Cutedog video on earning currency for beginners as mandatory watch would discourage playbase

The video is a great crash course on playing efficiently and generating currency.

Even the worst player can shit out a few exalts by vaaling gems for 21/20 every few days.

Unless GGG wants a mass exodus of players there is no reason to put restrictions on trade.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Personally I actually play the game... Hardly ever trade. I do agree GGG needs to come up with a way where playing the game is more profitable than playing the flipping game. I think it's crazy that players who often do not even play the game can actually horde most, if not all the wealth in the game.

In one of the older trading threads I have actually opted the idea of limiting the amount of trades a person can do per day. GGG needs to step up in my opinion and cut the flipping(and pricefixing with it) out of the game, and make playing the game the default setting for wealth. Even only limiting the amount of items a person can list for trade per day would already help alot, 2-5 items listing per day would do it.

Ofcourse many players will disagree, as there is only one way they know how to make wealth(flipping), but these are usually also the players that post they are bored after 5 days in a new league. So the way I see it is when they get rid of flipping it is a win-win for the game.

Ofcourse things aren't as black and white as this, but it definately is a problem.

That’s fucking retarded. Let’s limit the number of maps to 5 for every players as well because it is unfair to players that don’t have more than 30 minutes of play time at day. Cry me a fucking river.

The funny thing is the majority of players probably don’t even trade. That is why posts saying somehow noobs are the reason this should change is ridiculous. It is more of the 2-10% being jealous of the top 1% as oppose to this ‘the mass is suffering’ narrative.
Last edited by Vthree33 on Jan 14, 2018, 3:27:45 AM
Ugh the usual butthurt rubbish - "I can't / don't want to do xxx so everyone else should be prevented from doing it"
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
I don't sextant block, chain the same map or flip, I can still whip out 50 exalts easily. I know 50 exalts is nothing, a chump change, but still it is more than enough for trying every build out there which should be the main reason we play.
"
Vthree33 wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Personally I actually play the game... Hardly ever trade. I do agree GGG needs to come up with a way where playing the game is more profitable than playing the flipping game. I think it's crazy that players who often do not even play the game can actually horde most, if not all the wealth in the game.

In one of the older trading threads I have actually opted the idea of limiting the amount of trades a person can do per day. GGG needs to step up in my opinion and cut the flipping(and pricefixing with it) out of the game, and make playing the game the default setting for wealth. Even only limiting the amount of items a person can list for trade per day would already help alot, 2-5 items listing per day would do it.

Ofcourse many players will disagree, as there is only one way they know how to make wealth(flipping), but these are usually also the players that post they are bored after 5 days in a new league. So the way I see it is when they get rid of flipping it is a win-win for the game.

Ofcourse things aren't as black and white as this, but it definately is a problem.

That’s fucking retarded. Let’s limit the number of maps to 5 for every players as well because it is unfair to players that don’t have more than 30 minutes of play time at day. Cry me a fucking river.

The funny thing is the majority of players probably don’t even trade. That is why posts saying somehow noobs are the reason this should change is ridiculous. It is more of the 2-10% being jealous of the top 1% as oppose to this ‘the mass is suffering’ narrative.

I was kinda expecting a reply like this. Using hyperbole to make your statement in your first paragraph doesn't really work when my whole point is to make the game actually worth more playing. Your examples would limit actual gameplay, not the AH simulator or flipping side, as some 'players'(very lose term, as in my opinion they are not playing the game) approach the game. Standing in your hideout all day in a GAME, just to flip/play AH simulator and still getting more wealth than players who actually PLAY the game is a wrong design.

About your second paragraph: Just because most players do not trade, or because some players only run 1 map per month, does not mean 'players' should get richer by actually NOT playing the game(flipping). A game is meant to be played, and this should be the most productive way to gain wealth. Otherwise GGG might as well just remove the entire game and just randomly grant items to accounts so players can use it to flip on a trade site. Which is actually how some players approach the game currently(wtf?!).

So yes, heavy trade restrictions and/or item listing restrictions should be implemented. Make the game about the actual gameplay again. This is all my opinion ofcourse.

PS: I have nothing against players who play 24/7, or those who run 1000 maps in 2 minutes... I consider that actual gameplay. Flipping/AH simulator is not!
Last edited by sarannah101 on Jan 14, 2018, 6:51:57 AM
"
This guy, talking to noobs, first talks how to sextant block. It's like his first words!
He doesnt mention using his voice that he has bisco, but it's written in the chat.
So, okay, his mistake, anyone can make currency with sextant blocking and bisco, but he probably should tell people how to get there.

Then his another chapter is how to nolife do 60 maps in 60 minutes, while shield charging between vendor and map portals. So I learned that if I did good drugs and had nothing to do, I'd be rich in poe. You know, some of these drugs that make you excited to clean your kitchen - because it's exactly how exciting is doing shaped channels back to back right now.

Rest of his advice is legit, like spam 60 maps with alchs then remove bricked ones and put them for sell.

But then best part - he teaches players how to flip items. Flipping items is bit of prisoner dillema scenario. If nobody does this, everyone is happy. If everyone does this, everyone is happy too (because everyone sells their items for exalts, not chaoses).
This parasitic life/playstyle is only possible due to exploting unaware players. This is not "efficiency", just parasite behaviour. It NEEDS noobs to work. Just like diamond mine owner NEEDS those 1 usd per hour workers to mine them.

In real life we have at least SOME laws against exploiting the workforce (unaware players in this case).

But the bottom point is this. If those parasitic players would play with each other, and noob players played with each other only, stories of "I play for month and have 10c" would disappear.

INB4 whine. Yes, I did pretty a bank doing flipping in legacy league for ONE WEEK. At first I laughed how doing one easy map nets me 30c. Then I wanted to cry about how stupid this system is and ceased the flipping.

