Joe's Stream.

August 26, 2018.

As per usual, ranger. :]

Purely on a whim I switched over to Elemental Hit, which didn't last long. Its AoE is great, but its single-target sucks, especially when they have elemental resists. Plus I have to use Mana Leech gems just to make the build sustainable, since their mana costs are almost twice as much as Viper Strike. Sheesh!

I just ran maps, and actually got a few full completions and even did a new map as well: The Belfry!

Lord of the Grey (Belfry boss), 8/26/18

Various map completions

And then there's....

Moon Temple Madness!

And finally.... Oh my! What a mess!

Otherwise, that's a wrap for today. And here's the records I played:

Motorhead - Overkill
Suicide - Self-Titled Debut
Vangelis - Earth

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Running late making this blog post. Thanks for reading/watching, and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning vinyl records while making mincemeat out of monsters (when not getting one-shot of course :\ ).
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 26, 2018, 10:06:23 PM
August 27, 2018.

Bad day for streaming. To start, I was streaming in the middle of a thunderstorm. Had to break off and put my car in the garage in case it started hailing. And then all of a sudden GGG decided they wanted to do some maintenance, so I was left spinning my wheels for about an hour.

And then on top of that, about an hour into my stream my mic cut out on me for about 30 minutes, cuz i r wetodid and fogot to do mik chec evre so oftn. I r to buse runing maps to nodic that noone cud her me or my music. Ops!

But aside from all that, for the stream today I mostly played my ranger and I also played my shadow a little bit, until he got to the Act 8 Doedre boss and died several times, after which I cried uncle and put him back on the shelf. -_-

I also worked on my marauder for a while as well, and I solved his sustainability problem by trading in my Fortify gems - basically sacrificing damage and defense - and replacing them with Blood Magic gems. He's basically stuck with only doing low to mid-tier maps now, but at least he's much less of a logistical nightmare (and I can deep six my hybrid flasks).

And another almost perfect "white blossom" screenshot, another death-worthy shot:

And the usual "pasta sauce" screenshots (there could've been more, but was too ticked off from all the BS that went on today to care).

Pasta sauce, now with more beef & mushrooms.

And here's the records I played today:

Ween - God Ween Satan (sans sides 3 & 4. See above)
Tchaikovsky - Nutcracker Suite
Paul Simon - Graceland

Okay, time to call it a night. Tired & hungry. Take care, and see ya next time (hopefully under better conditions and I'm in a better mood). ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing LP records, running maps, and blowing up monsters into gory chunks (when not getting killed myself :\ ). Before maintenance
"Joe's Stream" Temporarily playing Pinball Arcade until the damn Path of Exile comes back up.
"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing LP records, running maps, and blowing up monsters into gory chunks (when I'm not getting killed myself :\ ). After maintenance
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 28, 2018, 1:40:05 AM
WARNING! SUPER LONG BLOG POST!

August 28, 2018.

This morning off-stream I worked on my marauder some more. I moved the Pyre ring that my ranger uses over to him, and found that it worked wonders, especially aesthetically. Usually Infernal Blow leaves nothing after the monsters explode. The Pyre ring actually leaves some carnage, although not as much as ranger (less "chunky" I guess?), presumably due to a 50%/50% chance of the death going to either Infernal Blow or the Pyre ring. His single-target still sucks though. :[

Boom baby boom!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the evening stream I spread the love a bit. I started on my marauder, running low-tier maps, and eventually setting him up with Blood Magic. No mana, no mana problems. So now I can ditch the Blood Magic gems he was using and put the Fortifys back in. But now he has to deal with his health cut in half. Oh well, those are the breaks.

After this, I played my ranger a while, running even more maps. And I also completed a new one as well: The Bog.

Skullbeak (Bog map boss), 8/28/18

And after this, I overhauled my shadow. I replaced the daggers he was using:

With a pair of these:

Basically trading in damage for higher crit, attack speed, and better healing. I also made several other changes to him as well. Now he plays a lot smoother, so for the moment, he's off the shelf! Oh, and he finally defeated Doedre the Vile!

Joe's Photos #1
Oh, what a white blossom shot!

Man, Tora wasn't kidding! These monsters haven't been killed but maybe a few seconds and already plants are sprouting up!

And tomorrow, my work week starts back up, so it'll be back to 1-2 hour sessions and short blog posts. :[

A very busy session today otherwise! And with that, here's all the records I played today:

The Cure - Disintegration
Bill Cosby - Why is There Air?
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Stan Getz - With Alurindo Almeida
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

Okay, calling it a night. Hopefully I can stream later on today, but we'll see. Until then though, take care and thanks for reading all this (long one, I know). And seee ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyls and running maps and making chunky salsa out of monsters!
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 29, 2018, 2:09:29 AM
August 29, 2018. 4:00am stream.

This is one of my rare morning streams. I normally stream Pinball Arcade at this time, but I'm burnt to a crisp on it. And Bully crashes like crazy, like, more than PoE does! So, Path of Exile it is.

Split my time between ranger and marauder today, running maps - mostly Gardens maps for some reason - and I completed a brand new one as well: The Precinct.

Me defeating the Precinct boss (Path of Exile). I thought it was "only" a rogue exile. :\

Joe's Photos #2

If you need a gem in order to provide you with this, even that gem couldn't help you.

