25:44 AM
Hey,

Update on the gear and level 91.

I am planning on swapping to Saffell's shortly.

I am still mostly doing yellow maps because the red maps drop is really small...

I don't know how you guys are already on the red elder :D
Nice work, my next shopping list is the following:

Kaom's Heart
Kaom's sign
Opal Ring
+1 Endurance Charge Immortal Flesh

I plan to respect to the 2 endurance charges once I kaom's sign and go back to Balefire. And remove immortal call, to constantly have 7 Endurance charges up for huge phys mitigation and regeneration.

Here's my current gear

Done all red elder's guardians, will do red elder once I get Kaom's heart
Last edited by Some_Day on Mar 13, 2018, 5:36:42 AM
"
Ok well then I'll try your suggestions I apologize if i sounded condescending I just misconstrue the stat system a lot of the time and I never thought flat life added anything other than well, flat life :P. Thanks all.

UPDATE -

Tried everything you've said and I'm sitting on 6300 life, but my regen must be too low (880.7 with a lvl 20 golem and lvl 3 Empower.), cause its still dropping my life like it was before. Didn't have a decent Phoenix so i opted in the one I have just for testing.

Going to try leveling up my purity gems then swap out my life amulet with Shapers Seed, because the regen shoots up to 982.3 with that and my life is around 6156.

You have L4 Purity of Fire. That's the source of the problem, not regen or life... :-) You just need to get max fire resist higher.
Testing a few tweaks:
- Aspect of Crab is awesome :-)
- running only high level IC, as there is no reason to eat endurance charges all the time anymore... i might even get more EC for next levels points
- i sacrificed 300hp for double curse, and running Flamability as aura now, it really helps for speed running red maps. Still not sure about Enfeeble, i feel realy safe now, so i might swap it for another offensive curse soon.

Still undecided about what chest to wear instead of this temp one - good elder/shaper regen/convert dmg base would open lots of space for changes in tree...

"
Some_Day wrote:
Nice work, my next shopping list is the following:

Kaom's Heart
Kaom's sign
Opal Ring
+1 Endurance Charge Immortal Flesh

I plan to respect to the 2 endurance charges once I kaom's sign and go back to Balefire. And remove immortal call, to constantly have 7 Endurance charges up for huge phys mitigation and regeneration.

Here's my current gear

Done all red elder's guardians, will do red elder once I get Kaom's heart

Koams Heart? How does the damage compare between wearing a koam + balefire vs six link and doon?
Last edited by Coatesy on Mar 13, 2018, 6:35:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info