Joe's Stream.

October 14, 2018.

This morning off-stream I did a Zana daily (unlock unique strongbox) map and hoo-boy!

Was quite busy looting afterwards lol!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my evening stream I pretty much did what I did yesterday and the day before, running Elder/Shaper-flavored maps, some prophs, and a couple Laby runs. So, a bit of variety today. I also found a boot upgrade, big time (my resists took a big hit, but luckily they're all way over max, so no big deal)!

Joe's Photos

Wowwee Ms. Ranger!

What keeps you getting back up?!

Oh, and I tried to do a dreaded Lava Chamber corrupted map, but I didn't even get halfway through it when I died due to green pea shooters, after which I promptly abandoned the map. So much for that. :\

Otherwise, another good session today. And here's the LPs I played:

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Stan Getz - With Laurindo Almeida
Richard Pryor - That N****r's Crazy

Okay, have to start getting ready for work now. Take care and thanks for reading/watching, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning vinyl and doing some map/proph running before I have to work. [SSF SC, Viper Strike ranger]
My Youtube Channel.
October 15, 2018.

Was going to be running maps/prophs on my ranger. But that was only until this awesome item dropped:

After that, it was all duelist, running tier 1 maps (mainly Beach and Lookout maps) since he's so goddamn fragile. I did try doing an Infested Valley map in the hopes of getting the Soul of Ryslatha (60% increased Life Recovery from Flasks used when on Low Life), but ended up getting one-shot by the boss 6 times and/or getting ~95% of my life taken off by an add. Definitely way out of my league. -_-

Joe's Metric Ton of Photos

Just one of many!

Found this gem while I was uploading my images.

But otherwise, a good time was had today. And here's all the records I spun this time:

Pink Floyd - The Endless River
Prince - Self-Titled Second Album
Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Run-DMC - Self-Titled Debut
The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord

Okay, time to call it a night. Tired and hungry. I'll have to get a nap in if I want to stream later on today (probably World of Warcraft, but we'll see), so there's that. But aside from that, thanks everyone for watching/reading. Always appreciated! And until next time, take care and see ya around! ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records while running some maps and prophs, maybe other stuff too. [SSF SC, Viper Strike ranger]
My Youtube Channel.
October 16, 2018.

Bad session today, lots of dying by both my duelist and my ranger, on tier 1 maps! Stark contrast to yesterday, where I wasn't really dying all that much. On the upside though, I did manage to finally get 150 Orb of Fusings to 5-link this item:

Helluvan upgrade for my duelist. And also, after doing some calculations, I've moved away from life leech and focused on life gain on hit, as it heals more per second than life leech did. Definitely helped with the survivability.

And tomorrow is the start of my work week again, so it'll be back to ~2 hour streams. :[

Otherwise, here's hoping my next session will go a lot better. And for the records I played today they were:

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
The Golden Era of Dixieland Jazz, 1887-1937
Bill Justis - Plays 12 More Big Instrumental Hits

Okay, gonna do it for me. Hungry and tired and too frustrated to think straight. And I might be on later to stream World of Warcraft, but we'll see. Until then, take care and thanks for watching/reading, despite all the bad luck and PEBCAKs I've been having. And have yourselves a wonderful night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing vinyl LPs doing some maps and prophs [SSF SC, Viper Strike ranger]
My Youtube Channel.
October 17, 2018.

Pretty good session today. It was mostly duelist, with ranger popping in once in a while (usually when my duelist gets overwhelmed).

I also tried switching out Charged Dash for Leap Slam on my ranger, and whoops! You can't use claws with Leap Slam, so there's a bunch of wasted Chromatics right there. Luckily I managed to get my sockets back to what they originally were so my ranger build didn't go kaput.

Another almost perfect blue blossom shot!

Otherwise, not much else going on today. And today is the start of my work week, so it's back to ~2 hour streams. :[

And here's the LPs I played today:

The Doobie Brothers - Minute by Minute
The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll
Billy Joel - Piano Man

Okay, gotta start getting ready for work now. Take care, and thanks for reading/watching. And have a good night/day everyone. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning records and running maps before work. [SSF SC, Dual Strikin' duelist]
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 17, 2018, 9:50:51 PM
October 18, 2018.

This morning off-stream I did my dailies, and came across an Echoing Shrine (your skills repeat an additional time) right next to a breach, and OH what an outcome!

And this lovely blue blossom shot:

Okay, time to get some sleep. :| zzZZ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A copy, paste, & polish from a previous blog post:

You know, on the one hand I'm not complaining (streaming is as much for myself - more fun than just uploading Let's Play videos, some cheap therapy too - as it is for anyone who wants to watch, and I'd have as many reasons for not wanting to watch someone else's stream as they would for not wanting to watch mine. So, no hypocrisy here), but on the other hand, goddamn! I'm really beginning to think that that $2,000 - about 1k for a new computer and assorted stream equipment, about another 1k for all the vinyls I bought - I spent could've been better spent elsewhere. And I sure could've used the extra 2 hours of sleep I'm sacrificing in order to do this so, sometimes I wonder if the reward was worth the effort. :\

And yes, I've watched Asmongold's video. See above.

