Joe's Stream.

August 17, 2018.

Split my time between ranger and marauder today. I was running maps with her, when a build-changing item for my marauder appeared:

So it looks like I'll be playing marauder for a while now, and the build will now center on Heavy Strike. There's still lots of kinks I have to iron out though, so it's going to take some time (and thanks to blankice for some tips).

I also might be taking my duelist off the shelf too, after coming across this beauty of an item:

And he'll most certainly be going back to what he originally had, a gladiator ascendancy centered around blocking. It's just a matter of coming up with 30 orbs of regret again. :\

An almost perfect blue "blossom" shot (I actually died in order to capture this, but it was worth it)!:

But otherwise, that's the stream for today. And here's the 33s I played:

Grofe - Grand Canyon Suite
The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll
Vangelis - Opera Sauvage

Okay, off to get ready for work now. Like always, thanks for reading/watching, and have yourselves a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Record playing and some monster slaying (technically I'm making them explode rather messily, but you get the idea).
My Youtube Channel.
August 18, 2018.

This morning off-stream I switched my marauder back to his original Infernal Blow build. The novelty on Heavy Strike kinda wore off after a while, and like my ranger and her Pyre ring, I was already missing being able to blow enemies up as opposed to just killing them. Such a big quality of life upgrade (can save your ass too at times, as well as looking cool as hell).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the evening stream I divided my time between marauder and ranger, running mostly Elder-flavored corrupted rare maps (something about red maps not dropping unless you run corrupted maps, but not sure on specifics of that).

A few corrupted maps.

And I also managed to get a couple good "blossom" shots as well:

But otherwise, that's it for the session. And here's the vinyls I played this time around:

Ted Nugent - Self-Titled Solo Debut
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture, and other filler tunes.
Devo - Oh no! It's Devo!

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Thanks for reading/watching, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing a few records and making monsters go *BOOM!* (on my marauder, but might play ranger too).
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 18, 2018, 9:50:29 PM
August 19, 2018.

Had to call in sick from work today, as the middle of my spine and the back of my neck & head were hurting like hell when I woke up. In no mood to aggravate them when doing a physical job like mine.

Like yesterday, I split my time between ranger and marauder today. Running various maps, including some corrupted rare ones (I forgot to get screenshots for most of these since I'm wetodid like that) and a few new ones too!

Some real tough maps

Tahsin (Siege boss) fight

And I made the mistake of thinking this item here was a real upgrade for my marauder:

But OOPS! it didn't work that way. I figured the extra attack speed and higher crit would make up for it's lack of damage. Boy, was I wrong! Fights took about 2-3 times as long to finish. So, a good waste of time and mats (I also wanted to switch to using Poacher's Mark to make the build sustainable, but had to spend 100 chromatics since my weapon is a STR - ie. red - based weapon, and I needed 1 green and 2 blue sockets) overall. So now he's back to his old unsustainable self, being stuck with using hybrid flasks again. *sigh*

Various cool photos
Now that's a big 'ol boy!

Awesome blue blossom shots, very much death-worthy!

Messy messy!

Well, thus endeth the session. And here's all the vinyl records I played today:

Roky Erickson - The Evil One
Sheila E - The Glamorous Life
Chicago Transit Authority (aka Chicago) - Self-Titled Debut
The Doobie Brothers - Minute by Minute
Weird Al Yankovic - Polka Party

Okay, gonna call it a night. Not sure if I'll be streaming later on or not, I'll just play it by ear. Otherwise, take care and thanks for reading/watching. And have yourselves a great night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Vinyls and map running (on my ranger, but might play marauder too).
My Youtube Channel.
August 20, 2018.

This morning off-stream (didn't feel like setting everything up, especially when noone is on around this time. Sometimes I want to just play). I did some more map running, and completed the Moon Temple for the first time. This is also the only map I can think of where the map is actually harder than the boss itself! usually it's the other way around. :\ :

And I also finally completed - fully completed even - the Museum. Only took me 5 tries, as the boss - some version of Maligaro - throws Ethereal Knives and does pure chaos AoE damage, but finally got it!

And theeen I did a full clear on a corrupted Siege map. Took me 5 tries but YES!

And Bone Crypt:

Some more cool photos.
My life for a beautiful blossom!
Another bloody mess.

And that'll do it for the morning session, such as it was. I should be on later tonight between 6-6:30pm, US Central. Until then, take care. ;]
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 20, 2018, 9:06:17 AM
August 20, 2018. The evening stream.

All ranger today, running various maps until maintenance.

And this is my second attempt at writing my blog, since I forgot that PoE doesn't save blog drafts during maintenance, so AAAAAAALL that stuff I typed down after it started pretty much went KAPUT! Lord knows why I don't just permanently type my blogs on Notepad first, like I used to do when I played Final Fantasy 14. :\

Buuut anyway, I just ran lots of maps today, as well as a bunch of completions!:

Map completions galore!

I tried to do a full clear of this map. Unfortunately it didn't work. :[

I even managed to record a boss video as well (the new update to Twitch's "highlight" feature works great now, next to no need to use the Windows Movie Maker):

Orchard map boss

And much blood was shed today, my duelist forever jealous. I loooove me some Pyre ring! :D

TOTAL CARNAGE!
Mmmmm. Spaghetti! And it's good to see that Elreon is getting over his squeamishness.