It's not okay if player who does 10x as much maps per days earns 30-100x as much as the player two who doesn't flip. I sincerily hope we get trade restrictions. NOBODY needs to buy more than two rare items per day, OMG. It's all for flipping. On my current lab runner bf char I bought 3 chests in total, 1 offhand and 3 swords in total, 4 helmets in total (only due to mistakes on The Oak calculations), probably 2 boots and gloves each, with like 3 purchases per slot of rings and amulets.

Let's limit purchases of anything other than currency/maps/fragments and we will be fine.

You're probably just a troll, but fuck it ill bite. There is absolutely nothing wrong with flipping if its done by an actual person(i.e. not a bot) If you underprice something, thats on you. Dont blame someone with market knowledge for exploiting your stupidity, learn a lesson from it and move on.

Last edited by DuckYourHead321 on Jan 14, 2018, 7:12:02 AM
Your point about flipping is pretty stupid to be honest.

The only ones i would say are assholes are the ones actively manipulating prices and making bank on that, all other forms of what you call flipping are

1) applying game knowledge
2) providing a service

Applying game knowledge

If i find a helmet on Poe trade with 100+ life and double resistances, with an open slot for a third resistance for let's say 5 chaos orbs.
Then i buy that item and invest in it, crafting a third resistance and i take the gamble i will be able to sell it for maybe 25 chaos.

That's actively applying knowledge of the suffix/affix system with which items are created.

Providing a service

Let's say i buy 1000 allterations for 50 chaos and then i sell those allterations for 55 chaos, then i am offering a service.
I am offering the ability to purchase allterations from me in bulk so that person does not have to go around purchasing stacks of 100 allterations from 10 different people. Such a person is inclined to pay a premium for avoiding that hassle.
That person is still able to buy those allterations per 100 ten times, but they actively decide not to.
Should i spend my time "flipping currency" like you state it and not make a profit for the service i provide?
Should i offer ubber atziri kills or ubber lab kills for free?
When you create a service and put time in that service, you are allowed to ask for a return on that service, else people would not partake in the activity.

If you don't understand why those activity's provide an income then you fail to acknowledge that they are desired by the community as a whole and that's a fail on you, not on the person providing it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Flipping is the opposite of parasitic. This is a free market. Items are worth what people will pay for them as well as what people are willing to sell them for.

I don't condone market fixing, but flipping is a part of life. Buy low sell high is a very basic financial principle. One you should learn young.

Those laws you refer to only apply to market manipulation (listing with no intention of selling). Not private purchases. This market is not regulated and because of that there are no protections in regards to pricing. I do think it's underhanded to price items with no intent to sell in order to lower the price of said item(s), but in a free personal market there's nothing illegal about it.

And no, this "parasitic" behavior is a part of what drives the market in the first place. People play the market for the explicit reason that it is profitable. In large part, this is because of the diversity in knowledge and services available to be bought and sold.

Flipping is a non-issue. Either you do it or you don't. If you buy intelligently, then you will be rewarded.

I did this early in the league and got rich. Got 1 character into guardians. Did maps, bought sold and traded and invested in items I knew would go up in price. Little did I know I ended up cornering a market somewhat and drove my own items up in price by 2 times in a matter of days. I wasn't taking advantage of anyone. I bought low and sold in a way that would reap me a reward.

Limiting purchases has to be among the dumbest suggestions I've seen on the topic of trade here. It's so antithetical to the free and open ideals the current poe market represents.
You want to make currency... Play the Fucking Game... Simple as that.

The more you play the more shit you will get. Likewise the more efficiently you play the more shit you will get and in a shorter period of time. Combine these two ideas and you have the basis of which making tons of currency throughout a league is possible with no other shenanigans.

If you dont have tons of hours per day to play then you must play efficiently.. If you dont play efficiently then you at least better have tons of time to play. And then if you want to be on the same level of currency generation as someone like Cute_Dog or any other streamer you had best be doing BOTH.... Playing a shit ton per day and as efficiently as possible per day. Thats the difference between players who have lots of currency and those who do not. Besides other factors like rerolling way too much because if your not mapping your not using your time to its fullest either... is time played and how you use that time in game.

Of course there are other more nefarious ways to make currency but if you just play the game and map alot currency will follow. I dont its any secret by now that if you are willing to give up playing the actual game and willing to stand in your HO all day flipping and trading around shit you can maximize gains but for someone like me who likes actually playing the game thats just not an option..

Ive made more currency this league than i have in the past year worth of league combined... The ONLY thing ive done differently is im not working ATM and have much more free time to play. So when im mapping all inefficient and shit like i always do i make up that type of play in raw hours played.
Ive also been picking up on efficiency this league because of trying to level as high as i can with one of my builds this is has also played a role in my currency generation. Proof is in the pudding.

Id dont flip currency, items, or any of that shit i only use trade to sell off good drops i find. Thats it none of that other shit is nessisary. The only difference between the haves and the have nots is simple... The haves play the fuck out of the game and as efficiently as possible.. the have nots reroll every other day and take 20-30 mins per map..
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jan 14, 2018, 9:14:52 AM
Tgis game already have enough market reatrictions. A new player who doesnt start playing with a friend probably will have some problems to understand how the currency system works, more problems to buy and sell itens once the trade chat only sell itens overpriced and if he doesnt have a premium tab he gonna have to put a lot of effort to trade using any trade site

And that video was about how to be efficient flip itens as jewels to the end of a league is a knowledge who deserve to be reward cuz that this need a lot of experience with a lot of builds. And if u are a new player u want to know how to be more efficient once u probably are looking for more currency to play with orther builds or a hard content
Last edited by gokudin on Jan 14, 2018, 9:09:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info