Joe's Stream.

WARNING: LONG POST INCOMING!

September 24, 2018.

Split my time between ranger and marauder today, and trying out various builds as well.

On my ranger I toyed with Ice Trap and Siphoning Trap some. I kinda like it, but is better suited for my shadow (saboteur) than my ranger. Unfortunately I've no interest in progressing through the story with him, or my Templar. I reeeeeally wish GGG would pull a page out of the World of Warcraft playbook and make it so you can pay $_50_ to level boost a character to 70, because I've pretty much tapped out when it comes to storyline progression.

On my marauder I experimented with a Smite build. Another good ability. . . . for another class (like Templar maybe). It did all right on my marauder, but he's still better at fire damage though. Lightning is really not his thing.

And I also completed a new map today: the Mesa!

Oak the Mighty (Mesa boss), 9/24/18

I also ran another Uber Laby on my ranger and - you guessed it! - died to Izaro's Sunder attack (It's spell based - meaning only my spell dodge works against it, and not block, attack dodge, or evasion - and it hits twice) during the second battle. Someday man, someday. *sigh*

Otherwise, a good session overall, with a lot of screenshots!

Joe's Ton 'o Photos

A Swath of Destruction, parts 1 & 2

Looks like burnt sloppy Joe's

And here's all the records I played today:

Bruce Springsteen - The River
Ted Nugent - Self-Titled Solo Debut
Weird Al Yankovic - Polka Party
Roky Erickson - The Evil One
Richard Pryor - ...is it something I said?

Okay, time to call it a night. And I've recently fully downloaded World of Warcraft and Diablo 3, two games I haven't played in a VERY long time, as Pinball Arcade is pretty much on the shelf right now. One, burnout. Two. when I try starting it up, the screen goes completely black and the computer freezes up. So, basically the game is now unplayable. But chances are pretty good I probably won't do any more streaming today, as my spine is a train wreck right now, as it had been since I woke up. But otherwise, thanks as always for taking the time to read/watch my stuff. And until next time,:

Take care. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl records while running maps/Labys (mostly Viper Strike ranger, but might switch it up too).
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 25, 2018, 4:19:13 AM
September 25, 2018.

Like yesterday, I divided my time between my ranger and my marauder. And also like yesterday, I experimented a bit with different stuff.

I toyed with traps on my ranger again, using Kongming's Stratagem and Fire Trap this time. Didn't work out so good, but at the time I didn't know about Explosive Trap or even Flamethrower Trap (I hate cooldowns). So next time I play again I'll probably use those instead. I also did a Dual Strike build towards the end of the stream.

And on my marauder I tried a dual Consecrated Path build. One, a "single-target" version, using Concentrated Effect, and the other, the normal setup:

But the "single-target" version didn't work out since I was unable to left-click on monsters for some reason. So much for that. :\

I also tried doing an Uber Laby on my marauder as well. But during the second Izaro battle I ended up getting killed by his shield charge attack. Whoops!

But at least I got a nice drop out of it though!

But otherwise, not that much going on this session. So with that, here's all the records I played today:

Metallica - Live in Winnpeg, '86
Tom Lehrer - That Was the Year That Was
George Benson - Breezin'
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch
Suicide - Self-Titled Debut

Okay, that'll do 'er for tonight. And tomorrow is the start of my work week again, so it'll be back to 1-2 hour streams. :[

Aside from that though, thanks all for reading/watching. And seee ya'll next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Records, and running some mappies and Labys (probably Viper Strike ranger, but might play others as well).
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 26, 2018, 4:14:37 AM
September 26, 2018.

Mostly marauder today, and with a new build: Glacial Hammer, with Winter Burial as support. So far I'm liking it. Shattered enemies don't leave a corpse, which means I don't need to have Pyre equipped. And there's also a Culling Strike aspect to the ability as well, a nice bonus.

On the downside, my marauder still sucks against bosses though, taking forever and a day to kill them. I have to switch to my ranger in order to kill them, then switch back. :\

Otherwise, fun session today. And here's the vinyls I played:

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Bill Cosby - Why is There Air?
Roky Erickson - Gremlins Have Pictures

Okay, have to start getting ready for work now. Take care and thanks for reading/watching. And have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Vinyls, maps, and maybe a Laby or 2 before work.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 26, 2018, 9:59:33 PM
September 27, 2018.

Overslept today! My alarm went off and when I disabled it I . . . . went back to sleep again. And when I tried starting the game up, it had to download a hotfix, but got froze up around 97% and took ~10 mins to go the rest of the way. So, a shorter stream than usual today.

Otherwise, I just did my usual today, running maps. And I also experimented with an old Frost Blades build my ranger had, using what I know about my marauder's Glacial Hammer build (see previous blog post). Looks good, although I lean slightly towards my marauder build, if only because of the Culling Strike component of it.

So, a crummy session overall. Oh, and for the records I played they were:

Blood, Sweat, and Tears - Self-Titled 2nd Album
Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Thanks for watching/reading. Take care and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyls while doing some maps, possibly a Laby as well.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 27, 2018, 9:45:36 PM
September 28, 2018.

Yaaaay I didn't oversleep! I practically threw myself out of bed when my alarm went off. Did not want to have to go through that again!

But otherwise, I just did some map running, mostly Elder-flavored ones. And I split my time between my ranger and marauder. Usually playing my marauder, then switching to my ranger when fighting bosses since my marauder sucks at it. Some really good maps too, despite me dying in all of them at least once. Some bittersweet victories. :\

Joe's Photos

Yaay me!