Mixed it up a bit today, playing all 3 of my main characters some (whenever my duelist died, I'd switch to another character temporarily). I mostly ran various maps and did a Laby run as well.

Otherwise, a pretty good session overall. And here's the records I played today:

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds
Stan Freberg - Best of
Sheila E - The Glamorous Life

Okay gotta get ready for work now. Running late making this blog post. As always, thanks for reading/watching. Mucho appreciato! Take care and have a wonderful night/day everyone. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls, maps, and maybe a Laby or two. [SSF SC, Dual Strikin' duelist]
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 18, 2018, 10:09:41 PM
October 19, 2018.

Initially starting with duelist, but eventually switching over to ranger. I've also switched into a cold/freeze-based Dual Strike build on her as well (the one where monsters stay at 1hp for long periods before dying, due to the way that Southbound works), if only so I can have Leap Slam in my build, inspired by my duelist's.

And from here on out, I'll probably be using my ranger mostly now, as running low-tier maps because of my duelist's fragility gets boring after a while.

But a good session today otherwise. And here's the albums I played this time around:

Ted Nugent's Amboy Dukes - Tooth, Fang, and Claw
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back
Tchaikovsky - Nutcracker Suite (side 1)

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Running late making this blog post. Take care and see ya'll next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records and running some maps/Labys. [SSF SC, Dual Strikin' duelist]
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 19, 2018, 10:09:28 PM
October 20, 2018.

All ranger today, running mostly prophesies this time, with a few maps and a Laby here and there. As well as ironing out the kinks in my cold/freeze-based Dual Strike build (most notably sustainability without having to put a Blood Magic in one of my sockets).

Otherwise, a pretty honky dory session today. And here's the vinyls I played today:

Jethro Tull - Benefit
Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto in D. Opus #35
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Okay, time to get ready for work. Take care and thanks for reading/watching, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls and running some mapskies until I have to work. [SSF SC, Dual Strikin' ice ranger]
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 20, 2018, 9:49:45 PM
October 21, 2018.

All ranger today, running some maps, a few prophs, and a Laby run. I also completed a new map: Death and Taxes. Took me a while to figure out how the boss works, but I figured it out eventually!

So, a good session overall today. Still kinda hamstrung by the freeze RNG, due to my Southbound item, but not much I can do until I can get some more +% chance to freeze/crit from somewhere. Oh well, someday,....

And here's the LPs I played:

Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again
Redd Foxx - Laff Your Ass Off

Oh, and one more thing. Not sure when it's going to happen, but this game will be reduced to "sidearm" status, meaning I'll only play this game once or twice a week. Why?:

• General burnout, same thing I get when playing any game for a long period of time. I eventually outgrow - for lack of a better word - the game, and want to go on to something else. It happens.

• The need to play an MMO as opposed to an ARPG. Tired of eating apples, so now it's time for some oranges. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

• Easier leveling, especially Final Fantasy 14 (which will probably be the game that's replacing this one). Probably the biggest contributor to burnout on this game was me only really playing one character - my Viper Strike raider ranger - since you're basically punished (again, for a lack of a better word) for wanting to try something new in this game. As easier-said-than-done as it might sound this game needs a level boost, like what Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft have. I'd gladly pay $_50__ to level boost a new character to 70 than have to go through the whole drudgery of leveling one up from scratch. I have way more money than time.

But okay, enough of that. That's gonna do it for me. Running VERY late making this blog post. Thanks for reading/watching, and have youselves a great night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing LP records while running some maps/prophs/Labys. [SSF SC, Dual Strikin' ice ranger]
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 21, 2018, 10:14:52 PM
October 23, 2018.

Just to reiterate, this game is now my alternate game, meaning I'll only be playing it 1-2 times per week. My main game now is Final Fantasy 14.

Pretty good session today. I only died once, and a guy named CraazyFYI1 stopped by to visit. Good to see him again!

Otherwise, it was all maps today. Also trying to concentrate on getting "full rare sets" and turning them in for Chaos Orbs, giving that another go (seems an awful lot of trouble for just 2 of them. :\).

Oh, and didn't play any cassettes/CDs today. Was too much trouble considering I was only going to be on for a couple hours anyway. So, in-game music it was.

But, that'll do it for the session today. Gotta break off and get some laundry going, before other people get in there and hog the whole entire laundry room:

So, take care everyone, and thanks for reading/watching. Always appreciated! ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC, Dual Strikin' ice ranger] Running some maps/prophs/Labys for a couple hours, depending on mood.
My Youtube Channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info