Cutedog video on earning currency for beginners as mandatory watch would discourage playbase

"
kaepae wrote:
Well, he's not the only one giving this advice. Other streamers make this a recurring topic as well. In the end, they get asked how they make currency and that is what they explain. Imo, someone with like 5k+ hours in this game (anyone) can hardly advice newcomers.

For those, the chaos recipe is not that bad a thing. Usually the advice goes against it, while for the newest, really, it's not bad to get things started.

Additionally, I feel that an item like Bisco's is overrated by many. You don't need it to start getting serious currency - especially if you gimp your build to try and save up for it. I read it gives 17.5% iiq in the end? How about 4c gloves that give 16% iiq? To me a nice compromise.

Proper appraisal can net you good profits and it requires knowledge about the game. While the mechanics of trade I feel could enjoy quite some improvements, this aspect of the game should absolutely stay :)

Someone on Baeclast I think got feedback from the developers that the atlas currently isn't optimal in GGG's view. Perhaps with an expansion of the prophecy quests to span over the atlas could be used to bring more variety and resources, say 60%? or such compared to elite playstyles. That way the mainstream can enjoy the game more without the 1 map spam going on, still make good currency, while the efficiency hunters will still do their thing.

We'll see.

Cheers.

edit: grammar

People did math and arrived that bisco gives 22.5% or something like that. not 18.
BUT
People did not do the math for like legacy goldwyrm (30 iiq). If 70% of all mobs with 100% iiq arrived at 22.5% MORE items, wouldn't poor sadima or goldwyrm arrive at 10 or 12%?[/quote]

"
Miská wrote:
"
The ability to understand other types of players (= vast majority) in this thread is as bad as drops per hour on single target name locked char in white t1 maps.
All of you there are more or less experienced players, cream of the top, and you literaly don't understand how other players are playing.

So let's say cutedog sells all items that are shown in his uber strict filter
How does he know the price? Would new player vendor 120 crit 120 spell dmg wand? YES.
It only takes trade macro not working on your pc (for me it makes my fps go -80% so I use it in sessions once per week) to make half player's drops be useless for him.
Flipping - one dedicated player can make items 500% more expensive for anything between 50 and 500 players per week. IS THAT FINE WITH YOU?
That is literaly THE question I'm asking.

I know I shouldn't do this. But give an example of an item that is currently 500% more expensive because of a flipper. I'm genuinely interested.

The item that cutedog bought for 8c and put for 25 c. It's about 400%. But okay.
If flippers were non existant, many, many items would be a LOT cheaper. To make a comparison you want, you'd have to arrive at certain "normal" price, then increase it 5fold. Let's say ROTP though. Item WAS worth a few c, then jumped to 40c then I didn't bother to buy but it's probably 1 ex now. Of course, it was due to patch BUT people who needed it already had it. Enough of an example?

Then there is this fool who pmed me whole day to buy my poet's pen for 40c, pretending he needs it for a build, while clearly putting the same items for 80c. I laughed at it. Just an another example.
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Last edited by Prostitute4Money on Jan 17, 2018, 3:23:55 PM
Different people play this game for different reasons. Thats the great thing about it. while the meta today and the past few leagues are clear speed, dump tab, clearing 50 mapes per hr...efficiency etc... Thats only one way to play the game, as well as people looking at poe.trade and flipping stuff all day long and not even playing. Controlling the markets for certain items, etc. There are some people into racing, others do nothing but uber lab, some like to go for the big bosses...etc...etc..

If you think about it though, what is he amassing all this wealth for? Hes already got the best items, headhunter, etc, he does not roll any new characters to sink his wealth into because its inefficient to make more money, so what is he doing this all for? League is gonna be over in a month and a half. I guess its what he likes though, great for him. I mean imagine this game with players only like him in it, what would you even buy if no one was picking up items anymore? Where would all those lovely flippable gems be coming from he likes to flip if no one is picking them up because its not efficient to even look at items like that so they are all blocked.

I still like to take my time, try different builds, level new characters and still learning every day about this game, and actually use wisdom scrolls! The most fun I ever have in this game is to use a scroll on an item and go holy shit, thats good! Sometimes Ill even use a portal to go back and grab some more items to use those scrolls on, holy shit, imagine that!
Last edited by mkopec1 on Jan 17, 2018, 4:51:44 PM
There is a few things to consider with this subject, that boil down to one question.

Why do you want currency?

If you want currency to advance through maps and play the game at a normal level that's easily done by farming with any character that can clear alched maps. You just convert alt>jew>fuse and sell to the flippers to make easy and quick trades and get your self rolling.

If you want to make money for an expensive build, to craft, or just the sake of rolling in exalts you follow his advice, and probably already have a bisco's and shaped atlas.

XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
"
People did math and arrived that bisco gives 22.5% or something like that. not 18.
BUT
People did not do the math for like legacy goldwyrm (30 iiq). If 70% of all mobs with 100% iiq arrived at 22.5% MORE items, wouldn't poor sadima or goldwyrm arrive at 10 or 12%?

17.5% I think I heard on coffeetalk (#31?), but it's a 2 hour chat I can't find the exact moment back. It could be 22.5%, do you have a ref to the math/those people? Just out of interest.

Why would Sadima's be reduced? Its iiq goes for everything, not just normal targets.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae wrote:
"
BUT
People did not do the math for like legacy goldwyrm (30 iiq). If 70% of all mobs with 100% iiq arrived at 22.5% MORE items, wouldn't poor sadima or goldwyrm arrive at 10 or 12%?

17.5% I think I heard on coffeetalk (#31?), but it's a 2 hour chat I can't find the exact moment back. It could be 22.5%, do you have a ref to the math/those people? Just out of interest.

Why would Sadima's be reduced? Its iiq goes for everything, not just normal targets.

I did some math in excel back in the day, if there was no "diminishing returns" bisco would still be better than goldwyrm and sadima combined. We still don't know for sure how IIQ interacts with, for exampl bosses who have probably 2800 iiq to the boot. We can only guess. If it's just added, then bisco is better than rest of mf items, combined. If it's multiplied then yes sadima/goldwyrm are much better
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
what is this topic even about ?

players who play more will gain more currency and items than those who play less. no one said its a constant factor. and its especially true for flipping- its just like investment, which feeds back on itself. ie, its nice to have good investing skills, but its much more profitable to be investing with 200k in your bank account than with 200 dollars.

as long as you can trade any item in the game, flipping will always be more efficient than playing the game. and the more efficient the underlying system is, the less you can do to even attempt to equalize them. under current system and some starting capital, you can make ridiculous amount of money flipping items, and Im not even talking about large volume/botting. just big ticket item flipping. you would have to turn up drops (both currency and items) to something absolutely nonsensical to even get there...and if you just turn up currency drops it will just be inflation for sake of inflation

the days where playing the game could at the very least look at the flippers heels with binoculars were the days of forum shops and no poe.trade. that ship long sailed since.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info