Cutedog video on earning currency for beginners as mandatory watch would discourage playbase

Making fun of people with less knowledge than you is surely a nice pastime.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

This you dont have to flip at all. Just sextant block and up shaped a map, pick a fast AOE build like discharger, auto bomber, EK (1-2 min map builds)- load up neversinks uber super duper strict filter, run your shaped strands - channels - vaults or bogs all day and I guarantee you 10 ex a 8hr day. With quant even more. I've done it when I had time.

Can confirm. Abuse of blatantly overpowered sextants whilst running a shaped map with good clearspeed will rack you up tonnes of currency given enough playtime. Maybe not necessarily 10ex in 8hrs, since its all variable based on RNG but you will definitely earn currency. (even without ANY iiq)
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
Last edited by Doomstryver on Jan 15, 2018, 10:24:52 AM
Your premise is simply wrong. It's nice having some flippers in the game. My items sell faster and I can buy currency in bulk.
"
The ability to understand other types of players (= vast majority) in this thread is as bad as drops per hour on single target name locked char in white t1 maps.
All of you there are more or less experienced players, cream of the top, and you literaly don't understand how other players are playing.

So let's say cutedog sells all items that are shown in his uber strict filter
How does he know the price? Would new player vendor 120 crit 120 spell dmg wand? YES.
It only takes trade macro not working on your pc (for me it makes my fps go -80% so I use it in sessions once per week) to make half player's drops be useless for him.
Flipping - one dedicated player can make items 500% more expensive for anything between 50 and 500 players per week. IS THAT FINE WITH YOU?
That is literaly THE question I'm asking.

I'm fine with flippers, not fine with price fixers.
Sorry for being political but this thread should be studied in economics/politics classes.

OP wants more (government) oversight and regulation on the economy and cutedog is treated as a parasitic capitalistic opportuninst.

"

Let's limit purchases of anything other than currency/maps/fragments and we will be fine.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
"
Sorry for being political but this thread should be studied in economics/politics classes.

OP wants more (government) oversight and regulation on the economy and cutedog is treated as a parasitic capitalistic opportuninst.

"

Let's limit purchases of anything other than currency/maps/fragments and we will be fine.

Pls no :D

Those fucks would tax our loot for sure to maintain a bureaucracy noone asked for and noone needed, so they can be parasites and life of our efforts.

Oh wait no, thats real life...
Last edited by Orbaal on Jan 16, 2018, 12:52:13 PM
For some reason I find the original post and username combo to be fairly entertaining.
Taking CuteDog seriously in 2018 lul
Well, he's not the only one giving this advice. Other streamers make this a recurring topic as well. In the end, they get asked how they make currency and that is what they explain. Imo, someone with like 5k+ hours in this game (anyone) can hardly advice newcomers.

For those, the chaos recipe is not that bad a thing. Usually the advice goes against it, while for the newest, really, it's not bad to get things started.

Additionally, I feel that an item like Bisco's is overrated by many. You don't need it to start getting serious currency - especially if you gimp your build to try and save up for it. I read it gives 17.5% iiq in the end? How about 4c gloves that give 16% iiq? To me a nice compromise.

Proper appraisal can net you good profits and it requires knowledge about the game. While the mechanics of trade I feel could enjoy quite some improvements, this aspect of the game should absolutely stay :)

Someone on Baeclast I think got feedback from the developers that the atlas currently isn't optimal in GGG's view. Perhaps with an expansion of the prophecy quests to span over the atlas could be used to bring more variety and resources, say 60%? or such compared to elite playstyles. That way the mainstream can enjoy the game more without the 1 map spam going on, still make good currency, while the efficiency hunters will still do their thing.

We'll see.

Cheers.

edit: grammar
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last edited by kaepae on Jan 16, 2018, 6:57:41 PM
"
kaepae wrote:
Well, he's not the only one giving this advice. Other streamers make this a recurring topic as well. In the end, they get asked how they make currency and that is what they explain. Imo, someone with like 5k+ hours in this game (anyone) can hardly advice newcomers.

For those, the chaos recipe is not that bad a thing. Usually the advice goes against it, while for the newest, really, it's not bad to get things started.

Additionally, I feel that an item like Bisco's is overrated by many. You don't need it to start getting serious currency - especially if you gimp your build to try and save up for it. I read it gives 17.5% iiq in the end? How about 4c gloves that give 16% iiq? To me a nice compromise.

Proper appraisal can net you good profits and it requires knowledge about the game. While the mechanics of trade I feel could enjoy quite some improvements, this aspect of the game should absolutely stay :)

Someone on Baeclast I think got feedback from the developers that the atlas currently isn't optimal in GGG's view. Perhaps with an expansion of the prophecy quests to span over the atlas could be used to bring more variety and resources, say 60%? or such compared to elite playstyles. That way the mainstream can enjoy the game more without the 1 map spam going on, still make good currency, while the efficiency hunters will still do their thing.

We'll see.

Cheers.

edit: grammar

People did math and arrived that bisco gives 22.5% or something like that. not 18.
BUT
People did not do the math for like legacy goldwyrm (30 iiq). If 70% of all mobs with 100% iiq arrived at 22.5% MORE items, wouldn't poor sadima or goldwyrm arrive at 10 or 12%?
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info