Cutedog video on earning currency for beginners as mandatory watch would discourage playbase

This guy, talking to noobs, first talks how to sextant block. It's like his first words!
He doesnt mention using his voice that he has bisco, but it's written in the chat.
So, okay, his mistake, anyone can make currency with sextant blocking and bisco, but he probably should tell people how to get there.

Then his another chapter is how to nolife do 60 maps in 60 minutes, while shield charging between vendor and map portals. So I learned that if I did good drugs and had nothing to do, I'd be rich in poe. You know, some of these drugs that make you excited to clean your kitchen - because it's exactly how exciting is doing shaped channels back to back right now.

Rest of his advice is legit, like spam 60 maps with alchs then remove bricked ones and put them for sell.

But then best part - he teaches players how to flip items. Flipping items is bit of prisoner dillema scenario. If nobody does this, everyone is happy. If everyone does this, everyone is happy too (because everyone sells their items for exalts, not chaoses).
This parasitic life/playstyle is only possible due to exploting unaware players. This is not "efficiency", just parasite behaviour. It NEEDS noobs to work. Just like diamond mine owner NEEDS those 1 usd per hour workers to mine them.

In real life we have at least SOME laws against exploiting the workforce (unaware players in this case).

But the bottom point is this. If those parasitic players would play with each other, and noob players played with each other only, stories of "I play for month and have 10c" would disappear.

INB4 whine. Yes, I did pretty a bank doing flipping in legacy league for ONE WEEK. At first I laughed how doing one easy map nets me 30c. Then I wanted to cry about how stupid this system is and ceased the flipping.

It's not okay if player who does 10x as much maps per days earns 30-100x as much as the player two who doesn't flip. I sincerily hope we get trade restrictions. NOBODY needs to buy more than two rare items per day, OMG. It's all for flipping. On my current lab runner bf char I bought 3 chests in total, 1 offhand and 3 swords in total, 4 helmets in total (only due to mistakes on The Oak calculations), probably 2 boots and gloves each, with like 3 purchases per slot of rings and amulets.

Let's limit purchases of anything other than currency/maps/fragments and we will be fine.
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2018, 3:27:17 AM
Fuck no.

I do what I want.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

Restrict sextants/trading/flipping/etc and you'll be stuck with the same distribution of wealth in PoE.

Last edited by _SpAz_ on Jan 14, 2018, 1:21:15 AM
"
_SpAz_ wrote:

Restrict sextants/trading/flipping/etc and you'll be stuck with the same distribution of wealth in PoE.

I'm perfectly aware of pareto distribution. However it can be applied in so many ways, it's not really an argument. Because do
20% of people have 80% of wealth?
or rather 20% of their daily work time nets them 80% of effects
Or maybe 20% of first new league days net you 80% of your total income?

Or maybe "20% of changes to trading will cut 80% of inequality caused by literaly no effort flippers"?

See, Belton manifesto destroyed all methods of easy currency that were accessible, simple to understand and doable by new players. I told new player - do vinktar maps! Week later he links me 10ex. He literaly went from 10c to 10ex in aw eek, with like 2h per day playtime or less. Compare that to setting 30 whoosh pages on poe trade so that you cant even listen to fucking music, because otherwise you dont hear whoosh sound.
So now easy money is 1. lab [menial task] 2. sextans blocking [hard to start, very hard to start if you want elder on the map too]. 3. flipping [menial task] 4.shaper [easy and fun, low reward, possible bad streaks that leave you bankrupt]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Last edited by Prostitute4Money on Jan 14, 2018, 1:32:45 AM
He has a cool voice should work in radio or something. Video good too.

It's so easy to make money in this game like he show. Like he presented just one way of many focus on jewel for a build like say triple multi with IAS for cospri dischargers. Buy for 5-10c at start of ladder then sell later for 5-10ex.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 14, 2018, 1:46:11 AM
Personally I actually play the game... Hardly ever trade. I do agree GGG needs to come up with a way where playing the game is more profitable than playing the flipping game. I think it's crazy that players who often do not even play the game can actually horde most, if not all the wealth in the game.

In one of the older trading threads I have actually opted the idea of limiting the amount of trades a person can do per day. GGG needs to step up in my opinion and cut the flipping(and pricefixing with it) out of the game, and make playing the game the default setting for wealth. Even only limiting the amount of items a person can list for trade per day would already help alot, 2-5 items listing per day would do it.

Ofcourse many players will disagree, as there is only one way they know how to make wealth(flipping), but these are usually also the players that post they are bored after 5 days in a new league. So the way I see it is when they get rid of flipping it is a win-win for the game.

