[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
Hey, you mind looking at my char and giving me any insight on what I should do next? would love some input.

I’ll have a look later today. At work right now and have a bunch of errands and other stuff planned when I quit.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
Hey, you mind looking at my char and giving me any insight on what I should do next? would love some input.

I’ll have a look later today. At work right now and have a bunch of errands and other stuff planned when I quit.

Thanks!
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Why have you got so many different gem slots on the gear,for example you use GGGB on the head in the gear tab but on your current gear you use RRGG and then on the boot's RRRB but then in current it's RGGB and on PoB it's all GGGG on most things.

I've brought some pieces based on the guide and now i don't know if i've just wasted Chaos buying starjonja's with GGGB, Drakray vectors With RRRB and also Bloodseeker with GGB?

might be worth actually making sure the guide is consistent....
you also seem to have hatred and hearald of ice on multiple gear pieces is this intentional or?
PoB only seems good for the skill tree but the gear and gem's are just a mess.

Sorry if this comes of as toxic or hostile just thoroughly confused at the guide that otherwise make the build look fun to play.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.
The colors on the links I have right now doesn't really matter. I don't have everything set up the way I want it to yet, so I change the colours and move around the gems whenever I upgrade my items.
And it doesn't really matter what the colours are in PoB. That's just because there's really no real reason to change them since I have no skills/gear that changes depending on their colours.

It doesn't really matter where you place what either.

Hatred and Herald of Ice are on different places right now because it doesn't matter if they are linked unless I also have an Enlighten. They work just fine even if they are in different pieces of gear.

But I move around the gems when I upgrade my gear every now and then, because it's easier to get the right colours for different gems, on different items.

In the end, you really don't have to have stuff linked the same way I do.
If you have an enlighten gem you should have it linked with Hatred and Herald of Ice. Otherwise it doesn't matter where they are placed.

And I hope you're not buying new gear every time you need to change the colours on something. Chromatic orbs does the job just fine. :p

Ah that makes sense i understand now, just to make sure the gem's themselves don't change just they might be linked on different gear?
Hi,

One question about the Atziri flask: since we convert all phys to cold, the roll for the phys gained as chaos is important, or only the elemental? Is this gain applied before phys to cold conversion or after?
"

Ah that makes sense i understand now, just to make sure the gem's themselves don't change just they might be linked on different gear?

Exactly. The only exception is if you have a shield with the modifier ”socketed gems have 10-15% reduced mana reservervation”. Then you need to have your auras in the shield for it to work.

Don't panic.
"
bibanul wrote:
Hi,

One question about the Atziri flask: since we convert all phys to cold, the roll for the phys gained as chaos is important, or only the elemental? Is this gain applied before phys to cold conversion or after?

All increased/reduced damage modifiers are applied at the same time as the conversion, and I’m 99% sure that applies to ”extra damage” as well. The modifiers that only affect physical damage will be calculated separately from the cold damage though. So you can’t ”double dip” anymore.

Damage-calculation is logical when you know how it works, but a bit messy before you know the order in which the modifiers are applied. I’d love to go in further on it, but I’m on my phone at work (I have a lot of downtime).

The wiki has a (somewhat) decent explanation.

Edit: my explanation is far from complete, but I can’t do better right now on the phone.

Edit 2: TLDR, yes, sort of.

Edit 3: Without getting too complicated, this is basically the order in which damage is calculated:

"

First thing that happens is that your flat damage is added together.

So your base damage + any "added damage" modifier.
Let's say your DPS after this value is 100 Physical DPS and you have 100% phys to cold conversion, for simplicity.
You also have:
50% physical damage as extra chaos damage
100% increased physical damage
100% increased cold damage
100% MORE melee damage

From here on, the damage calculation works like this:
100 PDPS x 50% of physical damage gained as extra chaos damage = you gain 50 Chaos DPS

Then you add all the % increased damage modifiers together. Since you have 100% conversion, that means you have a total of 200% increased damage. So we calculate from your base DPS again.

100 PDPS x 200% increased damage = 300 Cold DPS (since it's all converted now)

Right now you have 300 Cold DPS and 50 Chaos DPS, so 350 DPS in total.

After all of these calculations, you finally add the more melee damage modifier.

So 100% increased damage of 350 DPS = 700 DPS. This is your final value.

If you also had 100 flat cold dps, it would only gain the bonus from the % increased cold damage, and would be calculated separately, just like the chaos dps, and the result would be added together with the rest, before the more melee damage modifier.

Sorry if it got messy. I'm super tired after getting no sleep tonight, and still managing to get to work somehow.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 9, 2019, 7:10:26 AM
"
bibanul wrote:
Hi,

As far as I know in case of "100% of physical converted to cold" both parts of Atziri flask work with full force.

If you had "60% of physical converted to cold" then you'd have physical part at 100% of effectiveness and elemental at 60% effectiveness only.
(So let say skill that does 100,000 damage would get 20,000 extra from the phys to chaos but only 9,000 from ele to chaos and not full 15,000 - I take max rolled flask as example to make it simple).

If you had, I dunno, frozen pulse that is frost damage baseline and no conversion, then physical part would have 0 effect, and elemental part would have 100% effect.
Hi Guys,

Loving the build so far (haven't tried FB for a couple of years, loved it then, loving it now).

Just getting to maps, best budget weapon option?... Bloodseeker or Touch of Anguish? I'm thinking at this stage ToA because really I just need the damage/clear from that more than the instant leech?

Any thoughts?
So how is everyone doing with the Blight league mechanic?

I just reached T2 maps, and it's going okay. It all depends on how the waves spawn. But I can see it becomming much harder in red maps, anyone have some experience?

The real problem I see are in blighted maps. I tried to clear a T1, and it was a shitshow. Impossible to be everywhere at once, and also upgrade towers. How are you handling these maps, and what is your strategy?

@Fiver - I got both the Bloodseeker and was lucky with a The Wasp Nest drop, so im using both to level. At what point should I switch to a shield? It seems the damage is much better with dual wielding these bad boys? Also which one should I keep incase I go shield. Tyvm :)
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:
Hi Guys,

Loving the build so far (haven't tried FB for a couple of years, loved it then, loving it now).

Just getting to maps, best budget weapon option?... Bloodseeker or Touch of Anguish? I'm thinking at this stage ToA because really I just need the damage/clear from that more than the instant leech?

Any thoughts?

Both are nice. ToA for damage, Bloodseeker for survival.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info