Path of Exile Talent Competition 2018

Cloak of Defiance

Hello everyone. I'm ND, a garment designer from Hong Kong.

For me, the Cloak of Defiance is definitely one of the most iconic piece of unique in the whole game. That is why I would like to make an actual 1:1 size Cloak of Defiance as a tribute to one of the first memory of the game. After a week of work and some help from my beloved friends I'd like to share my entry for the competition.

Clothes & Art Direction : ND
Makeup Artist & Model : MT
Photographer : Kiu

Styling Shots (DSLR):

Spoiler

Styling Shots (Lomography Automat):

Spoiler

Garment Shots:

Spoiler
With lights:

Without lights:

Here are some making of photos and description for the project.

Making Of:

Spoiler
Fabric Sourcing:

For the fabric - I would like to give the clock a bit more texture and sheen. That's why I choice a crepe with a textual finish and not just simple satin fabric for robes.

Spoiler

Fabric Testing:

There are a lot of burnt part on the hem of the cloak, I need to make sure the fabric is combustible and would create the rough edges like the ones appeared on the game icon. Also I'd like to make the runes on the scarf glow in the dark to make it extra special.

Spoiler

Draping & Sewing:

Spoiler

Painting the Scarf

The paint I use is actually a Phosphorescent acrylic but I used a squeeze bottle instead of brushes. It is because the thicker the paint the brighter it glows in the dark.

Spoiler

Photoshoot Day

Spoiler

Thanks for watching and hope you guys enjoy the entry!

Last edited by andaerial2 on Feb 5, 2018, 8:58:34 AM

The Atlas-Traveler's-Notebook

Introduction

Aren't you tired of having a million sticky notes around your pc when the new league starts?
Having to write down that grocery shopping list for the no-life-new-league-weekend over and over again?
Do you wanna track your characters progress and dps of this league and maybe do the build 5 leagues later again? Can't find your build from 5 leagues ago in poe builder?

And you guys from GGG, what if something pops up your mind randomly? wouldnt it be handy to have somewhere to write to-do's, ideas, changes and dates for meetings and so on down in one work related notebook?

This is the solution and will end every mess!

Everybody knows ringbound planers all to well, this is a planer without rings.
I have been making Travler's Notebooks (TNs) for a while now and a friend of mine saw this competition and said i should take part. we threw ideas at each other and then i started to craft this.

It's a piece of plain leather, 26cm x 16cm big (10,24in x 6,30in), worked on with many tools that got the middle part of the atlas lasered onto it and then got brown hand stitching to complete the look of it.

total worktime: ~ 9 hours ( 4 people including me were involved in the process)

more pictures

front side

back side

side view

inside view (little pocket in the front, penloop in the back)

Those do become more and more popular and are handy for many different reasons (wanna know why? read spoiler!)
It's got flexible textile strings on the inside to hold some sort of booklet (this one holds 4 booklets total), like your new-league-prep-notes, buildnotes, personal organizer or whatever else you would want to write down.

why Travelers's Notebooks are becoming popular

Traveler's Notebooks (short "TNs") are becoming popular because they are in some ways much more handy than ringbound planers.

1. ringbound planers require a special sized and specially hole-punched paper, that you have to rebuy every year and most of those inlays arent especially cheap. The TN has strings and depending on the size you get you can just insert notebooks that are commonly used by students. thats by far cheaper and you can get them easily. also personal organizers in booklet-form tend to be cheaper or given away for free as advertisement for a company.

2.it doenst matter if you are left or right handed, the rings of a ringbound planer are in the way if you wanna write on one page or the other. there's nothing in the way with a TN. you have 1 string in the middle of your booklet and that's it. the TN lays flat which means you do not have to take anything out in order to be able to write in it properly.

3. you have everything at one place but still separated to keep everything organized. there's 4 separate booklets in one place, each booklet can be used for a different purpose. that way, you can find everything easily but still can be sure you have everything you need with you. like a personal planer, a personal notebook, an adressbook and a booklet for worknotes. Or if we wanna stay with poe it be general new-league-prepping-notes, most important info of what changed, character theory planing + character progress and general info that you tend to forget about the game (plans on what maps to shape, god knows what, there's no limit to this ;) )

4. you can use as much space in your booklet as you want and need.
ringbound planer inlays, specially those for your personal planer, have limited space for each day. if you need to write down more, welp, you're screwed. With a TN you have as much room as you need.

There was a lot of trial and error involved here but i am very happy with the outcome and would gladly make more of these, as its fun to connect 2 things i love - leather crafting and PoE.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRvpmIjAm6E&feature=youtu.be

This is my entry devs! I hope you'll laugh a lot. The video includes a lot of memes, a soundtrack cover made by me, 2 animations made with bones in Dragonbones and some of my own drawings.
A gathering of the four you face in Oriath, before it falls, of course.
IGN: Newominus
https://soundbutt.com/user-51721741-74794233/path-of-exile-contest-entry

I gave the witch an orchestral intro theme using some of the game's voice lines and music I made for this entry. The entire thing was built using propellerhead reason to compose edit and attempt to mix and master. [I still have a lot of mixing to learn, I know.] Either way I hope it will be enjoyed.
Last edited by Elvarien on Feb 8, 2018, 10:22:15 PM
Minion Exile

Grab your daughter's toy
Take her clay
Apply water color
Da - da
Can't give it back now

A Minion goes to the Atlas in his quest to find the greatest source of banana.
This is my creation.

https://youtu.be/tEvHSul6FMA
Hi, i've seen many great creations here so i decided to make something special, i suppose many of you know card game called "Hearthstone". And there is the point, that game is made out of cards, and in Path of exile we have plenty of cards. So my idea was to connect these games together. I made 8 of most valuable cards from POE in Hearthstone theme. Hope u like it!

https://imgur.com/a/zTp8r

I dont know how to post images directly there so here is link to all 8 cards.

Spoiler
Zana is hot

Well i tryied my best Death : https://www.flickr.com/photos/159351567@N08/39182742135/in/dateposted-public/

Don't know how to post it properly :/ the dedline is comming close and i have to get to bed :))
Last edited by TomasProchazka on Feb 4, 2018, 12:06:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info