Ofcourse things aren't as black and white as this, but it definately is a problem.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Jan 14, 2018, 1:49:36 AM
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Personally I actually play the game... Hardly ever trade. I do agree GGG needs to come up with a way where playing the game is more profitable than playing the flipping game. I think it's crazy that players who often do not even play the game can actually horde most, if not all the wealth in the game.

In one of the older trading threads I have actually opted the idea of limiting the amount of trades a person can do per day. GGG needs to step up in my opinion and cut the flipping(and pricefixing with it) out of the game, and make playing the game the default setting for wealth. Even only limiting the amount of items a person can list for trade per day would already help alot, 2-5 items listing per day would do it.

Ofcourse many players will disagree, as there is only one way they know how to make wealth(flipping), but these are usually also the players that post they are bored after 5 days in a new league. So the way I see it is when they get rid of flipping it is a win-win for the game.

Ofcourse things aren't as black and white as this, but it definately is a problem.

Some people dont flip and aare rich too. If you run 60 maps an hour all sextanted up you can't be anything but rich. That was his whole point of video - there is many ways to get rich.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 14, 2018, 1:59:56 AM
Well i watched the entire video i don't really see where is the issue he is just kinda explained how you can generate currencies without going with too heavy explanations either.
I do have an issue with flipping but i don't really care if somebody else enjoy doing it we just don't play the same game that's it.

I eventualy have issues with players that just level 20/20q gems and sell them twice higher than what it cost if you buy simply buy 20 GCP + level 20 gem lol but whatever there are plenty of ways to generate currencies at all.

The point îs by design PoE allow these players to flip, and even encourage them to do it. There is nothing new here and i'm afraid it won't change.
Things are simple, if a large portion of userbase enjoy doing it, i don't see why GGG would even think about slowing down that.

The only thing i've with this video is basicly item filter won't show any rare items.
The public targeted is casual / new players and this is kinda explaining them if you want to be succesful on efficent and economic part playing this ARPG, you have to know it doesn't worth your time and you shouldn't put any effort into identifying rares items at all. And i've to agree that sadly true ( Don't make me wrong, you can end really rich doing it eh, but nothing near wealth others methods can provide )

I know this is a tedious subject that could be discussed for hours and days even months, but i wonder what was the point to create currencies instead of gold, if it's to end with the same result than gold mining in most of games at all ?

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 14, 2018, 2:02:20 AM
"
"
_SpAz_ wrote:

I'm perfectly aware of pareto distribution. However it can be applied in so many ways, it's not really an argument. Because do

Or maybe "20% of changes to trading will cut 80% of inequality caused by literaly no effort flippers"?

You lost me at the last part by inserting the word inequality.

I'm not particularly sure what metric you're using to determine equality. Are you referring to the equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? As far as I can tell the latter applies to every player whereas the former is subjective and impossible to control or influence with any sense of efficiency seeing as total knowledge in any market cannot be consolidated.

My argument is that no matter what you do to control the market or those participating in it, there will always be a small percentage that dominate in terms of wealth. Whether that's from people using the tools at their disposal to efficiently farm new currencies, individuals intelligently trading, or groups of people pooling resources to gain new wealth.

Also, keep in mind that many streamers such as cute dog are fed currency from various sources (friends/guildies/viewers)

For those who do not like the inequality of PoE's market GGG crated a nifty mode called SSF.

"
_SpAz_ wrote:
"
"
_SpAz_ wrote:

You lost me at the last part by inserting the word inequality.

I'm not particularly sure what metric you're using to determine equality. Are you referring to the equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? As far as I can tell the latter applies to every player whereas the former is subjective and impossible to control or influence with any sense of efficiency seeing as total knowledge in any market cannot be consolidated.

My argument is that no matter what you do to control the market or those participating in it, there will always be a small percentage that dominate in terms of wealth. Whether that's from people using the tools at their disposal to efficiently farm new currencies, individuals intelligently trading, or groups of people pooling resources to gain new wealth.

Also, keep in mind that many streamers such as cute dog are fed currency from various sources (friends/guildies/viewers)

For those who do not like the inequality of PoE's market GGG crated a nifty mode called SSF.

I mean - drop rates are balanced based on top 1%, not on average players. What we should do to gain wealth is more mapping, less trading.

I hope adding tier show system will make flipping much less prevalent
Last edited by Prostitute4Money on Jan 14, 2018, 3:20:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info