Cutedog video on earning currency for beginners as mandatory watch would discourage playbase

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
This you dont have to flip at all. Just sextant block and up shaped a map, pick a fast AOE build like discharger, auto bomber, EK (1-2 min map builds)- load up neversinks uber super duper strict filter, run your shaped strands - channels - vaults or bogs all day and I guarantee you 10 ex a 8hr day. With quant even more. I've done it when I had time.

I got the itch to write the same essay as Demonoz and said, "Fuck it, they won't listen."

I don't flip items or currency so I don't expect this:

Spoiler

No one should expect to swim in currency without putting time and effort in. Stop using people who's job is to play PoE as a metric for your success.
"
Gref wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
This you dont have to flip at all. Just sextant block and up shaped a map, pick a fast AOE build like discharger, auto bomber, EK (1-2 min map builds)- load up neversinks uber super duper strict filter, run your shaped strands - channels - vaults or bogs all day and I guarantee you 10 ex a 8hr day. With quant even more. I've done it when I had time.

I got the itch to write the same essay as Demonoz and said, "Fuck it, they won't listen."

I don't flip items or currency so I don't expect this:

Spoiler

No one should expect to swim in currency without putting time and effort in. Stop using people who's job is to play PoE as a metric for your success.

But what if i'm gods gift to this earth?

Spoiler
I feel the urge to add j/k, since some people might not get the cynical humor in that

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
But what if i'm gods gift to this earth?

Spoiler
I feel the urge to add j/k, since some people might not get the cynical humor in that

Peace,

-Boem-

Joking aside, that's the vibe I get when reading some of these posts.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
You want to make currency... Play the Fucking Game... Simple as that.

The more you play the more shit you will get. Likewise the more efficiently you play the more shit you will get and in a shorter period of time. Combine these two ideas and you have the basis of which making tons of currency throughout a league is possible with no other shenanigans.

If you dont have tons of hours per day to play then you must play efficiently.. If you dont play efficiently then you at least better have tons of time to play. And then if you want to be on the same level of currency generation as someone like Cute_Dog or any other streamer you had best be doing BOTH.... Playing a shit ton per day and as efficiently as possible per day. Thats the difference between players who have lots of currency and those who do not. Besides other factors like rerolling way too much because if your not mapping your not using your time to its fullest either... is time played and how you use that time in game.

Of course there are other more nefarious ways to make currency but if you just play the game and map alot currency will follow. I dont its any secret by now that if you are willing to give up playing the actual game and willing to stand in your HO all day flipping and trading around shit you can maximize gains but for someone like me who likes actually playing the game thats just not an option..

Ive made more currency this league than i have in the past year worth of league combined... The ONLY thing ive done differently is im not working ATM and have much more free time to play. So when im mapping all inefficient and shit like i always do i make up that type of play in raw hours played.
Ive also been picking up on efficiency this league because of trying to level as high as i can with one of my builds this is has also played a role in my currency generation. Proof is in the pudding.

Id dont flip currency, items, or any of that shit i only use trade to sell off good drops i find. Thats it none of that other shit is nessisary. The only difference between the haves and the have nots is simple... The haves play the fuck out of the game and as efficiently as possible.. the have nots reroll every other day and take 20-30 mins per map..

OMFG Run 8 ours a day the same map over and over again. That sounds FUN AF!
"
LaurelWreaths wrote:

OMFG Run 8 ours a day the same map over and over again. That sounds FUN AF!

This guy is right. Clearing white flooded mines maps in SSF sounds much more fun.
Ill play how i want to play kthxbai
The ability to understand other types of players (= vast majority) in this thread is as bad as drops per hour on single target name locked char in white t1 maps.
All of you there are more or less experienced players, cream of the top, and you literaly don't understand how other players are playing.

So let's say cutedog sells all items that are shown in his uber strict filter
How does he know the price? Would new player vendor 120 crit 120 spell dmg wand? YES.
It only takes trade macro not working on your pc (for me it makes my fps go -80% so I use it in sessions once per week) to make half player's drops be useless for him.
Flipping - one dedicated player can make items 500% more expensive for anything between 50 and 500 players per week. IS THAT FINE WITH YOU?
That is literaly THE question I'm asking.
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
The problem is that flipping is not fun. I did it in Warband and I was swimming in currency. It is draining, it is annoying and it only works if you are unemployed else it's not worth the effort .

You want to have fun? Play normally without specifically shaping, ssf if you want a challenge, non-ssf if you want to play for fun.
"
The ability to understand other types of players (= vast majority) in this thread is as bad as drops per hour on single target name locked char in white t1 maps.
All of you there are more or less experienced players, cream of the top, and you literaly don't understand how other players are playing.

So let's say cutedog sells all items that are shown in his uber strict filter
How does he know the price? Would new player vendor 120 crit 120 spell dmg wand? YES.
It only takes trade macro not working on your pc (for me it makes my fps go -80% so I use it in sessions once per week) to make half player's drops be useless for him.
Flipping - one dedicated player can make items 500% more expensive for anything between 50 and 500 players per week. IS THAT FINE WITH YOU?

I know I shouldn't do this. But give an example of an item that is currently 500% more expensive because of a flipper. I'm genuinely interested.
"

Yes? Flipping is something normal in any game (or anything) with an economy. I don't see why you're so upset that some players get richer by understanding the market and playing it. Sounds like your problem is jealousy tbh.

Edit: Also I wonder if you know or talk to flippers, probably in your guild? Most players flips in mine and they even joke about it since they tend to compete against each other.
"Did you contact him? oh he invited you, DAMN well you got this one..."
"oh come on you must have messaged him 0.1 sec before me"

Meanwhile I troll them by putting a Poet Pen for ~10 chaos and making all their notifications trigger.
Last edited by Mezion on Jan 15, 2018, 8:37:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info