And here's the LP albums I played today:

Public Enemy - Yo! Bum rush the show
Jigs on the Green (Irish music)
Rush - Caress of Steel

Okay, have to get ready for work now. As always, thanks a bunch for reading/watching. And until next time, Au revoir. Arrivederci. Adios. Goodbye. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning LP records while doing running some maps, maybe even a Laby too.
My Youtube Channel.
September 29, 2018.

Mostly marauder today, with my ranger being brought in to kill bosses, since my marauder takes so damn long to do it (apparently elemental attacks take a bigger hit from resistances than poison/chaos does :\).

Whooooaaa that's a big GIF! Too bad there isn't a smaller version :\

Just ran maps and even did a (Merciless) Laby on my marauder, and also worked on my experimental Frost Blades build on my ranger a bit as well.

Good session today otherwise. And here's the records I played today:

Kraftwerk - Ralf & Florian
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture, and some filler tunes
Heart - Dreamboat Annie

Okey dokey, have to start getting ready for work now. Take care and thanks for reading/watching. And have yourselves a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing a few 33s while running some mappies (maybe a Laby or 2 too).
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 29, 2018, 9:42:16 PM
September 30, 2018.

This morning off-stream I did my dailies on my marauder, and he dinged level 85!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, on the one hand I'm not complaining (streaming is as much for myself - some fun & cheap therapy - as it is for anyone who wants to watch, and I'd have as many reasons for not wanting to watch someone else's stream as they would for not wanting to watch mine. So, no hypocrisy here), but on the other hand, goddamn! I'm really beginning to think that that $2,000 - about 1k for a new computer and assorted stream equipment, about another 1k for all the vinyls I bought - I spent could've been better spent elsewhere. And I sure could've used the extra 2 hours of sleep I'm sacrificing in order to do this. :\

And yes, I've watched Asmongold's video. See above.

For the evening stream it was all duelist today, a total changeup from my usual ranger and/or marauder. And best of all, he "only" died twice! Pretty unusual. His constant dying was one of the biggest reasons I ended up shelving him. Sometimes you get lucky. :\

Otherwise, not much else going on. Today is the last day of my work week, so on Monday and Tuesday night I'll be able to stream longer (typically 4-5 hours).

And here's the LPs I played today:

MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
Vangelis - Spiral
Redd Foxx - At Home!

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Take care and have fun everyone! ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Vinyls, and running maps until I have to work. :[
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 1, 2018, 2:23:02 AM
October 1, 2018

This morning off-stream I again did my dailies on my duelist, and an Ichimonji dropped! I'm now dual-wielding these (I found another one a long time ago)!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the evening stream, it was mostly duelist, like yesterday, with a bit of marauder and ranger (experimenting with her Frost Blades build again) as well.

Oh, and my duelist reached level 80!

And I also ran an - as obvious as it might sound - awesome map called the Vaults of Atziri! Good lord, too bad I don't get this map very often!

On the downside today, I really got fuckoed on the socketing/coloring RNG when trying to add a Increased Area of Effect to my Poacher's Mark + Blasphemy setup. I tried a few more times, but ended up running out of Chromatics. So, that's 75 Chromatics down the shitter. Now I'm stuck with an Enfeeble curse that isn't helping my survivability at all (monsters take longer to kill and my build is less sustainable now).

But overall, a good time. And here's all the records I played this session:

Tom Lehrer - Songs & More Songs
John F. Kennedy - The Memorial Album
The Residents - Eskimo
Thin Lizzy - Self-Titled Debut
Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees
Manuel Gottsching - Inventions For Electric Guitar

Okay, gonna call it a night now. Hard to stay awake at the moment. Take care and thanks for watching/reading. Always appreciated! ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning LP vinyls and running some maps, maybe a Laby or 2 as well.
My Youtube Channel.

October 2, 2018

Spent most of my time on my ranger and marauder today. I was playing duelist, but he was dying too much - low max health and all - so I called it quits on him, although I did manage to get the Poacher's Mark aura back on him. Yay for RNG,. . . . I guess. . . .

On my ranger I just fiddle-farted around with an Ice Shot and a Scourge Arrow bow build, but that went nowhere. I also brought my old Wild Strike build out of the mothballs, which worked a lot better. Then I switched to using my Frost Blades build that I had been working on for some time now. But eventually I'll go back to my default Viper Strike build. What a long strange trip it's been lol.

On my marauder I went back to my good 'ol Infernal Blow build. Ahhh nostalgia (and bosses die somewhat faster, key word being somewhat).

Joe's Photos

Good long session today, despite me not being able to get a Laby or proph in. Oh well. But anyway, here's all the records I played today:

GWAR - Scumdogs of the Universe
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Lou Reed - Rock 'n Roll Animal
Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle

And tomorrow is the start of my work week, so it'll be back to ~2 hour streams. And like always, thanks a bunch for watching/reading. Take care and have a pleasant night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing records while running me some maps/Labys/prophs.
My Youtube Channel.

Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 3, 2018, 1:25:08 AM
October 3, 2018.

Mostly ranger and duelist today (and a good day for my duelist, having only died once or twice!), just running maps, nothing out of the ordinary today.

And my work week has started, so it's going to only be ~2 hour streams for a while. :[

And here's the 33s I played:

Devo - Shout
The Sting - Movie Soundtrack
The Residents - Meet The Residents

Okay, have to get ready for work. Thanks for reading, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning vinyls while running maps/Labys/prophs before work.
My Youtube Channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info