Looks like little blood worms.

An excellent session overall though. Had a good long chat with one of my viewers today, always good!

But, that's the stream for today. And here's the records I played today:

The Beatles - White Album
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
Richard Pryor - ... is it something I said?
Heart - Dreamboat Annie

Okay, gotta run. Still need to get a nap in order for me to stream Pinball Arcade later on today (4-4:30am, US Central time). So, until then, take care and thanks for watching/reading, I appreciate it! And seee y'all next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl records while mowing down monsters with (mostly) my ranger in maps, before maintenance.
"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl records while mowing down monsters with (mostly) my ranger in maps, after maintenance.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 21, 2018, 3:09:39 AM
August 21, 2018.

Mostly ranger today, running many maps, and even getting full completions on a few of them:

Some map completions

And I managed to record the Geode run as well.

Geode map run

Tried to do a Merciless Laby run, but died at the third Izaro fight by Charged Dash-ing right into his sorta-kinda Sunder attack (his version is a spell, not an attack. Really?). Can't win for losing when it comes to The Laby recently.

And I tried playing duelist again, but again his slow speed and unfocused setup brought me back to my ranger. -_-

Total Carnage! I love it!

Various other photos
Looks like I'll be busy looting lol.

And here. . . .

A mighty fine blossom shot!

Overall a pretty good session today. And tomorrow my work week starts up again, so it'll be back to 1-2 hour streams as well as shorter blog posts.

And here's all the 33s I played today:

MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
Edvard Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Rush - 2112

Okay, callin' it a night. Hungry and tired. I'll definitely need to get a nap in so I can stream Pinball Arcade later on (4-4:30am, US Central time). But until then, take care everyone. And thanks for reading/watching. And have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing records while exploding monsters (mostly ranger, might play others).
My Youtube Channel.
August 22, 2018.

All ranger today, running maps and tried to do the Uber Laby as well (but died to Izaro's spell-based Sunder ability, surprise surprise). And I managed to get a couple more completions/full completions out of them as well, including one that was "impossible" at the time:

A few map finishes

I even managed to record the Shavronne fight too (side note: Awesome update to the "highlight" feature on Twitch, makes making videos a ton easier!)

Shavronne, the Sickening fight

But a good session overall today, people stopped by and everything. So, thanks for that everyone. :]

And my work week has started up, so it'll be 1-2 hour sessions now. :[

What's the bloodiest sport? Hockey, because there's 3 periods!

With no help from Tora, lazy broad. >.<

And here's the records I played today:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
George Benson - Breezin'
Todd Rundgren - Todd (sides 3 & 4 since sides 1 & 2 were missing when I bought the album)

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Take care and thanks for watching/reading, and seee ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Vinyls and maps. Running around blowing monsters up.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 23, 2018, 10:47:38 AM
August 23, 2018.

Today was a bad day, dying a lot, mostly due to one-shots from out of nowhere. Bad RNG, it happens.

On the upside though, I managed to fully complete a new map: The Arachnid Tomb!

Hybrid Widow fight

But otherwise, not much else going on. Chatted it up with a visitor for a bit, that's always good!

And here's the records I played today:

Devo - New Traditionalists
Herb Albert's Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream & Other Delights
Frank Zappa - We're Only in it for the money
Tchaikovsky - Nutcracker Suite (side 1)

Okay, time to get ready for work. Thanks for reading/watching. Take care and have a good night/day (hopefully better than the one I had today. :\ )

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl LPs while running maps, and making pasta sauce out of monsters. Yum yum!
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 23, 2018, 9:52:18 PM
August 24, 2018.

All ranger again, running maps. But this time, as my alchemy orbs are running low, I just stuck with simple magic (blue) maps.

Otherwise, other than a bunch of cool screenshots I found, just a blah session overall. Nothing really stood out about it. It happens from time to time. On the upside though I didn't die as much, so that's good.

Taking a bloodbath.

And here's the vinyls I played today:

Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
KISS - Self-Titled Debut

Okay, have to start getting ready for work. As always, thank you for reading/watching, and have a great night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl LPs while running maps, and making pasta sauce out of monsters. Yum yum!
My Youtube Channel.
August 25, 2018.

Playing my good 'ol ranger today, running yet more maps (mostly Dunes maps)

I ran the Pillars of Arun map today for the first time, and managed to complete it!:

And I was even able to record the boss kill as well (as stated before, props to Twitch for fixing their "highlight" feature. Now making videos are a lot easier now)

Talin, Faithbreaker fight

Aside from all that, a pretty good session overall. I didn't die that much today, about the same as yesterday. So, that's good!

All that carnage in a (presumably) hot and dry area? Yeah, that can't be smelling good right now. Poor Elreon!

THREE uniques dropping in one area? Yeah, that don't happen often!

And here's the records I spun today:

Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch
Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get
Fugazi - Red Medicine

Okay, time to start getting ready for work. Take care and thanks for watching/reading, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl LPs while running maps. Hope I don't die TOO much, ha ha ha.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 25, 2018, 9:48:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info