A good session overall today. And here's the LPs I played tod..... Otherwise, that'll do 'er. Thanks for reading/watching, always appreciated. Take care and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Running more maps, possibly some story progression on my shadow. No vinyl this time. :[
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Aug 29, 2018, 8:59:59 AM
August 29, 2018.

All ranger today. I tried to play my marauder, but he couldn't even survive a mere daily, so back on my ranger I went. >:|

And for the big news: My ranger finally hit level 87!

Aside from that, just ran some more maps, including another new one: The Pier.

Ancient Architect (Pier map boss), 8/29/18

I also swapped out my belts, going from:

to a

A slight upgrade, giving me more life, always good!

But, that's the session for today. My work week has started up, so it'll be short streams and blog posts now. And here's the vinyls I played today:

Roky Erickson - Gremlins Have Pictures
Richard Pryor - That N*****r's Crazy
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Okay, have to start getting ready for work now. Take care and thanks for reading/watching, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing records and running maps while exploding some monsters.
My Youtube Channel.
August 30, 2018.

Mostly ranger, with a little bit of marauder at the end. Running maps, like usual. And I tried to do a few new ones as well. Torture Chamber was a dismal failure. But the Ghetto map was just barely a completion, considering the debuffs I had!

Shock and Horror (Torture Chamber map boss, failure), 8/30/18

Otherwise, a pretty good session overall!

Joe's Photos (and some from yesterday that I forgot to add)

And here's what I played this session:

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Blood, Sweat, and Tears - Self-Titled 2nd Album
Prince - " " " "

Okay, have to get ready for work. Take care and thanks for watching/reading. And have a great night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning a few 33s while running maps and making monsters go *BOOM!*
My Youtube Channel.
August 31, 2018.

Split my time between my ranger and my marauder today, running maps and tried the new Withering Support and Herald of Agony gems as well. So far I like them, even though I'll have to switch back to Vitality so my health doesn't drop like a rock because of Blood Rage.

And I also partially completed a new map: The Cursed Crypt

Aaaaand did a corrupted rare daily map too (apparently you can choose which Zana daily you want to do now :D ), even though I didn't kill the bosses or complete the daily. :\

So, a pretty good session overall. And as far as the new league goes, if I choose to do it (no fan of starting over), it'll probably be on my next day off, so I can actually spend some doing it, and not just spend 1-2 hours doing it on a work night. But, that's that on that. And here's the records I played this time:

Run-DMC - Self-Titled Debut (inspired after watching this video. More old-school rap on the way, eventually)
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones (side one)

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Running late making this blog post. Take care and thanks for watching/reading. And have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyls, running maps, and blowing apart some monsters. >:]
My Youtube Channel.
September 1, 2018.

Like yesterday, I split my time between ranger and marauder. Running maps and stuff. Tried to go back to a stun setup on my marauder, but like usual it was short lived. :\

I also ran a new unique map: Hallowed Ground. It was part of Zana's dailies, so it didn't count towards the Atlas completion though. :[

Otherwise, not much else going on this time. Found a keeper screenie, but that's about it.

And as for the records I played today they were:

Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
Jigs on the Green (Irish music)
Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord

So, that's all folks. Have to start getting ready for work now. Take care and seee ya next time. Adios!

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] LP records and clearing out maps before I gotta work.
My Youtube Channel.
September 2, 2018.

All ranger today, running maps, as well as goofing around with various gem setups. Eventually, I just got rid of the Herald of Agony since I'm not a projectile player (pure melee here), and I felt that the core of my build was starting to get diluted because of that. I did however keep the Portal gem and replaced the Blood Magic gem I was using with it. Big time quality-of-life improvement with that, especially when it's at 20% quality.

Some bad luck today. I had to end my stream right when a viewer came by to visit (have to work tonight and blog posts can take a long time for me to make). Sorry about that mrburzy. I'm off tomorrow, so I should be able to stream longer.

Otherwise, just another honky dory session. Got some screenshots though:

Some screenshots though
Oh, what a nice blue blossom shot!

Seems they upgraded the graphics on the caustic clouds. They used to be practically invisible. Not anymore!

Some sexy carnage. Gotta love that Pyre ring!

And before I forget, here's the records I played today:

Bill Justis - Plays 12 More Big Instrumental Hits
Rush - Caress of Steel
The Golden Era of Dixieland Jazz, 1887-1937

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Take care and thanks for watching/reading. And have yourselves a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning a few 33s while running some mappies before I have to work.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 2, 2018, 9:54:54 PM
September 3, 2018.

All ranger again today, running maps, like usual.

Pretty eventful session today, with lots of screenshots!

A couple map completions.

A few tough maps.

Some good insta-gibs

Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

FYI I have to take these then get the hell out of Dodge before I get killed!

Decided to fun around with Lightning Strike at the tail end of the stream. Fun ability, but like all the others I've tried it's great for AoE. For single-target/bosses, not so much. :|

But, that's that on that. Busy session today. And here's the record albums I played this session:

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Metallica - Live in Winnipeg, '86
Kraftwerk - Ralf & Florian
The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll

Okay, that's gonna do it for me. I'm outta here. Gonna try to stream some Pinball Arcade later on today, so I'll need to get a nap in at some point. But anyway, thanks for reading/watching. Take care and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing some records while doing some map running and insta-gibbing some monsters.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 4, 2018, 1:36:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info